Vani Rani

DOTM: Money

Shathirlala thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Let's spam people or rather discuss 😉 
I have 12 topics for this year which I find quite interesting and hopefully you guys find it worthwhile too... 😃 They're very broad and general so everyone is bound to have an opinion or two about them. Two opposites will spark up the forum so it will be nice if we have that sometime im the future. We have very strong people in this forum who I hope are very prepared to participate here. 😉  But to everyone reading this, please do write your opinions... 😳

And this month's topic is...
MONEY
It's very vague and broad so you can disscuss literally about anything to do wit money...
Is money the only factor that measures success???
We are seeing Swami trying to come up in life by earning money and wanting to be rich (I have to link in to VR 😆).
Absolute Povery???
Equality???
Edited by ThangamPlus - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pallanguzhi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Nalla topic Shathir! 👍🏼

Hmmm...will come back here to post... while I go into thinking mode. 😊

Meanwhile on a related note,

One of my favourite movies is an old Tamil one called "Bama Vijayam" directed by K. Balachander and starring Sowcar Janaki, Muthuraman, Nagesh, S.N. Lakshmi and many others. It is a very funny movie which at the same time reinforces that money is not everything.

In fact the father-in-law in the movie resorts to a very drastic measure to teach a lesson to his three his daughters-in-law (who spend a lot of money to be friendly with their neighbour who is very famous in the cinema world (but she is actually down-to-earth).

There is a particular song called Varavu Ettana which containes excellent verses about the importance of not overspending.

Do go and watch the movie if you can everyone, it's a great one! 😃
Karthikka thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I love that movie, Ravi.😃
Money is not measure of success. It could be, but it is not. Both Swamy and Sara think that people will only respect them if they are rich. That is not true. People will respect you if you are highly educated. Money is temporary.

It is education that is a mark of success.
SriKamesh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yes Karthi..Education is most important..The other way round also, your attitude should be good..Bad attitude, being ingrate, all this will lead to downfall..Money comes and goes..Infact in Tamil we have a saying

"Selvom..Selvom..and thats why it was named as Selvam"..
Shathirlala thumbnail
The movie's plot line sounds interesting. 😃 I'll try watching it, old movies and me don't get on really well. Sometimes the story of a certain movie (old) seems really interesting in written form but I have never gotten myself to watch a proper old movie fully. 😆
Shathirlala thumbnail
Ok, so we agree that education is a bigger factor of success than money...
then what about those who haven't the opportunity to be gifted with education?
I've been taught (don't know to how many people it actually applies) but those who are in absolute poverty stuggle to be in full-time education especially women? Surely that won't happen if they have more 'money.' So in reality (I think this only applies to the deveoping countries) money is needed for education?
Shathirlala thumbnail
Happy that there are some responses 😃
Pallanguzhi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Shathir, the movie's on YouTube so you can watch it there.😊 You'll love it - guaranteed! 😆

And glad you liked the movie Karthi 😃

Kames - Wow, 👏 didn't know about the pazhamozhi...agree with your point there 👍🏼

Shathirlala thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Pallanguzhi

Shathir, the movie's on YouTube so you can watch it there.😊 You'll love it - guaranteed! 😆

Searching in YouTube was the first thing I did 😆
If I have time, I'll watch it this Sunday 😃