Blast from the Past Thread #23!!Catch up and some ott!! pg 114 epi 230 - Page 92

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Disclaimer: Please do not copy my work anywhere. If you do, please give credit.

Episode 229

Aaj karne do 

Durga your writing is like a shayari.. I loved this stanza.. You are superbly creative.. somehow while reading this am remembering the song "Aaj jane ki zidd na karo.." .. it does seem to have the same tone..

Na ye takraar ka waqt hai, na tiraskaar ka hai
Iss behas mein zaroorat ek Tehraav ka hai
Iltija hai ke in baaton ko ab rehne do
Aaj karne do, humey karne do

wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: sohara

episode-229

Khushi was so immersed in her game to irritate Arnav, that she couldn't notice, when her temerity jeopardized Arnav's health. But at the same time we witnessed her extreme care and concern for him. There was no veneer, no inhibition in her care. Contrition assailed her heart after causing his sickness and she tries to atone it whole heartedly. In spite of so much asperity between them, their relationship had grown by leaps and bounds after the forced marriage. May be the relationship of a husband and wife is like that, the bonding is just inextricable. Don't know much about it, but can guess by seeing my parents. Or moreover Khushi is a giving and innocuous soul. When she saw sick Arnav, she couldn't bridle her feelings and poured it out as much as she could .

"baat aapki hai to phadak padta hai."...how can we deny her beseech to stop him leaving her.

Anjali is back. The whole family is on the dinner table. Little Babli's entry has made them jovial. Everybody is having dinner except khushi. She wants to wait for Arnav. Nani tells her that their family is different. So she can have her meal.

Khushi's demeanor makes Anajli incredulous. Anjali's ambiguity increases more to hear about Khushi's antics from nani and mami's mouth. Calling Arnav swami or making him wearing red shirt sounds more like mock than love; it's definitely is not palatable to Anjali's shatir dimaag. Did I just call her shatir? Isn't she? Don't know how she was so blind about shyam?. She senses something is fishy. Mami also wants Payal to do what khushi is doing.

"do you always wait for my son without having meal?".. nani stops her with a quick repartee.

Pause: this is so real. That's why I love IPK so much. Nowadays everybody's schedule is different, so it's not possible to wait for other family members. But things should be different for newly married couple. Arnav and Khushi's relationship was not a regular husband-wife relationship. So obviously if she would've wanted to wait, Arnav wouldn't allow it. He didn't give her that much of right to do such things for him. But I felt a pang of pain for the introvert orphan boy. I wish if somebody would've waited for him in the meal time. Why Anjali didn't take care of that?  She didn't need to starve for him, at least she should accompany him in the dinner table. Couldn't she do a little thing for her brother? Anajli's love was not tantamount to Arnav's love. every time we saw Arnav had to surrender to Anjali's whims. And how much she loves and cares him we definitely saw it after shyam's revelation. It was Arnav who always loved his sister more than his life. He might grown up in that way, not so fondled, very much strong and independent after his parent's demise.. Moreover Arnav was a workaholic, so his schedule might not match with others. When the MU was over, it would be great if they would've shown Khushi is waiting for him in the dinner table. Sigh things got messed up, especially after the remarriage.

Nani calls Arnav to come early as Khushi is starving. Arnav tells her to tell Khushi to eat. he is still busy with work and can't come early. Or moreover she shouldn't trouble him. nani refutes, it's not trouble but care. As a wife it's her duty to take care of her husband. Nani gets frantic and tells him not to come and keep Khushi hungry. Khushi gulps her fear. How long the foody will stay without food!

Time is passing, but Arnav is not coming home. Drums are playing inside Khushi's stomach. She looks at the puri, smells it, but can't eat it. Is not that, She is not eating for Arnav, but she is doing it cause she bragged so much in front of nani. She remembers nani's words, that she should eat. She thinks to eat one puri and some aloos. She doesn't know when laad governor will come. She gets allured with the smell of the puri.  Instead of taking one puri, she takes two. After finishing the food she comes back washing her hand. She gets flabbergasted to see all the empty bowls. She finished all the food. Arnav also comes home at the same time. She is nonplussed, what to do. She hurriedly hides her napkin under the table mat.

