Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

*Anjali*

IF-Dazzler

*Anjali*

Posted: 05 June 2005 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
Poverty is a BIG issue that is prevalent in ALL nations (even in the most industrialized) and is an issue which needs to be given immediate attention and attention to by ALL leaders of the world

To me, of all the issues listed, I believe that war is the biggest issue.  Mystica and Puja, I totally agree with you about war as it is the bearer of all the troubles listed.  To me, war doesn't have the same meaning it once had.  War no longer means World War I, World War II, or one of the other large scale wars our world has seen. It is no longer fighting between two nations for a cause.  Rather, now we have the "war on terror" (courtesy of Bush) which on the surface has an agenda to crack down on would be terrorist cells abroad and within the US, but which in reality has crushed the civil liberties of many people within the US.  This "war on terror" has brought about a new kind of racial profiling in the US and has made it seem like an ok thing to do, when it is actually quite suppressive and demoralizing to those who face it.  After 9/11, countless number of people who "looked like" terrorists were imprisoned and even deported. 

The definition and scope of war has really changed due to the political climate as well as global events and has become even more oppressive and harmful than it was before.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "worst issue (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

datspreets

IF-Veteran Member

datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 09 June 2005 at 3:18am | IP Logged
gotta be war.

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 09 June 2005 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
I think its WAR! Poverty is next, but it is just not poverty it relates to resources, like education, population growth, illetracy etc. i forgot most of my economic class lectures..but WAR is something totally in our hands..people fighting for their own ego sometimes, and crushing and killing innocents it's really shameful. Also, there is one more thing i hate is "dictatorship".

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 09 June 2005 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MysticaMagic

Dont take this the wrong way, but I dont think that the joke is meant to demean India - on the contrary, it points out that even Detroit ( in a "developed" country like USA) has poverty, violence, drug-trafficking, etc...

I see the cartoon as a mockery of the stereotypes some Developed countries display when it comes to India and other developing countries. These countries do mock India, but they also face the same social evils - a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I assume that this joke was posted to show that all of these issues are equally bad and that no country is immune to them.

Changing tracks, In my opinion, WAR is the worst issue as it brings violence, pain, suffering, disease and does not help anyone in the end.

I agree MysticaMagic. You do have a good point.

Now to the poll- I think poverty is developing country's worst enemy.

ivan

ivan

Posted: 10 June 2005 at 8:01pm | IP Logged

AzN CuTiE wrote:
HU KNOWS BOUT CANNIBLES???? ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dead

does cannabilism (humans eating  humans)still exist?

Edited by ivan - 10 June 2005 at 8:02pm

|iami5o4|

Goldie

|iami5o4|

Posted: 12 June 2005 at 5:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by peaches

Originally posted by lakshmi_maruthi

Originally posted by mastii

Originally posted by lakshmi_maruthi

hello,

Sorry, but I find the above cartoon very offending and not funny at all.

Let's not bring India into picture. Every country whether developed/ developing or under developed, has its share of these problems. So, why point out India. We should be proud to be Indian. It has a vast culture which not many countries can boast of and a diversity which no country can even think of having. It has a vast hardworking population which is helping it make its mark in all fields.  

So, please, let's not discuss which country has these problems. Let's concentrate on which problem is bad as the title suggests. thanks

lakshmi maruthi will u ever let us have some fun...it's just a joke!

Oh really!!! Ooops sorry... how come I didn't read it that way.. silly me.. thanks for pointing out

Lakshmi I'm with you on this one.

Joke....I don't see what's so funny about it.

I think the person responsible for creating the animation had not right to use India as his target to bring across his or her "funny joke"...if that's what it was.

Tasteless if you ask me.Dead

Approve .... LOL

ahhh... sorry I was bored and thought a joke would lighten up the mood but sorry to say I was mistakenly wrong. Stern Smile

But thanks MysticaMagic for clearing up what the comic was meant to say. Thumbs Up

AASHISH_IN

Goldie

AASHISH_IN

Posted: 12 June 2005 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
crime n poverty!Ouch

sugargirl555

sugargirl555

Posted: 14 June 2005 at 8:57am | IP Logged

Regarding the question asked, I would have to say that poverty is the main issue that is stopping India from further developement. War against india cannot be stopped by the people of India, it has to be stopped by the people who are against India. Therefore it is not an issue that needs to be dealt with currently. Poverty on the other hand is rising very fast, and this is partially to do with Wars that are inflicted upon India. As said before, you cannot deal with war yet. War is not the major factor when it comes to poverty. I think that the first thing that needs to be improved is the educating system. There should be more government schools placed around India. Only then will the children be educated and know what to do with their lives in the near future. If a vast majority of kids are educated, then in the future, it will eliminate poverty.

Just my thoughts :) feel free to argue with me if you wish! i love arguing.. debate baby.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top