Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RapChick101 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Abhimanyu's Death.
He didn't deserve to die. The great warrior that he was, he fought till his last breath. He had it in him to take a toll on Duryodhan and Dushasan. Only if Krishna hadn't dragged Arjun away from Subhadra at the time when he was giving details about the chakravyuh. x|
Subhadra and Arjun lost their son, their blood. And Paanchali, lost someone she thought of as her son. x(
It would have been better had Krishna let Abhimanyu gain the knowledge of breaking out of the chakravyuh.

Also, the way Karn was treated. He shouldn't have supported Duryodhan, BUT there was absolutely NO ONE to support him, and thus when Duryodhan did, for Karn he became a "friend" and to return that favour he always stood by Duryodhan no matter what. x)
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Death of Abhimanyu. For me it is the most painful part of MB more painful than VH. Reason though VH was painful Paanchali was saved by krishna, I mean it had a happy ending. But in the case of Abhimanyu the way he died had always haunted me from the days I read it in Amar Chitra katha. Old MB as a young girl I completely avoided watching it as I didnt had it in me to see through the cruelty of his death.
And yesterday when I watched MB again the thought of his death pulled my heart strings especially seeing the young Uttara.
Just a marriage of 4 months and the young girl's life ended as in those days widows had a confined existence.
Abhi was too young far too young to die that painful death.

But then only his death could jolt the Pandavas to the core to break their definition of dharma and come out of slumber.
Abhi's death is the realization that dharma in text books cannot win against adharma. Adharma can be won only by using adharma.
So for the victory of dharma over adharma , adharma has to be used. That is the whole point of Abhi's death.

It needed the death of a young man and the widow hood of even a younger bride for waking up Yudhi and co on how to deal with kauravas and their plotting.
It wouldnt have happened if they were able to stand up to adharma during the dice game.

Even today the lesson of MB is prominent. Dont do adharm yourself. But if someone is using adharm against you simply dont tolerate it in the name of dharma. Raise your voice at the appropriate point or give back the person in the same coin. Else anyways you will be forced to do the same by even more bigger crime staring at you.

abhira thumbnail
For me draupadi marriage, she can marry arjun only
RoseWine thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Lovely Debatable Question! For me it would have been Kunti's decision to float off Infant Karna in a basket in the river without consulting anyone! In my opinion had she gone to maybe a rishi's ashram and asked for help in raising him, maybe circumstances would have been different. Karna would not have been deprived so much of everything he wanted based on caste and the love of his brothers. At least he would have a chance...
I also feel strongly about Bhishma's oath, had he not taken it and married none of this would have happened in the first place! He would not have been cursed by Amba  and the following chapters of what happened would not have occurred!

Edited by RoseWine - 9 years ago
yogini18 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
if kunti had not abandoned karna or accepted him on right time ...
iturkhahs thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Nice Topic.
I would like to change the fact polygamy &  polyandry existed. So no man can have more then one wife and no women can marry more then one husband
mahabharatfan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
for me two things abhimanyu vadh and draupadi vastraharan... draupadi was a woman who made history she was an epic like she was a super woman and there are no words to describe how brave she was and  how patient she was..because if it was any other woman after being insulted so much would wanna kill herself she married five pandavas for their sake to avoid their vanvas but then she had to pay a heavy price i mean she is a woman she was actually and a person like her never deserved such insult and lifelong pain...and then abhimanyu vadh it was the most painful thing in the entire mahabharat i guess cos it was so brutal even in starbharat everything was perfectly shown and like it made me cry bitterly...at a young age he was killed that too brutally..wt was his mistake none he had no hand in whatever happened between the kauravas and pandavas yet he lost his life even before he could spend a year with his wife and the unborn son whom he did not even see... i sympathize with uttara too wish these two incidents had not happened in mahabharat cos its too heartbreaking..paras and pooja did wonderful justice to the roles they were perfect so high applause for them and love them...missing the show badly..
anjoriii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
i wish king shantanu would not have made his son take a pledge of not marrying... none of this would have happened... 
glamarousgemini thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
For me, it would have to be sharing of druapadi. Mahabharat has a reason for it but sharing of draupadi pierces me. I wish she had gotten her deepest wish to be Arjun's wife.
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: glamarousgemini

For me, it would have to be sharing of druapadi. Mahabharat has a reason for it but sharing of draupadi pierces me. I wish she had gotten her deepest wish to be Arjun's wife.

I too feel exactly the same...
Her sharing indirectly led her to her Vastraharan...
If she had been only Arjun's wife...maybe she would not have become the heroine but she would have led a better life...Edited by amritat - 9 years ago