Khushiki bachchi, you ate all the food of my ASR. By the way, what an exaggeration!. How a petite girl like khushi can eat so much!

Arnav chides Khushi, why she was doing this drama to wait and eat with him. khushi can't even look in his eyes. He tells her to serve the food; he has been starving since morning. But khushi is standing there, inert, can't understand what to do. Arnav quips, "won't you serve food and eat together?"

Arnav lifts the lid of each bowl. He is dumbfounded; all the bowls are empty!

"Where is the food?"

Khushi stammers, she will prepare the food right now; how can she serve him cold food? Arnav doesn't want her to take trouble. He wishes to order some food from outside. But in this late hour, it won't be possible too. Khushi insists to cook.

Aww my man is so sensible! Not like a typical husband. Though Khushi was literally dementing him, but he didn't get angry to play prank with his meal.

Arnav comes back after taking shower. But the food is not ready yet. He calls khushi, just like the way a loving husband calls his beloved wife to serve food. Finally khushi serves him the food. But she wants to feed him by herself. Arnav gets annoyed at her drama, cause his body needs food badly now. He is wilting. But Khushi doesn't relent; she tastes it before feeding him. After finishing all her drama, when she intends to feed him, he has already swelted .

"Arnavji,"... a coarse panic encased a shrill in her voice. Khushi is aghast, tries to wake him up. All the family gathers hearing her scream. Anjali sees that the food is still on the table.

"chottey didn't eat his dinner."

Mami as usual makes a silly accusation that there must've poison in the food. She stops at nani's rebuke. Khushi tells them that he didn't eat. Arnav got his sense back, when Anjali sprinkles some water on his face, but he is very weak. In impediment, he asks for his medicine. Khushi understands that his sugar level lowered down. She gets some gurr to feed him. He feels a bit better after having the sweet, but still he looks emaciated. Akash takes him upstairs; he needs rest. Khushi is in contrition. Because of her temerity, he had to go through a life threatening medical condition.

On a lighter note, I can't resist myself to say that Anjali was rubbing her hand too much on his chiseled cheek.πŸ˜† Lucky woman. I'm jelly.

In his room Anjali feeds her brother.

khushi is in compunction; she is standing aside like a convict. Babli also is there at his service. Arnav seems a bit reticent to Babli. May be he is uncomfortable with kids. But few days ago I loved his interaction Nikhil. And I just can't forget how he consoled a little girl in the mandir on the day of their parent's death anniversary. He extricated all the pigeons to fulfill the girl's mannat. 

Let's come to the episode. He doesn't need any help, cause he is fine now. he tells everybody to take rest. While leaving the room, Anjali can see Khushi's tension. Khushi thinks, it's all her mistake. Anajli tries to assuage her, everything is fine and she should not feel guilty.

Arnav gets up from the bed to sleep on the recliner. Khushi runs to him. She  keeps her hand on his shoulder to stop him but he brushes it off. He is mad at her temerity and now he doesn't need her mercy. Khushi insists him to sleep on the bed today.

"You don't have to tell me what to do."..he is livid.

"If you don't listen then I'll tell di everything."

He agrees at her blackmail. Khushi tries to cover him with the comforter and he removes her hand. But still khushi does it, and he doesn't stop her this time.

Arnav falls asleep. Khushi looks at her handsome husband worriedly. His chiseled cheek bone, his aristocratic nose, his sharp jaw line, his perfectly arched eye brows, he is looking like a Greek God in his slumber.

