Blast from the Past Thread #23!!Catch up and some ott!! pg 114 epi 230 - Page 57

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by aarwen

Episode 227

The episode starts with a gentle reminder of the hurt by shaitaan while a pair of restless eyes follow the clock straining to hear an aahat of the girl who has turned his world upside down never to be the same again. How hard he tries to fool himself.."who cares!".. Fark toh padta hai.. and you know it Arnavji.. Otherwise why would you pretend to sleep while Khushi confides in her confidant Lakshmiji. It is almost 3 days I think in the show and still the hurt lingers in Khushi. She doesn't want to show her face to him the whole day and will only return into the room after he has slept. Though I do find sleeping at 9:00 a little too early for anyone!
true, I'm a night owl, go to sleep at 9! impossible. Gosh ASR's life is so boring!

But however much she may try Arnav's eyes have found what they have missed for so long. His intense stare at a sleeping Khushi holds me spellbound. leaves me with a feeling of a weary traveller finding an oasis in a hot desert. 👏How thirsty is he for her sight and it amazes me how each look becomes so meaningful. When finally Arnav sleeps I sigh in peace because that is what radiates of the image before me. And then we are treated to another pair of eyes. Honest clear who search for reassurance of a presence. And having found that surrender into dreams of that very person ..her own rajkumar..
just loved how you metaphorically described Arnav's feelings here. Oasis in a hot desert, excellent metaphor.

An indulgent brother talks to his sister.. I feel touched at Anjali's concern for Khushi and Arnav's happiness. Her words had insight when she says it looks like Khushiji is searching for happiness. To which a grumpy ASR replies.. atleast she is happy.. but di won't be shooed away so easily.. "Chote tum aise kyu ho? ...Kaise di? " Very natural conversation and acting between Barun and Daljeet. We usually don't want others interfering in our lives even though they may be right in their assessment of the situation. Di gives up thinking she can get a better response out of our very own sanka devi,
ASR always ponders his di and Anjali knows very well how to manipulate her obstinate brother.

Maybe she doesn't know what we are silently learning that the days of the Khushi we know are soon getting over. When Anjali explained how chote never likes demonstration of love it left me wondering why.. But when she says he is used to her affection by now and if Khushi tries he will surely respond I remember the ethereal letter their mother had left behind.. "Humare chote ki naakh pe bahut sara gussa rehta hai and dil mein dher sara pyaar...gussa bardasht karna aur pyaar soot samet lautana..  " Simple words describing such a complex man and how to handle him.. Are we left wondering if this is the reaction that Anjali's words should have got out of Khushi.. She who cares about others so much that hides all evidence of her pain from them..how can she not thaw after this? Fascinating is a character who has forced a girl to marry him and yet my heart goes out to him. wants to protect him from the trouble. feels sorry for him as much if not more than the girl fiercely in her weird ott way battling the gloom he has brought in her life. Will she be this way after Anjali tries explaining? Maybe she would because all the times she fought with ASR even when they met the first few times she always spoke more than she intended to.. her anger more potent than actually needed.. and the pull more strong than explainable.. So yes maybe she would spend this day showering her loovveee "laad ... Pyaar" on her husband..
You pondered a very important point here. yes Khushi should be touched and affected by Anjali's words. But in this case nether their fight was a regular husband and wife fight nor their relationship was like a normal couple. There was a huge MU between them. The marriage was forced, based on Arnav's hate on Khushi. He hurted her sevral times saying that he hates her. And Khushi's intention is to compell him to leave her. She thinks that she doesn't have any right to love him. so she can't win her love, cause he already built the wall of hate between them. And everytime she wanted to know the reason, he just aberated to answer her.

The test drive begins.. In walks ASR tired from a day's work and a scheming planning crazy but cute girl waits to do her kartavya.. "mm no..i don't want any kartavya..stop this ok..  " "damn the kartavya" .. I cannot write anything more about this dialogue than simply quote it!!! he is remembering the jooce in the shoes.. the first time we saw this man curve a lip upwards. hint of a smile which we had no idea would brighten so many lives.. even in his bewildered suspicion we see his urgent concern masked as always "as it is you can't walk straight and you have a dupatta covering your head" ..  Khushi still has a lot up her sleeve.. Smiling coyly she mouths "Sath nibahan sathiya" and Arnav has this incredulous gaping look.. he knows his crazy wife is planning something but for the life of him he has no idea what..

