Page 3 Page 4

lakshmi_maruthi

Goldie

lakshmi_maruthi

Posted: 03 June 2005 at 11:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mastii

Originally posted by lakshmi_maruthi

hello,

Sorry, but I find the above cartoon very offending and not funny at all.

Let's not bring India into picture. Every country whether developed/ developing or under developed, has its share of these problems. So, why point out India. We should be proud to be Indian. It has a vast culture which not many countries can boast of and a diversity which no country can even think of having. It has a vast hardworking population which is helping it make its mark in all fields.  

So, please, let's not discuss which country has these problems. Let's concentrate on which problem is bad as the title suggests. thanks

lakshmi maruthi will u ever let us have some fun...it's just a joke!

Oh really!!! Ooops sorry... how come I didn't read it that way.. silly me.. thanks for pointing out

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "worst issue (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

peaches

Goldie

peaches

Posted: 03 June 2005 at 12:00pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mastii

hello,

Sorry, but I find the above cartoon very offending and not funny at all.

Let's not bring India into picture. Every country whether developed/ developing or under developed, has its share of these problems. So, why point out India. We should be proud to be Indian. It has a vast culture which not many countries can boast of and a diversity which no country can even think of having. It has a vast hardworking population which is helping it make its mark in all fields.  

So, please, let's not discuss which country has these problems. Let's concentrate on which problem is bad as the title suggests. thanks

lakshmi maruthi will u ever let us have some fun...it's just a joke!

Oh really!!! Ooops sorry... how come I didn't read it that way.. silly me.. thanks for pointing out

Lakshmi I'm with you on this one.

Joke....I don't see what's so funny about it.

I think the person responsible for creating the animation had not right to use India as his target to bring across his or her "funny joke"...if that's what it was.

Tasteless if you ask me.Dead

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 03 June 2005 at 1:54pm | IP Logged

Dont take this the wrong way, but I dont think that the joke is meant to demean India - on the contrary, it points out that even Detroit ( in a "developed" country like USA) has poverty, violence, drug-trafficking, etc...

I see the cartoon as a mockery of the stereotypes some Developed countries display when it comes to India and other developing countries. These countries do mock India, but they also face the same social evils - a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I assume that this joke was posted to show that all of these issues are equally bad and that no country is immune to them.

Changing tracks, In my opinion, WAR is the worst issue as it brings violence, pain, suffering, disease and does not help anyone in the end.

pj04

IF-Veteran Member

pj04

Posted: 03 June 2005 at 4:02pm | IP Logged
all these issues are important.....however war(since we have nuclear capabities now) is the one that bears most attention. many other issues listed here are the side affects of war.

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 04 June 2005 at 3:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MysticaMagic

Dont take this the wrong way, but I dont think that the joke is meant to demean India - on the contrary, it points out that even Detroit ( in a "developed" country like USA) has poverty, violence, drug-trafficking, etc...

I see the cartoon as a mockery of the stereotypes some Developed countries display when it comes to India and other developing countries. These countries do mock India, but they also face the same social evils - a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I assume that this joke was posted to show that all of these issues are equally bad and that no country is immune to them.

Changing tracks, In my opinion, WAR is the worst issue as it brings violence, pain, suffering, disease and does not help anyone in the end.

Mysty, you do have a point. I do think we need to take any joke in right spirits.

However, it's also true that using India in such kind of jokes to bring across the issues of poverty ad corruption is indeed increasing. The funny thing is, no one but us sees India in that light.

I recently had an American lady friend ask me if we had cars in India and if we had flights in there...... it seems another Indian friend had given her the picture that whole of India is backward and rides bullock carts.......

I told her in a jocular manner that what she heard was true and that we had to swim for seven days to get to a place where they had these huge machines called aeroplanes..... I was angry but tried to make light of it. Thankfully she caught my joke and did not mind....

I don't blame her. That was the picture she was give. I told her in detail how beautiful most of that wonderful country is.....And yes, I too am tired of these stereotypical jokes.

This is not to offend anyone but I guess staying away from ones' country does bring out the protective fervour Tongue

As for the issues, I think war is the worst of all crimes. If you don't have war, most of the other issues can be take care of efficiently !!

AzN CuTiE

Groupbie

AzN CuTiE

Posted: 04 June 2005 at 11:01am | IP Logged
i think it is poverty!Tongue

*Meg_d*

IF-Veteran Member

*Meg_d*

Posted: 04 June 2005 at 11:50am | IP Logged
Hmm well living in London its very unfair for me to comment on any other country india or other. So here the worsest issue i think its crime, everyday people get robbed, teenage pregnancy's happen well before the teenagers even realise who they are before finding an identity for themselves they have to raise a child and make an identity for them which is unfair and half of it is the teenagers faults so i wouldnt call anyone guilty but them. I personally think the other issue is rapes, which happen all the time, murders everything is a miserable part of everyday life, people are so cruel that they dont even think about the particular persons parents family and freinds, we grow up a child until its 17 or more and then come to know that child who we loved more then dearly has been murdered by a man or woman how would it feel? I wish the people who do these crimes realise all this but i gusse NOT POSSIBLE the only way to cut crime is if the police jails them all! but then again no justice is done to anyone as they are jailed but what about the poor people who died because of these cruel minded criminals!!Angry

AzN CuTiE

Groupbie

AzN CuTiE

Posted: 05 June 2005 at 9:30am | IP Logged
HU KNOWS BOUT CANNIBLES???? ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dead

Post Reply New Post

Go to top