Khushi's anxious face is devoid of all traces of sleep. A deluge of guilty feelings is gnawing at her heart.  How can she reconcile now? Whole night she keeps standing, leaning on the wall, watching him, whether he is ok! She drowses off several times but wakes up in a jolt at the same time. She checks him every now and then. At once he was on the edge of the bed and she runs to him to make him comfortable. She is also wilting. She has also gone through a tumult. She pulls the chaise beside the bed to sits down. So that she can keep an eye on him. She drowses off , but wakes up in a jolt to hear his movement. He is thirsty. Khushi runs to him to give him water, but he doesn't need her help. in spite of his admonishment she still gives him water He coughs; khushi gets panicked. She rubs his back. This time he doesn't refute. She holds his chin up to give him comfort, asks him is he fine. Arnav nods his head gently. Both look at each other intently. Rabba vey ascends. By gazing at her assiduously, Arnav tries to read her eyes? Her eyes are always windows to her innermost thought. Gazing at her worried, anxious face he thinks, is her concern genuine?  She looks at him with a veiled thoughtful expression in her face. Transfixed by the smoldering intensity of his eyes and intimidated by his hard, undecipherable facial expression, her perturbation increases moreand  she moves away. She asks him whether he needs more water? Arnav gently nods his head. khushi tries to help him lie down. He protests.

"let me do it."

He assents. He goes to deep slumber again. khushi is till in embroilment. She spends the rest of the night by incessantly checking him and pacing back and forth.

The night is over and the morning has arrived. When Arnav opens his eyes, the first thing he sees is  khushi's anxious face.

"How are you feeling now? do you need anything?"..she is extra alert.

"Excuse me"..Arnav roils.
"Tell me, if you need anything. I'll get that for you.".. Khushi's face reflects the anxiety and fears relentlessly beleaguering her heart and mind.

Khushi's too much attention embitters Arnav. He gets up from the bed in anger and strides fast to get out from her sight.

ooouch

He slips on something and relapses on the floor. Khushi is awestruck.

plz ignore typos and mistakes.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=d6VtRczM17s[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6VtRczM17s

credit goes to the maker

Wonderful analysis Soha.πŸ‘ Beautiful gifs and edits and VM!⭐️ Thanks a million! πŸ€—All I loved I highlighted in blue. Arnav is really not the typical husband like you said. He does not want his wife, leave alone his family to wait for him for dinner. But yes Anjali could have waited up for him everyday. But i guess Chottey must have forbidden her to do so. But that does not give her the right to touch his chiselled cheek so many times😑, I agree Soha!πŸ˜‰
Khushi ofcourse was doing all drama in the beginning and it was rather greedy of her to eat up all the food. But her concern for Arnav when he fell sick was genuine. you are right, it is difficult to hold back if you love a person. How sweet, you have seen that in your parents.
I too have a personal connect with the episode.I  feel guilty about having dinner before my husband, not because its a social thing, but because while I am enjoying my meal my best friend, my husband  is slogging away at work. But like ASR my hubby has begged me not to wait for him till midnight because he feels guilty! But I warm his food and rarely sleep before he does.
😳
thanks Soha
Edited by wiwy - 10 years ago
wiwy thumbnail

Episode 229

Aaj karne do 

Raah mein aise mod bhi aate hain
Kuch baatein hadd se guzar jaate hain
Bigdi haalat ko zara sambhaalne do

Nasaaz tabiyat aapki nahin humey manzoor
Aapki khatir hum khudko khudse kare door
Ye zaroorat hai humari, humey poori karne do

Translation:

On the way, such turns also come 
Some things cross the limit
Let me take care of the worsened situation
Today let me do, let me do 

This is not the time for a clash nor for refusal 
A halt is required in this argument 
I request you to let these matters be 

Your unwell health is not acceptable 
For your sake, I would separate me from myself 
This is my necessity, let me fulfill it

A wonderful feel to the poem Durgey.The voice of Khushi's heart beats through it!❀️ Marvellous, my friendπŸ€—
wiwy thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 229

he eats alone night after night.

he takes care of himself when he is unwell, no one stays up the whole night tending to him.

a man used to his loneliness, not expecting too much by way of love and attention from even his loved ones. just the bare minimum. happy to see the entire family fretting over and pampering his elder sister.