Am quickly skimming over all dreaded references to Miss B..But am left wondering Payal calls her husband by his name..no ji.. doesn't wear a salwar suit to sleep .. knows what happens in a bhachelor party.. maybe she is the more informed of the two sisters. There were a few scenes where her progressive thinking and strength was shown. her handling of the undesirable boss who had brought her unconscious sister home after a terribly trying day.. acceptance of the boon of a broken wedding.. the character did have a glimmer of potential..
Good observation of payal's character. But unfortunately the role was butchered badly.

Early morning a still veiled Khushi moves forward with her emotional atyachar 😆(term borrowed from sbs segment). We watch a hand raised of own accord.. caress the lock of hair on his forehead while he sleeps on.. Glimpse of the Khushi I so badly want to hold on to.. when there is so much love in the heart it almost spills out.. can't be hidden and in these rare moments we see that in Khushi.. he wasn't irritated by the lock so it was not out of concern.. just the inexplicable attraction to touch.. a mirror to the scene long ago in a lonely guesthouse.. two orphans very similar in some shades yet a whole rainbow of colors separating them in all others.. awesome connection.  But Khushi can't be sidetracked.. Stern reminder that this is time of war.. duty calls.. no time for love.. or more like all the time to start showing the love!

Hysterically funny dialogues are to follow.. sleepy groggy eyes and a grumpy face.. how an actor manages all this is beyond me.. "who the hell is swami? "
i just adore this dialogue. really Barun is just impossibly good.
"apke what the ke karan chai thandi ho ri swami.." tug of war with his leg but he is genuinely perturbed.
yes he was.
. "Khushi kya hua hai tumhe" .. "aur ye ghunghat hatao" .. is it my ears or did it really sound that way..  not anger but intimacy.. no stranger can say these words to you and definitely not this way.. amidst all these jokes I see a liberal man.. who doesn't want his wife behaving like a bahu.. who does not like anything traditional and to him "actually Arnav would be just fine".. in fact even laad governer is better.
you are so right. Arnav is a very progressive minded guy and he never imposes his wish to anyone,

Sanya with her comic timing is brilliant as always.. her "phis phis parfume" has me giggling ..and arnav's disgruntled air has me in splits..  Walks out with a towel around his torso and the wet hair.. a few days back this sight had disoriented Khushi but now again we witness the increasing familiarity with proximity.. the gradual acceptance that she is his wife.
This actually bothered me. How his sexy look didn't affect her. strange!
. or maybe this is all in my head and Khushi was just too busy enjoying her scheming and planning working so well to notice anything else... "kaanto wala phool".. Hahaha..and am wondering how Arnavji would look with the garden on him if he did try on the green flowery shirt.😆 She dashes into the wall and am happy because ( apart from the fact that I do that all the time..) for her a worried arnav instinctively yells out. How many times we are shown how "har baar" her slightest "hurt" se fark parta hai..  to me this is love! And somehow even with all the rabba ve's Arshi manage to not be mushy but crazily endearingly "ajeeb" .. And that is what has me hooked on to this show..
can't agree more.

Arnav and Aakash always have great scenes together (in this case when one of them is not even on screen).. Akash is the only one who keeps his closet keys with him.. must be something to do with protecting all his red and pink shirts!😆 ASR restorts to what he does best.. yell for Hari  Prakash and treat us to some of the exquisite anger!

And finally he walks down in a red shirt.. My take.. he is conscious of his new colorful look yes but for me still very ASR! What's in a dress ? A rose maybe as red.. but ASR will still smell as sweet as the Parfume his wife gave him..
very well said.

Another fabulous take of yours.
i'm just loving your take.
all the bold lines stood out for me and my comments are in purple.

Sohara

lovely take ,A union of souls in the unconscious state.A talk of one heart to another with FULL right though with hesitation.The hesitation changes to a NEED and that need changes to a CONFIRMATION.Loved her here.She asks him with her Right and with this undeniable feeling that he will answer her.He will but she has to break a barrier first to make a crack in his.How smoothly her brain picks that clue and she is using it here and this is her first LOUD confession for him which brims his eyes.The longing and desires to be with each other and to be within each other is all time high.

