Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

20th Screen Awards Nominations 2014 (Page 13)

2RsFan IF-Stunnerz
2RsFan
2RsFan

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 10:22am | IP Logged
Okay i can understand that lootera was a flop and Sonakshi overshadowed ranveer in the movie but what abt Ram-leela ?? It got nomination in every freaking category except best actor Confused

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

chimchimcher-eeSharif.Badmaash

Piyatrix IF-Sizzlerz
Piyatrix
Piyatrix

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 10:24am | IP Logged
the list is so long, I lost interest midway.

people wondering why SRK is nominated for CE, well he's hosting the event, so common sense

haven't watched RamLeela so can't comment on Ranveer's performance, but in Lootera I feel Sonakshi had a stronger & more layered role, also her performance stood out more then RS, so she deserves the nomination more then RS.
On a light note Aamir doesn't believe in this award shows so why nominate him and waste one nomination better nominate RS.

Lootera's music is way better then the ones nominated, thats really disappointing ...

I hope Kalki wins the best sup actress for YJHD, she was so damn good, also it would have been wonderful to see Farooque Sheikh's name in the sup actor category , he was brilliant in that 15 min role.

Wish to see Sushant winning the best debut, totally deserves it , the weird thing is just saw Zoom where its reported Sushant lost to Manish in best debut category in Lions Gold awards cos He couldn't turn up for the event Stern Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Tani91ViccoTurmericchimchimcher-ee

Targaryen IF-Sizzlerz
Targaryen
Targaryen

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 10:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lompatmape

Originally posted by zarak65

If u watch ramleela u will notice ranveer had more screen time than deepika and that his performance was more powerful, he was every bit the leading man in that movie and u wouldn't even think he is 4 films old. He was featured in the actors Round table, on anupamas actors dialogue show and featured in every list for top performer of the year for both ramleela and lootera, so it makes absolutely no sense why he was not nominated.
If we are talking bout actors carrying a movie on their own then why was hrithik not nominated and srk and ranbir are?

I didn't say that Ranveer had same screen time with Deepika. the point is Ranveer shared screen time with Deepika but the hype around Deepika was much more than around Ranveer because she's a much bigger name than him.

With other actors, no one stole a thunder from them. Sonam and Nimrat didn't steal Irrfan and Dhanush thunders. Farhan and Rajkummar carried their movie on their own shoulders.  and IMO Rajkummar, Dhanush and Farhan performances were more powerful than Ranveer in Ramleela, atleast for me. Agree to disagree...

Ranbir and SRK are different case from Ranveer. They're already a huge star and their name were tagged because of promotion factor not because of their performance. I bet that they're not going to win anyway... Ranveer's competitions are Dhanush, Irrfan, Rajkumar and Farhan, not those big names.. 

Honestly Ranveer was the better actor in Ramleela and no one stole his thunder, definitely not Deepika. I thought the jury was fair enough to ignore the hype and notice the talent but no they nominate the big stars who deserve the award the least.  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SinistarPain

ViccoTurmeric IF-Sizzlerz
ViccoTurmeric
ViccoTurmeric

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 10:32am | IP Logged
And I thought Screen were one of most credible awards besides FF!

Can't believe they didn't nominate Lootera in most of categories and snapped Special 26 completely!

Like I can't believe they feeling snapped Ranveer compeltely! Neither for Lootera nor for RL! f**kING SHIT!
Didn't even nominate Amit Trivedi and non of Lootera songs in music category... They didn't even nominate Special 26 in any on award categories!

Very Disappointed! I hope at least winners are credible!

Pzzz... Good to see Rajkumar Rao being nominated and Chritnganda also but Ranveer being snubbed is on of most W*F things ever!

Pzzz... Hrithik being avoided is explainable but nominating SRK in place of him is BULLSHIT!

TargaryenSharif.Badmaash

ViccoTurmeric IF-Sizzlerz
ViccoTurmeric
ViccoTurmeric

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Just saw that sponsors for award function have changed for COLOURS TO LIFE OK!

They must have taken this root of biased nominations to get more state presence and TRP!

Winners should be good hope so :/

lompatmapeTargaryen

lompatmape Senior Member
lompatmape
lompatmape

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 10:35am | IP Logged

Originally posted by lompatmape

If u watch ramleela u will notice ranveer had more screen time than deepika and that his performance was more powerful, he was every bit the leading man in that movie and u wouldn't even think he is 4 films old. He was featured in the actors Round table, on anupamas actors dialogue show and featured in every list for top performer of the year for both ramleela and lootera, so it makes absolutely no sense why he was not nominated.
If we are talking bout actors carrying a movie on their own then why was hrithik not nominated and srk and ranbir are?

I didn't say that Ranveer had same screen time with Deepika. the point is Ranveer shared screen time with Deepika but the hype around Deepika was much more than around Ranveer because she's a much bigger name than him.

With other actors, no one stole a thunder from them. Sonam and Nimrat didn't steal Irrfan and Dhanush thunders. Farhan and Rajkummar carried their movie on their own shoulders.  and IMO Rajkummar, Dhanush and Farhan performances were more powerful than Ranveer in Ramleela, atleast for me. Agree to disagree...

Ranbir and SRK are different case from Ranveer. They're already a huge star and their name were tagged because of promotion factor not because of their performance. I bet that they're not going to win anyway... Ranveer's competitions are Dhanush, Irrfan, Rajkumar and Farhan, not those big names.. 

so ranveer didn't get nominated bcuz he is not as big of a star? the bottom line is ranveer deserved to get nominated and many agree

I do think he deserves to get nominated too especially with Lootera but unfortunately nepotism and politics are highly prevalent in Bollywood. They all sure like to lick those big names, big surname big banners etc... Nothing new!  Do you think SRK deserved his nomination for JTHJ last year? Sorry for his fans but his nomination for best actor last year was so cringeworthy..
zara321 IF-Sizzlerz
zara321
zara321

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 10:35am | IP Logged
I just hope ranveer gets nominated for filmfare, I know he won't win but nominating him gives him the appreciation that he deserves for his performances.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SinistarPainViccoTurmericTargaryen

SinistarPain Goldie

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 10:37am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top