Posted: 18 years ago
 HERE IN INDIA ITS CRIME & POVERTY
|iami5o4| thumbnail

this is all I can say about this ...

lakshmi_maruthi thumbnail

hello,

Sorry, but I find the above cartoon very offending and not funny at all.

Let's not bring India into picture. Every country whether developed/ developing or under developed, has its share of these problems. So, why point out India. We should be proud to be Indian. It has a vast culture which not many countries can boast of and a diversity which no country can even think of having. It has a vast hardworking population which is helping it make its mark in all fields.  

So, please, let's not discuss which country has these problems. Let's concentrate on which problem is bad as the title suggests. thanks

charu_81 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I think it is crime and war
mastii thumbnail
Originally posted by: lakshmi_maruthi

hello,

Sorry, but I find the above cartoon very offending and not funny at all.

Let's not bring India into picture. Every country whether developed/ developing or under developed, has its share of these problems. So, why point out India. We should be proud to be Indian. It has a vast culture which not many countries can boast of and a diversity which no country can even think of having. It has a vast hardworking population which is helping it make its mark in all fields.  

So, please, let's not discuss which country has these problems. Let's concentrate on which problem is bad as the title suggests. thanks

lakshmi maruthi will u ever let us have some fun...it's just a joke!

lakshmi_maruthi thumbnail
Originally posted by: mastii

lakshmi maruthi will u ever let us have some fun...it's just a joke!

Oh really!!! Ooops sorry... how come I didn't read it that way.. silly me.. thanks for pointing out

peaches thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: lakshmi_maruthi

Oh really!!! Ooops sorry... how come I didn't read it that way.. silly me.. thanks for pointing out

Lakshmi I'm with you on this one.

Joke....I don't see what's so funny about it.

I think the person responsible for creating the animation had not right to use India as his target to bring across his or her "funny joke"...if that's what it was.

Tasteless if you ask me.🤢

Morgoth thumbnail

Dont take this the wrong way, but I dont think that the joke is meant to demean India - on the contrary, it points out that even Detroit ( in a "developed" country like USA) has poverty, violence, drug-trafficking, etc...

I see the cartoon as a mockery of the stereotypes some Developed countries display when it comes to India and other developing countries. These countries do mock India, but they also face the same social evils - a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I assume that this joke was posted to show that all of these issues are equally bad and that no country is immune to them.

Changing tracks, In my opinion, WAR is the worst issue as it brings violence, pain, suffering, disease and does not help anyone in the end.

pj04 thumbnail
all these issues are important.....however war(since we have nuclear capabities now) is the one that bears most attention. many other issues listed here are the side affects of war.