a curiously lonely man. self contained, satisfied with just that little bit of expressed love from his sister. beneath the arrogance and matter of fact brusqueness is perhaps a man who is really alone. and so wanting to be loved, just he never will say it to himself... too much has happened to him at too young an age for him to leave that door open and make himself depend on others.

but does that mean he really does not need love? in fact, spend a little time observing hi with his sister and all you see is a heart full of emotion and empathy, an ability to love selflessly. that is rare.

he is all closed and remote though, till he meets the girl who makes his heartbeat race. how much he wants to love her and be loved by her... he did want that, didn't he... oh that sublime flirting and the wonder filled smile on his lips for a whole day.

then the night brought betrayal. again. and everything became murky.

and she, just an innocent kid really, who felt the most complex emotions for a guy way outside her ken, and dreamt of a simple happy romance with him. she knew of his ability to love beautifully, perhaps from that day in a temple way back, when she had seen him with his di... an arnav singh raizada not at all like the laad governor rakshas she knew. she could sense the beauty flowing within this crusty exterior. how she had thrilled to his "bas karni hai," his play with choori, bindi... and that kiss... oh she had so wanted him. she was so ready to be the woman she knew she would be with him, only him.

but now everything is complicated. there's no simple way of loving any more. a layer of anger, hurt, dejection, even fury, a complex ball of mixed negative emotions colours everything between them. 

the whole day she has spent getting after him, and maybe somewhere he understands why she behaves the way she does... both are living in peculiar and painful times.

when his nani says his wife refuses to eat without him, he is irritated, he is too tired perhaps of games, it's been a long day.

"nani, aap usse keh dijiye ki kha le. mujhe bahut kaam hai... mujhe kyun pareshan kar rahi hai..." the voice is exasperated, a grandson needs his grandma's understanding. tell her to eat, nani, i have lots of work, why is she bugging me...

"isse pareshan nahin kehte, ee toh sneh hai..." this is not bugging says nani, adamant, knowledgeable, because she can see what khushi herself can't... khushi's need to love her swami. this is "sneh", a beautiful word in sanskrit, difficult to translate... it's love at its most gentle, caring, nurturing... mothers give this to their children, teachers to students. it is a giving thing, demanding nothing back in return.

sneh. and the most beautiful rendition of it will come from the same girl who is out top destroy him. or so she believes.

i asked myself in khushi's insistence that she'd stay up for him, was there just a bit of longing for him? this angry, "show you, mister" way was the only way she could express it given the circumstances. she made a face and said, it wasn't for that laad governor she stayed away from the food, it was because she'd said so many things to nani... i heard just the opposite. she seemed to be trying to convince herself.

when she said, "lekin hum karenge, arnav ji ke bina hum khana nahin kha sakte..." was a part of her feeling a bit bad for him? she did want to seriously stay up and see him at night when he came back...

okay, i can't quite believe that khushi would stymie his every meal. that's not her. that's just insensitive writing. and really there was no need to have that comic direction on her polishing off all the food. they needed to come to a point where he would pass out and in a trice she'd shed all her anger and come rushing to take care of him, be with him, do whatever she can for him. they also wanted a change of mood to set in at this point and so it was comedy flipping to intense emotion. no point in cribbing about their chosen method of reaching this point.

it is what it is.

but i thank both the actors for making that dining room scene sublime. he is tired and so terribly attractive in that weary vulnerable state. she is clearly affected, but must switch to play acting to keep up her "drama".