Thank you

Edited by MehreenB - 10 years ago
Originally posted by Horizon

Heard this song on radio on my drive back from work yesterday...struck by its sheer melody, I had to google it later only to find a Arnav- Khushi vm with in the first few links...no reasonably decent song is left to be made into vm for Arnav- Khusshi.. is it?

What stuck me most was it is one of those rare visuals to show Khushi's feelings, confusion.. her monologue for this man...swept away by the romance of their initial encounters just one more time.. added to it, it has all the regal designations associated.. sahib, nawab, huzur... just to suit LG...
beautiful lyrics..
where is that sahib, nawab.. huzur.. breathtakingly beautiful faces.. and that timeless romance...

Atrophy indi, indeed atrophy..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iBuFHk-hG_Q[/YOUTUBE]

Lyrics:

Mann yeh saahib ji,
jaane hai sab ji
Phir bhi banaye bahaane
Naina nawaabi ji,
dekhe hain sab ji
Phir bhi na samjhe ishaare
Mann yeh saahib ji haan karta bahaane
Naina nawaabi ji na samjhe ishaare
(na samjhe ishaare)

Dheere dheere, nainon ko dheere dheere
Jiya ko dheere dheere bhaayo re Saibo
Dheere dheere, begaana dheere dheere
Apna sa dheere dheere lage re Saibo

Surkhhiyaan hain hawaaon mein, do dilon ke milne ki
Ho! Arziyaan hain nazaaron mein, lamha yeh tham jaane ki
Kaisi huzoori ji
yeh lab dikhlaaye
Chuppi laga ke bhi ghazab hai yeh dhaaye

Translation:

This mind, my master,
knows everything
Yet it makes excuses
These eyes, my highness,
see everything
Yet they don't recognize the signs
this mind, it makes excuses
these eyes, it refuses to acknowledge the signs

little by little, these eyes,
this soul,is enchanted by you

little by little, the stranger,
now feels like my own

Theres news in the air
about the union of two hearts
There are yearnings in those glances
For this moment to pause forever

O master, how do these lips tell you
it looks to be silent, yet they conceal marvels

oh indu,

i read the first four lines of the song and got serious attack of acidity.

where is this huzoor, i am so waiting for surkhiyaan and the arziyaan my dil writes every day who is to hear them.

thanks so much for the vm... i shall see soon, i think zoha did one with saibo...

just started downloading episodes... wondered if they were hd, then thought, does it really matter, even with aspect ratio gone haywire, resolution very low, ads running all over the screen... when they meet there is explosion... seriously thought, when i am 90 i'd still be looking at them and grinning like an idiot and dhakdhaling.

tell me, how to ever describe this magic... i am just happy to have been around it.

Originally posted by MehreenB

arwen very nice explanation of their inner feelings👏

in this whole episode ,this scene stands out for me.His restlessness speaks for itself that how much he has missed her.At this point 6 months are out of the picture.He is liking every goofy things she does or even puts him through because he never complains seriously specially after this.
Otherside she is missing him badly too."Kamal hai so gaye ," says a lot.She was expecting him to be waiting for.Both of them are looking for each other is another reason.

Thank you , this edit is really nice.

Nice thought mehereen that arnav was in a way liking everything goofy thing khushi was doing. He really enjoyed his ajeeb khushi didn't he?

I was very happy with this edit too..😊

And thank you for liking what I wrote.. By the way I just realized "Humana rang hai hara"🤗

Horizon and Sohara am so happy you liked my posts on the episodes. I think writing about them and discussing with everyone here has me loving even the episodes which I wasn't a fan of earlier.

