"Seetamma" is no more!!! :'(

sayeed007 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Anjali Devi passes away today...๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ we are gonna miss her... Her soul rests in peace...๐Ÿ˜ญ
Check news

Telugu actress Anjali Devi dies at 85

Press Trust of India | January 13, 2014 19:11 IST (Hyderabad)
inShare
Print 
Telugu actress Anjali Devi dies at 85
Anjali Devi acted in about 500 films
Veteran Telugu actress Anjali Devi, a contemporary of legendary N T Rama Rao and Akkineni Nageswara Rao who acted in about 500 films, died in Chennai after a cardiac arrest.

She was 85. 

Ms Devi was admitted to a private hospital in Chennai after she had complained of breathing difficulties on January 11. 

In a career spanning more than six decades, Devi acted in Telugu, Hindi, Tamil and Kannada movies. 

Ms Devi, who acted in a number of films starring late N T Rama Rao and Akkineni Nageswara Rao, immortalised the mythological role of Sita in the movie Lavakusa.

She made a mark for herself in essaying mythological characters like Savitri and Sakkubai. 

Married to noted film music director Adinarayana Rao, who passed away earlier, the couple also produced several movies. 

Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, Telugu Desam Party (TDP) Chief N Chandrababu Naidu and YSR Congress president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy condoled Devi's death. 

Recalling her performance in movies like LavakusaBhakta Prahlada and Bhakta Tukaram, Reddy said Devi was a household name in Andhra Pradesh. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Nightingale- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
RIP...Anjali Devi one of the best actresses 
debaleena_tunai thumbnail
May her soul rest in eternal peace... 
zeenathsheikh8 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Anjali Devi was one of the most wonderful actresses of her times, May her soul rest in peace.
pluviophile. thumbnail
May her soul rest in peace..
-Ramya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Oh my god. Such a shocking news. Veteran actress and one of the finest actor.. RIP
Zoya2 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
May her soul rest in Peace
Mani-RK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Oh No Thats really sad news๐Ÿ˜”
Sunday i was watching Bakta prahlada and i was telling my friend how beautiful she looks and today this happened
May her soul rest in peace
Lava kusa is my fav movie of anjali Devi No one can play better "Seetamma Talli" better Than Anjali Mam๐Ÿ‘
deejagi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Let her soul rest in peace
sujana9 thumbnail
May her soul rest in Peace