"whaat?" by asr is one thing that should be banned by the censors if the womenfolk of this world are to keep themselves sane.

when barun's asr speaks to khushi, his tone is so intimate, every word seems to reach out and caress her, no matter what his state of mind, angry, irritable, brusque, tired, teasing...

i am thinking maybe that's why she stands sideways, protecting herself from the full brunt of his seduction, conscious or unconscious.

the sense of night was lovely at the dining table, usually a place of much activity and buzz. asr was so asr when he said, let me order some food. problem solver. non fussy. certainly does not expect wife to rush around cooking and serving. actually, the table talk earlier made it clear that unlike the heavy "kartavya" preaching serials we usually see, here a breath of fresh air and "damn the kartavya" as far as expectations of men and women in the fam are concerned.

wives don't stay up and hungry for husbands... in fact, absolutely not the way of the raizadas. i liked that though i did feel it would be nice if once in a way someone came and sat with him when he returned late and ate. i have lived with a man who often works till pretty late... he has never expected me to stay up for him or even warm the food, but i like to say hi to him when he gets back, ask him if he'd like to have dinner... you know that sort of thing.

when asr let himself in quietly, i suddenly felt a pang of sadness for this solitary creature.

he looked at her and yelled of course, but was he secretly happy? that "whaat?" the teasing "khana nahin khana hai ek saath" then the killing "wait..." such a private man woman world in his tone, his suggestions... and then he actually waited for her to cook. poor chap.

he changed, returned, waited, called out "khushi!" so naturally... and then he started to seriously fade. i absolutely loved the way barun expressed this. his eyes blanking out, the slackening muscles of his face, his body losing control, marvelously done.

she came  with the food and the annoying swami tactic... he said "khushi, just give me the damn plate..." but she played her game. however, the moment she realised all wasn't well, her concern hit a high note... no time to remember she hates him. lovely.

as he passed out, "arnav ji arnav ji arnav ji..."

when he muttered, "di... dhai...," she understood instantly, "di! dawai..."

perhaps a memory from another day came by, when she'd given him jalebi when he'd passed out, she had held him in her arms, wanted to take care of him, even though just minutes ago he'd been really nasty to her... always these confusing emotions, and the claim of love over all else. she gets the gur.

"main theek hoon..." he said to his di. the demeanour and acting, both breathtaking.

babli offered to stay up with him, he was curt. he said there was no need, she'd better go to bed. he hates fussing it seemed to me, he had struggled and survived alone, when he was down, he preferred to overcome by himself.

in khushi, palpable wretchedness, something so real here... "sab hamari galati hai..." she told di... it's all my fault.
she was contrite, she had hurt her arnav ji in her anger. he heard it, you could see his eyes take note in the background.

when he tried to get up, khushi came running, "rukiye rukiye..." she put her hand on his shoulder to help, he pushed it away

"main wahan sofe pe sone jaa raha hoon..." i am going to sleep on that sofa he said in a quiet voice but certainly the man in charge.

she insisted, you sleep here.

a look, and his stubborn, "main wahin sounga..." i'll sleep there.

the little exchanges were always so real.

"nahin, aap yahan soenge..." no , you'll sleep here... she used di's name to contain him...

again he pushed her hand away... he is hurt upset angry.

but she decided to take charge. and she expressed just the sort of love di had hoped she would when she had told her about chhotey's contrary ways when it came to being shown pyaar.

both their voices sounded different. he was low and tired yet trying to hold on... she sounding normal, strong... "koi zaroorat nahin..." the babyish, silly sounding kkg is gone.

did anyone notice his little sideways look of irritation.

she returned to settle his blanket. again a look. then he let her.

and the night watch started...

she can't let him be, she needs to know he is ok... there's peace only when he sleeps easy...

i felt so bad for this couple... so much love and yet the madness...

she is sleeping off standing but she can't let go, her arnav ji is not well...

"maine kaha na main kar loonga... tumhari madat ki zaroorat nahin hai..." i told you i'll manage, i don't need your help... hen he wakes up for some water, he is brusque again. at this point one can only connect this to him feeling a bit angry with her for her behaviour and also that love he feels but can't show... complex notes here. but it's in the next episode that we connect he hates to see those he loves feeling guilty... so her pacing through the night, contrite and sad, is also something he doesn't want because he can't bear to see her feeling like this... not on his account. who has created this character, may i please hug him/them... this is a real human being... rarely are we laced within with just one simple emotion, there's nuance everywhere... 

in just a few sentences, barun and sanaya, seemed to reel back the whole ha ha thing and returned me to asr and khushi. he is upset... she is sorry... both are so badly in love, in need of each other...that is what counts.

the rejection seemed to bother her...