I feel like The Khushi who has just found 2 silver coins in the chamko detergent packet. 😆Thank you !!
Edited by aarwen - 10 years ago
Indi, Ami, Sohara, Horizon, Samin,

Thank you all for loving the Swami parody. Glad to make you tickle. 😊 

Ami, Samin

If my poems make you come out of your hiding and show up, then I should write more frequently. So, happy to see you here. 😊 

Sohara,

I enjoyed the Swami track too. The language she uses at this time, sweet, shudh and pestering, is A one. 😆 Arnav's expresions are priceless. 🤣 

episode-226

What a perfect assimilation of beauty and the beast story with Arnav and Khushi's story. A big applause to the creatives for chosing a perfect fairy tale to depict Arshi's tale. Like the beast Arnav also remains in the facade of a heartless monster, but actually he is a very kind hearted prince. Like the beast he also loves his garden and his love for beauty is enormous. He compels her to do whatever he wants he wants and she also does everything according to his wish. But like the beauty Khushi also saw the handsome Rajkumar in Arnav. He was her Rajkumar, who always made her heart rate goes haywire, who danced with her, who gave her bangles, who kissed her lovingly, who gave her comfort when she was distraught. So many times he stood their by her side. but she doesn't know why suddenly he became a tyrant beast. She is hurt and wishing to see the beast to turn into a handsome prince soon.

Khushi's absence is literally deranging Arnav. Restless Arnav is fumbling inside the house just to get a glimpse of his pagal but cute wife. He told her not to show her face and for last two days Khushi was not seen. He didn't think that Khushi would've taken his words so seriously. He actually took her for granted. And now life is getting suffocating without her presence. So he couldn't help but finally asks HP, whether he saw her or not. HP didn't see her, and Arnav also feeling awkward to tell him to look for her. while striding away he suddenly hears her voice.  After two days he got back his life. He goes to the direction in a perfunctory manner from where her voice is coming from.

"What the"

What he is seeing. Khushi is tutoring some small kids. She will be their tuition teacher from 7 to 9 during the weekdays. He sighs a relief to see her, but her new work acerbates him. Why this annoyance Mr. Yummilicious? You are the one who told her to do some dhang ki kaam. And she is doing so. Dabba service se tution teacher ban gayi. Oh I got it he has allergy with kids.

Khushi has great camaraderie with kids. The kids are asking Khushi copious Questions. Whose blanket, whose nani etc. and Khushi is answering them patoently. Last time when the kids came in the house for kannya pooja they thought Arnav was Khushi didi's husband. When khushi refused they made him her honewala husband. Today without inhibition khushi is telling them about her husband, "my husband's granny".

The sexy grumpy man is back in his self. He is saying his what the more.

"What is happening in the guest room?"

He asks the ladies of the house. mami answers him quizzically

"Lagat hai, who phatti saree sochat rahi, jab uski personal bachche na ho jai,doosro ki bachche se maan bahelai jai."

(it seems like Khushi is thinking to please herself with other people's kids until she has her own.)

Though nani chides her, but I kind of liked her words. It was always my dream to see Arnav and Khushi as parents. Of course not parents of a grown up kid like Aarav, but parents of an adorable baby girl.

Mami continues, yesterday, whole day she was getting prepared for this.

"she started her new business, phatti saree and the chiller party, hello hi, bye, bye.

"Chiller party!"..Arnav is ambiguous.

Nani wants to make him understand that Khushi will remain happy while doing this tuition job and the house will be filled with kid's frolics.

khushi will do the tiffin supply in the day time and will do this tuition on the evening.

Arnav is flummoxed, is she still doing that tiffin service.

Poor guy thought that she gave up the dabba service. He always wanted Khushi to do something productive, where she can use her talents. He knows about her potentiality. Later after the remarriage he also set an office for her. But she refused to take his support and wanted to do something of her own.

He roils. Nani asks him sarcastically, why he is reacting like this? Did he recollect his childhood? It seems that Arnav was a naughty kid in his childhood. I wish if they would've shown some more anecdote of his childhood.

Khushi wants to start the first day of her tuition class with some story telling. She picks the story of beauty and the beast. I just loved how Sanaya depicted the story with voice modulation, with her hand and  body movements. . She sure made the story more interesting and captivating to the kids.

"Don't know what is the drama, nonsense.'

Aww he is getting irritated on her. yaaay, ASR is back. He is talking to Aman about some rivals.

Khushi is in the juncture of the sunadari and Saitan story, when sundari is roaming around in shaitan's garden and shaitan finds her. To make the story more realistic she turns off the light of the room and wears a scary mask. Coincidently Arnav comes there in the crux of the moment and bumps with Khushi when in the story sundari also bumps with Shaitan. Including Khushi all starts to scream aloud.

