Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Shathirlala

Coolbie

Shathirlala

Posted: 15 January 2014 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
Let's spam people or rather discuss Wink 
I have 12 topics for this year which I find quite interesting and hopefully you guys find it worthwhile too... Big smile They're very broad and general so everyone is bound to have an opinion or two about them. Two opposites will spark up the forum so it will be nice if we have that sometime im the future. We have very strong people in this forum who I hope are very prepared to participate here. Wink  But to everyone reading this, please do write your opinions... Embarrassed

And this month's topic is...
MONEY
It's very vague and broad so you can disscuss literally about anything to do wit money...
Is money the only factor that measures success???
We are seeing Swami trying to come up in life by earning money and wanting to be rich (I have to link in to VR LOL).
Absolute Povery???
Equality???

Edited by ThangamPlus - 16 January 2014 at 3:52pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Pallanguzhi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTM: Money" in Vani Rani forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Pallanguzhi

Pallanguzhi

Posted: 27 January 2014 at 12:20am | IP Logged

Nalla topic Shathir! Thumbs Up

Hmmm...will come back here to post... while I go into thinking mode. Smile

Meanwhile on a related note,

One of my favourite movies is an old Tamil one called "Bama Vijayam" directed by K. Balachander and starring Sowcar Janaki, Muthuraman, Nagesh, S.N. Lakshmi and many others. It is a very funny movie which at the same time reinforces that money is not everything.

In fact the father-in-law in the movie resorts to a very drastic measure to teach a lesson to his three his daughters-in-law (who spend a lot of money to be friendly with their neighbour who is very famous in the cinema world (but she is actually down-to-earth).

There is a particular song called Varavu Ettana which containes excellent verses about the importance of not overspending.

Do go and watch the movie if you can everyone, it's a great one! Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ShathirlalaKarthikka

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 27 January 2014 at 7:35am | IP Logged
I love that movie, Ravi.Big smile
Money is not measure of success. It could be, but it is not. Both Swamy and Sara think that people will only respect them if they are rich. That is not true. People will respect you if you are highly educated. Money is temporary.

It is education that is a mark of success.

PallanguzhiShathirlala

SriKamesh

Coolbie

SriKamesh

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 4:33am | IP Logged
Yes Karthi..Education is most important..The other way round also, your attitude should be good..Bad attitude, being ingrate, all this will lead to downfall..Money comes and goes..Infact in Tamil we have a saying

"Selvom..Selvom..and thats why it was named as Selvam"..

PallanguzhiShathirlala

Shathirlala

Coolbie

Shathirlala

Posted: 30 January 2014 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
The movie's plot line sounds interesting. Big smile I'll try watching it, old movies and me don't get on really well. Sometimes the story of a certain movie (old) seems really interesting in written form but I have never gotten myself to watch a proper old movie fully. LOL

Pallanguzhi

Shathirlala

Coolbie

Shathirlala

Posted: 30 January 2014 at 3:53pm | IP Logged
Ok, so we agree that education is a bigger factor of success than money...
then what about those who haven't the opportunity to be gifted with education?
I've been taught (don't know to how many people it actually applies) but those who are in absolute poverty stuggle to be in full-time education especially women? Surely that won't happen if they have more 'money.' So in reality (I think this only applies to the deveoping countries) money is needed for education?

Pallanguzhi

Shathirlala

Coolbie

Shathirlala

Posted: 30 January 2014 at 3:54pm | IP Logged
Happy that there are some responses Big smile

Pallanguzhi

Pallanguzhi

Pallanguzhi

Posted: 30 January 2014 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
Shathir, the movie's on YouTube so you can watch it there.Smile You'll love it - guaranteed! LOL

And glad you liked the movie Karthi Big smile

Kames - Wow, Clap didn't know about the pazhamozhi...agree with your point there Thumbs Up

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.