Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

artifacts thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
In my opinion
why should one get upset if Jethalal pays Sunder's bills? After all, he is family. Why not?Just because he is his wife's brother? What if he was his own brother ? Aren't there black sheep in every family? I fully agree with Babuji that Daya is doing so much for their family, then why not Jethalal do something for her family? In marriage it is give and take. Not just take, take, take.

And then Jethalal is not doodh ka dhoola hua. He is a vyapari and knows how to do business. What goes around comes around ! It's your karma ! 

artifacts thumbnail

Originally posted by: princessglory

sorry but my view is something different if jethalal openly flirting with married lady babitha  and that is taken as a fun then we can take this sunder episode as funny only

Agreed 100 % ! 

If ghisa pita jokes like nagging wife. flirting with neighbour's attractive(can't use other words) wife are considered fun , then this is equally funny. Old concepts of jokes, but still I will take it.

nikkitta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Amit.Ghangas

Do u think jetha should spend his life in the fear of Sunderlal in his own house.

It is not about fear. There is much difference between Fear and AVOID.
nikkitta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: devica

In my opinion

why should one get upset if Jethalal pays Sunder's bills? After all, he is family. Why not?Just because he is his wife's brother? What if he was his own brother ? Aren't there black sheep in every family? I fully agree with Babuji that Daya is doing so much for their family, then why not Jethalal do something for her family? In marriage it is give and take. Not just take, take, take.

And then Jethalal is not doodh ka dhoola hua. He is a vyapari and knows how to do business. What goes around comes around ! It's your karma ! 

I agree with you that Daya is doing so much for thier family. Inturn jetha should do the much for daya and daya's family. There is no problem in this. But is it acceptable in any family that a guy like sundar who is capable of doing much better things in life than what he is doing now, should trap his brother in law for money everytime. Help should be given to that person who is determined to do good in life. There is a lot of difference in how sundar is taking money from jetha. Is he requesting jetha lal for money or is he playing his tricks to trap jethalal? Can you name a single episode where daya scolded for sundar's wrong doings? Isn't this daya's responsible in making sundar realize about this wrong doings? She always supported sundar whatever he did.   I do not like this bonding between daya and sundar. Either daya should make sundar realize about what he is doing or Sundar should relaize himself how others are suffering because of his gimmicks.
jack4156 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nikkitta

I agree with you that Daya is doing so much for thier family. Inturn jetha should do the much for daya and daya's family. There is no problem in this. But is it acceptable in any family that a guy like sundar who is capable of doing much better things in life than what he is doing now, should trap his brother in law for money everytime. Help should be given to that person who is determined to do good in life. There is a lot of difference in how sundar is taking money from jetha. Is he requesting jetha lal for money or is he playing his tricks to trap jethalal? Can you name a single episode where daya scolded for sundar's wrong doings? Isn't this daya's responsible in making sundar realize about this wrong doings? She always supported sundar whatever he did.   I do not like this bonding between daya and sundar. Either daya should make sundar realize about what he is doing or Sundar should relaize himself how others are suffering because of his gimmicks.

Totally agreed with you @nikkita 👏 Both Daya and Jetha do their work equally.  Its not good to say that Jethalal do more than Daya but because of Sundar, Jethalal holds much more burden than Daya does and I don't think that Daya holds any burden.

and @devica, if Sundar was Jetha's own brother then simply he wouldn't give money to him all the time like this, Jetha would only help him if he tries to do something good in his life and he wouldn't cheat or play tricks to get money from Jethalal.
And Jethalal really do much for the family not to explain. I just don't like when Sundar play tricks to get money from Jethalal, at least he should give credits to Jethalal. Anyway, its a show and all this makes it funny and enjoyable.

Edited by jack4156 - 10 years ago
artifacts thumbnail

Originally posted by: nikkitta

I appreciate your reply. It is always nice to discuss serial related topics with you. 

Now I completely accept that Sunder plays his tricks and traps Jethalal. The fact that Sunder is ' pahuncha hua' is a well known fact for us viewers. We as viewers  have seen how he is always making Jethalal pay his bills. And that's not done, I agree with you here.

The writers created Sunder-Jetha track to create laughs but Let us leave the fun part of the show and think of this as a real life situation.
Is Daya aware of what Sunder does ? No, she thinks too highly of him and so do other ladies in GS too. Because in the end Sunder appears good to them. In real life also all con people appear too good to be true and are smooth operators and their relatives also many times fall for all their sweet talks.
Now coming to Jethalal, have you wondered why Jethalal allows Sunder to do all this to him? Jethalal is not shy, timid person. He is blunt sometimes rude not only with his business colleagues but even with society people. It is also not fear  of talking the truth as Jethalal can not scared of Sunder. Why should he? He is rich, successful businessman on his own merits. Then what stops him from revealing the truth to Daya and Babuji ? He can tell it once and for all get rid of sunder. If only real life was that simple !