"Shaitan, shaitan"...Khushi bawls to see him. So sanka devi is revenging him by calling him shaitan!

When Arnav tells her to shut up, she points her finger to him holding the shaitan mask. But she doesn't want to talk to him; she is still mad at him. She turns away. Arnav yelps that he is talking to her. The little guy with specs named Nikhil stands on Arnav's way and doesn't let him to come in,

"see sundari is so scared of you"

"sundari!".. arnav reacts quizzically, with a mocking expression.

The kids close the door in front of his face and comes and hugs Khushi to console her. The girl who is most inquisitive asks Nikhil, is Khushi sundari and Arnav shaitan?

Khushi continues the story. She tells them that shaitan loves his garden, waters them every day, takes care of them really well. They see Arnav is also watering the plants in the garden. The little girls gets scared and asks her is he the same shaitan? Khushi averts to answer and continues. She comes to the point of the story where Sundari dreams of a handsome rajkumar every night, who is very nice and behaves very well with her. The rajkumar in her dream takes care of sundari so much. And every night she just dreams of that rajkumar. Music of Ipk's title song ascends in the BG. Arnav espies her from the garden. He hasn't been able to completely thwart a feeling of compunction that has been gnawing at his heart ever since he behave badly with her.

"every night in her dream she asks that prince a question, but she wakes up without hearing the answer."...she says weakly with the pupils of her eyes dilated with pain.

Her eyes go outside to the garden, where she sees Arnav is listening to her with embroilment. Both glance at each other for a while. His inside wrenches in acute pain. Contrition assails his heart.. khushi also gets melancholic. Arnav lowers down his gaze to control a rising wave of emotions.

The girl asks her, what is the matter. In subdued voice Khushi tells her that sundari came to know that the rajkumar and shaitan is the same person. But how is that possible

"pal mai shaitan, paal mai rajkumar! How two becomes one!"

Her feelings is snubbed and her heart feels heavier than the rain laden cloud. Arnav and Khushi both gazes at each other intently with a veil thoughtful expressions in their eyes. Arnav was looking so hurt and distraught and Kushi looked so despondent,

"ek hi pal mei sukh dena, aur agkle paal mai dukh."

(give happiness in a moment and give pain in the next moment)

Arnav convulses terribly to hear her painful words, as if she is not telling the story of beauty and the beast, but telling their story.

"I can't live without you"...he recollects the heer-ranjha moment, when he almost confessed his love to her. then the moment when he snatched the bag from her hand, threw the necklace set what nani gave her lovingly. He didn't spare a chance to call her greedy. His heart lurches painfully.

"now she can't understand."..khushi resumes her story,

"why she can't understand"...the little girl's innocent query. The other guy wants her to tell the story fast. The girl thinks Sundari is scared, because shaitan is near. She wants to know, what happened next? Did the shaitan kill shundari or ate her up? Khushi comes back from her trance and answers her,

"nether he killed her, nor he ate her, cause sundari was a very nice girl."

(pause: I can sense optimism in her words. she knows, like the beast Arnav will turn to a rajkumar soon, cause her credence will not let her down. She is an honest, innocent, genuine and a very nice girl and loves Arnav immensely. She knows someday her myriad love and goodness will get the beast out of him)

By this time the kids start to fight and breaks their pencil. Khushi tells them to sit quietly or the shaitan will come and eat them up.

"pal mai shaitan, pal mai rajkumar, yeh dono ek kaise ho sakte hai"

Khushi's  painful query is creating tempest in Arnav's heart. He is reeling under the effects of a complex mlange of emotions that is causing chaos and disorder in his heavy heart, whether he could tell her, he is not shaitan but the rajkumar of her dream, who loves her a lot, but a nightmare just shattered everything. Aman's call aberates him from his thought. he moves aside and when he comes back he sees that his plants are missing and the kids are standing there in a fighting position.

"if you want your plants back, you have to"

Arnav is so confused what this kids are trying to do. Nikhil tells his two friends to take care of sundari, as she is alone. He will face the shaitan by himself. He tells Arnav addressing Shaitanji that he knows his strength is his plants. If he wants his plants back he has to do something for him.