"humne kaha na dhyan se..." she rushes to stroke his back when he chokes on the water. intimate lovers they are every minute of this sequence.

breath stopping contact and communication... all through that urgent absolute need.. arnav singh raizada had just wanted to love this girl and she thought life was meant to be uncomplicated...

"upar dekhiye, aap ko rahat milegi..." look up, you'll feel better. and his eyes looked into hers... a moment when everything changed.

the long rabba ve as she held his face in her hands and he just looked at her... no guile, no anger, no outside world, just you and me, was like balm on the fretful days. do you love me? he seemed to ask... how can i not, you are everything to me she seemed to reply. it hurts so much, something inside both of them said.

again he goes to threw her arm off, but she insisted... let me do it... "hume karne dijiye." he settled back onto the pillows, maybe he felt cared for and safe, he had no one he could ask this of. he pretended he didn't need anyone. but didn't he?

and she paced again. beautiful music soothed the hurt, the pain, the confusion, and said, this only this feeling is valid.

an extraordinarily emotion filled sequence. every word, tone, touch, movement, colour, stance, pause, everything spoke of a feeling deep and alive, the subtext was rich, you could read as much as you wanted in it and still there'd be more to feel and resonate to.

as a scene it was simple, a wife takes care of her husband through the night... the direction and acting made it into a beautiful love song.

i did think of this song by atif aslam while watching... actually many songs came to mind, including raabta, and e tumi kemon tumi from the bengali film "jaatishwar". ipk understood love, i felt again, like very few things have.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApnLd04X7-U[/YOUTUBE]
credit uploader

That was sublime In di. You read the subtext and expressed every gesture and emotion remarkably. A lonely man, wanting a soulmate. Marrying her, binding her in the holiest of bonds, so that he could hate her. He did try hard. And she tried hard too. But this episode here cut through the layers of hate and mistrust and bad faith and stared into the core, the blooming lotus of love in the ocean of everlasting love.
Edited by wiwy - 10 years ago
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Episode 229:

PS: Getting nostalgic about that 4th promo and how this journey started.. then it seemed to fit perfectly with what transpired that night!
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: wiwy

That was sublime In di. You read the subtext and expressed every gesture and emotion remarkably. A lonely man, wanting a soulmate. Marrying her, binding her in the holiest of bonds, so that he could hate her. He did try hard. And she tried hard too. But this episode here cut through the layers of hate and mistrust and bad faith and stared into the core, the blooming lotus of love in the ocean of everlasting love.

thanks, wiwy...

the bad writing and unnecessary waffling apart, i felt ipk often touched on the basic truth of the nature of love and lifetime relationships. this hate business for instance... is there any real couple i know that hasn't been affected by it. oh there are times you want to do serious damage to the person you hate, yet dammit you love them... and usually in these unpredictable, non routine moments it leaps out, this ridiculous love and swamps the hour.

the hate and the rational assessments remain maybe at one level, but that other feeling, how it asserts itself. even when you know you are right and that person needs to be hated.

they got feelings as a concept and barun and sanaya just expressed them with a deeper gleaning... especially barun... just look at the set of expressions in this episode... each one is layered, deep, fathomable only upto a point.

ocean wasn't too bad a name for this character... and was it serendipity only that the actor's name meant lord of the waters.

