Page 4 of 4

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 4

vcool

Goldie

vcool

Posted: 17 June 2005 at 9:34pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by anjali308

Poverty is a BIG issue that is prevalent in ALL nations (even in the most industrialized) and is an issue which needs to be given immediate attention and attention to by ALL leaders of the world

To me, of all the issues listed, I believe that war is the biggest issue.  Mystica and Puja, I totally agree with you about war as it is the bearer of all the troubles listed.  To me, war doesn't have the same meaning it once had.  War no longer means World War I, World War II, or one of the other large scale wars our world has seen. It is no longer fighting between two nations for a cause.  Rather, now we have the "war on terror" (courtesy of Bush) which on the surface has an agenda to crack down on would be terrorist cells abroad and within the US, but which in reality has crushed the civil liberties of many people within the US.  This "war on terror" has brought about a new kind of racial profiling in the US and has made it seem like an ok thing to do, when it is actually quite suppressive and demoralizing to those who face it.  After 9/11, countless number of people who "looked like" terrorists were imprisoned and even deported. 

The definition and scope of war has really changed due to the political climate as well as global events and has become even more oppressive and harmful than it was before.

I totally agree with you after poverty its definitely war , and nowadays its the so called "war on terrorism" which is the basic cause of so much animosity everywhere and i agree with you that the ppl who actually go thru it r the ones who suffer ,for ex. if ur studying aeronautical engineering in the states does it mean that ur associated with 9/11?......Pres. Bush does, so he just throws you away into the prison for months and lets ur families suffer, and ur future 2 be ruined, then why does he care, when hes getting stolen oil from Iraq, does it matter 2 him if Innocent Muslims and American soldiers r losing their lives in this phony "war on terrorism" ,has he ever seen the pics of the innocent children that die in this war ? or the young lives which r lost? Wat if he loses one of his ugly kidz? How will he feel then?  , all he knows is how to fool everyone with the so called "war on terrorism"  or in other words proving the fact that "Might is Right!"

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "worst issue (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

garammaxala7726

Goldie

garammaxala7726

Posted: 18 June 2005 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
poverty

icy_devil

IF-Dazzler

icy_devil

Posted: 19 June 2005 at 4:49pm | IP Logged
poverty is the worst issue bcoz little kids are suffering from it .....it really sad

Post Reply New Post

Go to top