I don't know about writers but I can analyze it from my perspective. If he tells Daya the truth about Sunder and stops helping him, Daya will be shattered. I have no doubt as a dutiful wife she will support Jetha. But Daya is basically a character who believes in goodness of every human beings. She sees only positives in people. She can be called crazy, dumb but that is what she is. We have no control over how others should feel for their loved ones. Daya has special unconditional love for her brother and that can not be changed however much we may not like it.  And to give credit to Sunder, he also loves her a lot and can not hurt her or jijaji beyond certain limits.
If truth is known Daya might tell Sunder to get lost and rectify himself. She may not talk to him too. But people like Sunder are very difficult to change. They go back to their old ways. So Daya can never get back  her brother in life. I feel this can make her loose her basic personality of having faith in others and  I think Jetha knows this and loves her despite her craziness even if she and Sunder bug him so much. She is a unique piece. Maybe Jethalal just does not want to hurt her so badly that she can never be the same Daya again.
I also want to say that some brother sister relations can be so tricky situations. With your husband, you can fight even though you know your sibling is not right but then you have so much love for them that you overlook these things. 
This is a long Post ! And again these are my opinions. Healthy discussion is welcome. 

Edited by devica - 10 years ago
artifacts thumbnail

Originally posted by: jack4156

Totally agreed with you @nikkita 👏 Both Daya and Jetha do their work equally.  Its not good to say that Jethalal do more than Daya but because of Sundar, Jethalal holds much more burden than Daya does and I don't think that Daya holds any burden.

and @devica, if Sundar was Jetha's own brother then simply he wouldn't give money to him all the time like this, Jetha would only help him if he tries to do something good in his life and he wouldn't cheat or play tricks to get money from Jethalal.
And Jethalal really do much for the family not to explain. I just don't like when Sundar play tricks to get money from Jethalal, at least he should give credits to Jethalal. Anyway, its a show and all this makes it funny and enjoyable.

@blue I really don't understand what you mean by burden? Can you explain
@red  Really?? How can you be so sure of that? What if the brother smooth talked Babuji into his ways and Babuji ordered Jethalal to give him money? Can Jetha refuse Babuji? Haven't we seen how many times Babuji fired Jetahlal over Tappu even though he was being naughty and was wrong many times. Or is it that it is OK because Tapu is his son and Sunder is biwi ka bhai, so that's not done.

artifacts thumbnail
@Amit
By the way Since you created this thread I wanted to ask you, are you looking for funny, witty answers or real solutions to the issue ?

soaplovers thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
In real world, no sala would take money like sundar does from his Jija. I personally have brothers so I know how it works.
Anyway i feel bad for jetha but its a comedy show.. Jetha lal in musibath brings laughter so lets enjoy. Daya is too bholi i think to see what her veera does. 

I am surprised of bapuji, may be he doesn't want to hurt daya by sayiing something to her brother.

Amit.Ghangas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Jetha Lal is a businessman, he is doing his business with honestly and tax payer. he has no black money, he is earning money by hardworking.why he spent money on Sunder? In chaddi gang track daya gave a lot of speech to Rana, why she isn't using same principles at Sunder, why she always force Jetha to pay the expenses of Sunder.Why she doesn't teach Sunder to live with self respect.Why she always motivate & defend Sunder in his every deed without knowing right or wrong like in Jewellery(Society renovation track)

Sunder Lal is young person not a child, he can earn money and bear the expenses of his mom & himself.Why is wasting the money of his brother in law as like hire the taxi instead of train or bus.I noticed in a lot of episodes Sunder come at Gokuldham society at morning and go at night in flight which fare has been paid by Jetha, why he everytime try to loot Jetha, Is Jetha Lal is earning his hard earned money for Sunder.

Why Jetha & Daya shouldn't spent money on Sunder?
firstly Sunder isn't a child, handicap and a student which can't earn money for his expenses.secondly they are spoiling the habit of Sunder, they shouldn't give money or pay to Sunder everytime.thirdly he is not doing any business where he need of money from his relatives.They should help Sunder only in some situation like in business work, in disease if he need, shouldn't pay his nonsense expenses at everytime.Sunder Lal is not doing even a job. "Jab bi moka milta h jija ko chuna lagane ki koshish karta hai Panoti"

Solution:-
In my opinion
Plan A Jetha should talk to Daya & Bapuji directly and try to convince to bring Sunder on right way.
Plan B If plan A doesn't work then he should try to teach a lesson to Sunder with the help of Taarak Mehta & Natu Kaka.