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Horizon

Episode 229:

PS: Getting nostalgic about that 4th promo and how this journey started.. then it seemed to fit perfectly with what transpired that night!

beautiful πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Episode 229

Aaj karne do 

Raah mein aise mod bhi aate hain
Kuch baatein hadd se guzar jaate hain
Bigdi haalat ko zara sambhaalne do

Ye zaroorat hai humari, humey poori karne do

Translation:

On the way, such turns also come 
Some things cross the limit
Let me take care of the worsened situation

This is not the time for a clash nor for refusal 
A halt is required in this argument 
I request you to let these matters be 

Your unwell health is not acceptable 
For your sake, I would separate me from myself 
This is my necessity, let me fulfill it

Stupendous.
i can see you are using more poetic words to convey their emotions.
These lines are my most favorite

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Horizon

Episode 229:

the lines are from my most favorite promo.
Barun was looking deadly in this promo.
the assimilation is awesome.

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Episode 230

From the night of soaring high in love, like Arnav, we literally slip down into reality. Panicky loud Khushi looks on while Arnav is still riled up. Did he think she played another trick which caused him to fall? Well devi maiyya has already played her master move and made him fall in love. It doesn't matter if khushi's extra oil makes him fall on the floor. An almost uncharacteristic outburst from Arnav which lasted but a second... A grimace and calming down once he realizes Khushi was in fact trying to take care of him.

Looks like someone randomly decided we need a lighter tone in today's narration and the resulting snore was simply awkward. But why belittle such an awe inspiring display of love? If Anjali needed to witness Khushiji's concern there were multitude of ways much more subtle to show it than have her fall asleep this abruptly. I notice Payal also always asked Khushi "tum thik toh ho nah?". Of course it neither has Arnav's radiant charm or Barun's impeccable style πŸ˜‰ ..  though it does have a lot of elder sisterly concern...

Not too far away another elder sister catches up with a worn out looking brother..His hair still greasy ..Anjali reminds chote of Khushiji staying up the whole night to look after him.. "pata hai di".. The faint stress on hai. He does not like it.. an uncharacteristic show of vulnerability.How much all this affects him! Befitting choice of word by Anjali.."Jeevansathi".. her eyes already have seen that this bond of marriage will survive a lifetime. Khushi will remain by Arnav's side to have and to hold , for better for worse, in sickness and in health . One word encompassing all that a wife and husband are to each other.. companions in the journey of life..

The child actor is not too bad.. But why was mami instigating Babli? Payash's saccharine smiles leave me with a feeling of diabetes. Although I quite like Akash and Payal but can we have less sugar piliij..

Near the poolside in their small little world .. an almost demure wife walks up behind Mr Raizada.. tender halting "Chai?" and you can almost feel something ticking in Arnav's brains.. In a deep voice masking hundreds of emotions causing hundreds of emotions "Swami nai kahogi?"  ..calculated expression.."kaisa laga bina galati kiye guilty feel karna?" Unknowingly Arnav gives us a glimpse of what is in his heart. His belief that Khushi deserved all the sadness yet his inability to remain unaffected by it. The guilt eating him up from inside of causing pain. The har baar of how her tears discompose him. And in the foreground the fluid graceful movements of taking a glass of water and having his medicine. Maybe his subconscious self already realizing now he has all the more reason to take care of himself for the sake of one other.

Their hands have to touch because of all the searing untold unexplained chemistry. We hear a familiar strumming of the title song and look upon a flustered wife unsure of where all this is leading. "oh tum pareshan ho ri thi"? The last time he said this in the exact same place it was followed by some of the most breathtaking moments the show gave us. A name on someone's crimson mehendi adorned hand..and a lagi shart which spread a blazing crimson hue on a cheek and kept us all sleepless with dhak dhaks for nights to come.. Khushi can't seem to decide between hurt or anger as she points out how chalaak the man is. "chalaak" nai "shatir" .. after all I am Arnav Singh Raizada ..the pretense of nonchalance.. The hint of a smirk is the only clear sign of the pride he wears in the name he bears and all that he has made it stand for. Am trying to remember if I was convinced that he was lying the first time I watched this. I think I was as clueless as Khushi. Though unlike her I had a strong unshakable belief that even if he was tricking her he must have endured torture each second of the endless night. 