Arnav seems enjoying this little kid. He wants to know what he has to do. He tells him that Harpreet broke his pencil

"so"

The boy gives some salt pepper and green chilly,

"shaitanji, app harpreetko kha lijiye."

"Kha loon, who told you this?"

Shundari told him that shaitan eats up the naughty kids. He writes up in his note book that if he eats Harpreet, he will give him his plants back. He tells Arnav to sign there. A playfulness gathers his lips. He writes something and tells him to give it to sundari. His lips curl with a derisive smirk. Arnav and Nikhil make a deal to eat up Harpreet.

oyee sun, hey, listen, feeling so hungry, why to wait for Harpreet. Lets' eat you instead."

Nikhil gets scared

"you will not get your plants back."

Arnav  is smiling derisively

Khushi can't read his letter as the handwriting is really bad. He wrote in the letter that how dare she told the kids that he is shaitan and she is sundari.

"At least Don't tell lies to the kids."

The kids want to know what the shaitan wrote, did he propose to marry her and what is her decision? Is she refusing? Khushi writes her reply and tells Nikhil to give him. but Nikhil is scared cause Shaitan is bhooki (hungry) now.

Nilhil gives Arnav Khushi's letter, where she wrote,

"Arnav shaitan, forgive me Singh Raizada, neither I said anything nor I told lie. Bachche maan ki sachche hote hai. The fact is the kids can see the real thing what we don't. They saw the truth that I'm sundari and you are shaitan."

Arnav writes his reply and give it to him. Nikhil wants to know what about his deal.

"here is your plants, and there Harpreet is gone."

Who told that ASR doesn't like kids. He is having fun with the kids. And I must say he is enjoying this exchanging of letters with his wife. Though the letters are not full of loving  words, instead full of banters. But at least she started to communicate with him.

"Come back from the dream world Khushi. Don't make the kids like you. Yeh zindagi hai, koi."

She can't read.

"koi pariyoki kahani nahi hai"..Nikhil completes the sentence.

"rashto mai parliya tha'

Aww the poor guy is embarrassed for prying their privacy .

"sundari aur tum!, there are so many mirrors in the house, just take a look."

(haww, so much pretense! we know how you go nuts to see this sundari!)

Khushi infuriates to read his banter. She writes back to him.

Pause: why Arnav told Khushi to come back from the dream world? Did he mean that Khushi dreams to be with Shyam? Oh poor man, I wish if he would know Khushi's dream man is him but nobody else.

The letter bearer Nikhil bumps with Anjali on his way to deliver the letter. The letter drops in the floor. Anjali picks it and asks him where he is going? But he is in hurry, he has to send sundari's letter to shaitan fast.

"shundari, shaitan!"..anjali is incredulous. Nikhil tells her that Khushi didi is sundari and points at Arnav that he is shaitan. Anjali is baffled. She reads Khuhis's letter, where she wrote Arnav to see his face in the mirror too. She has come out from the dream world long gao. The person who got married with him, how can believe in fairy tales?. Anjali resents to read the letter. She senses Khushi's unhappiness. She tells Nikhil that she will give the letter to shaitan. She gets worried that things are not good between chottey and Khushi.. Why do they fight so much. She has to do something.

credit goes to the maker

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VENoFEubN7Q[/YOUTUBE]

plz ignore typos.
gifs credit goes to tumblr.
Edited by sohara - 10 years ago
Originally posted by ArshiHamesha

Hey pals, this stranger will be here over this weekend if there will be life in her.
Way too busy just coming and informing that I am alive.Sorry if breaking anyone's heart here.😆
💔
Sohara  excellent , fabulous review .loved it to the core of my heart as these are gems of IPK days.

This is what is they both are feeling behind their masks .How ecstatically their inner damn feelings are layering here with each other and they both sensed it too while holding her under the SUN, star as I mentioned in mine , he is making her aware of his intentions and she goes right to DIWALI night where she submitted herself but got rejected and today again he wanted her to feel the very same the way  he delivered his intentions on TERI MERI night.How BEAUTIFUL'

OK my Likes, Quotes, colors , nothing is responding so this is Faiqa and her time constrained posts...so stay with me as I am feeling guilty.

I love that song <3   [even smileys are not coming...hmmm...:(