When for the first time I saw Anjali peering from far was wondering what all would she end up overhearing.  Would something else slip from the lips of this estranged couple ? Would the heavily guarded almost forgotten secret of the contract marriage come out in the open? Then for quite some time I thought Anjali herself would be hurt or enraged on behalf of Khushi that Arnav tricked them all. So what happened next was quite a surprise and a really heart touching one at that.. 

I guess whenever Anjali wears this yellow saree she is extra wise like the time she tried to explain to Khushi how her brother did not like display of love but needed it just the same. They are wrong when they say the photograph, a memory of yesteryear, is the only thing they brought with them from Sheesh Mahal. They brought something far more precious.. They brought each other.. And the love that helped both to survive. In one case a love that ensured a person would be able to keep her innocent idealistic beliefs.. And in the other case a love that ensured a person would leave no room for luck..no room for failure.. the certainty to excel.. "matlab?".. rueful and abashed chote stood in front off the all knowing gentle condescending di.. A heavy weight settling in.. constricting breath as he utters an urgent "Khushi?".. An irrefutable irrepressible eagerness to know whatever di has to say about her..  Am surprisingly touched by this beautiful depiction of what some might consider an almost mundane relationship. His sister understands him. "Ab bhi humein humare chote ki jhalak in aakhon mein nazar aati hai".. 

A fourteen year orphaned adolescent could be this thoughtful and dependable. No surprises that the man we see today is this perceptive and selfless. A man who carries all burdens single handedly with such a high sense of morality in his unique way that he was in deep remorse when he did something unjust. Who forces himself to learn to say sorry and mean it. Not just with Khushi but he also apologized to Payal for breaking her wedding and to buaji and amma for unintentionally hurting them. A man capable of facing the truth head on. Be it the decision to tell di about Shyam's treachery or come clean with Lavanya once he realized how unfair he had been about their relationship. A man feared for his anger in office but also revered for his ability. Loyal to a mami whom everyone takes for granted. Kindhearted to a little stranger who wanted pigeons to fly to be reassured that her world would be all right. A man who had confidence to engage in astonishing gentle yet drop dead teasing courting, but also a boy too new and scared to bare his soul to the one he loved still brave enough to take the leap of faith. Ok am definitely digressing now..

We get treated to a soothing shot of a brother and his sister looking into the mirror.. do they see their past? or can they visualize their future? .. A chagrined self conscious feeling of exposure seems to catch Arnav offgaurd ..  On my first watch my mouth formed a Khushi style "haw he was lying?" followed by "yeaaa he said all this to make her feel better".. The sometimes bewildered, often clumsy, spirited when needed and bewitching always was the Khushi who gave him sukoon. Arnav was willing to lie so that his feisty fully of life Khushi came back. Incoherent to his own self and too scared to admit again all that is within his heart he is still ready to damn himself to spare her the guilt. And what cannot hide in the mystic recesses of those eyes or in his slightly awestruck look has been caught by his di. The complicated introvert stands enthralled by the discovery of all that he sees in Arnav's reflection and I gaze on captivated by Barun Sobti's performance.. 

For some crazy reason I get reminded of these lines from a comic book turned movie, Dark Knight .. "Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.".. Aranav Singh Raizada does not need acceptance or gratitude. He will silently bear everything and go to any lengths to protect the ones he loves.  And somewhere while watching the last scene a realization has hit me that being good , as the term seems to imply, is highly overrated. You don't require to mouth promises, follow customs, like kids, be kind to everyone around you, agree to conventions or even embrace religion to be a good person or an exemplary icon of love .. it sounds like an understatement but all you need is a good decent heart.. and on this rewatch I am learning this invaluable lesson of life from a 27 year old fictional character Arnav Singh Raizada. At this point actually hurts to call him or for that matter any of them a figment of someone's imagination. In only 20 mins they manage to become more real than a lot of the real people that take up the rest of the 1420 minutes of my day..

Finally Shyam's face in the foreground and sinister music in the background leaves us with an unsettling feeling.. except that we know none of all this that Shyam did was ever significant enough to matter or actually ever made any sense at all..