Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

More rubbish in the name of an episode! (Page 10)

skanda12 IF-Sizzlerz
skanda12
skanda12

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 4:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lashy

Just saying, the TRPs for this track are just as high as ever LOL
So...what do we make of it?

Lashy, that's just the point that Jyoti keeps making to me (in fact she has said that for past 10 years to me nearly but it somehow escapes my thick skull). It appears the typical TRP viewer is not really after "romance". They seem to prefer either the "shaadi rasams" or else things like saap, vishkanya, naagin, sandhook ke raaz etc etc.

Otherwise how  can we explain a serial like Saathiya getting TRPs?

The proportion of people  genuinely liking "romance" is negligible. Even if there's romance, the "separation track" gets TRPs and the "reconciliation track" loses TRPs. That is the truth!

But if you see any serial whenever they need TRPs they do one more shaddi of an already married couple just to be able to show all the gazillion rasams!

Confounds me!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

gincojyoti06SonaLuvZaSafsonia_1lashy

lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 4:52am | IP Logged
And the primarily romantic serials NEVER have the same TRPs... 
look at the top 5 
DABH, YRKKH, Saathiya (ok this really is a WTH moment), JA and taarak mehta

The only serial thats even promising some romance/passion in this is JA... 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gincoSonaLuvZaSaf

skanda12 IF-Sizzlerz
skanda12
skanda12

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 4:57am | IP Logged

I'll still say this..

This track did bring about something it never brought before
1) Jodha realizing her feelings
2) Jalal realizing that even if he says he hates Jodha, he never can do so...that he's trying to establish a physical relationship with other women, but he's failing to do so (so, does that make him stronger in love or weaker as a man? Debatable!Ermm)

I don't even mind the physical scenes between Benazir and Jalal - because they have proved us something - i.e. THAT JALAL IS NOT ABLE TO DO IT with anyone else when Jodha's in his mind... even that day, I think Jodha's hallucinations would have ruined his night... so, as much as he tries fighting off the fact that he doesn't need Jo to be a complete man...he's wrong!

Nevertheless, what could have been avoided to have given this track an edge over anything else 
Benazir being a spy and not a Naagin - thus chances of her being better clothed and the whole 'snake' aspect of it - licking, slithering, biting nonsense be avoided!

Jalal flirting with Benazir, but not openly humiliating Jodha

Jalal shown as carrying out other political matters while reclining on his divaan too  - and taking an interest into investigating the death of a spy etc

Jodha shown a steady knowledge into the spy affair rather than just running all over Agra grounds not achieving anything

^^^^ Just these 4 pointers would have been enough and this track would have made much more sense !Smile

Lashy, could this not have been achieved without a Benazir? Was a vishkanya track needed to achieve this? Even if it was did that track need so many weeks to prove this point?

I don't regret the track itself but the stretching of it beyond reasonable limits. In the process of stretching the characters are going for a toss. Because Jalal is forced to repeat his position on and on and on, as the "make Jodha jealous" strategy and Jodha is forced to keep on and on and on with the "his life is in danger and I am feeling for him "strategy.

There is no forward movement from that stalemated position. All I want is for a reasonable pace to the love story. I am prepared to take all the kitchen politics of Agra with it, if the story of the Jo-Ja love is moved along.  Its when the Jo-Ja love takes a back seat and all the rest of the politics crowds in to overwhelm the main story that I  am getting miffed.

Otherwise I agree with your position that Jalal has realised he cannot make out with anyone else and jodha has realised her feelings for him.

Now move on with their story while you move on with others' stories, Creatives, is what I am saying!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

gincoSonaLuvZaSaflashy

lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 4:59am | IP Logged
True, its gone on long enough!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

skanda12

skanda12 IF-Sizzlerz
skanda12
skanda12

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 5:01am | IP Logged

And the primarily romantic serials NEVER have the same TRPs... 
look at the top 5 
DABH, YRKKH, Saathiya (ok this really is a WTH moment), JA and taarak mehta

The only serial thats even promising some romance/passion in this is JA... 

Exactly! Even that if you notice the advertising says "epic love" but that's  the thing they are rationing out like its wartime! If we get a small dose of romance once in 6 weeks we should be happy! The countless millions apparently don't like romance! This actually perplexes me. Why wouldn't they want it, do you think? Because they don't have it in their lives? What could be the reason why romance is so silently shunned  although so much talked about?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

gincojyoti06SonaLuvZaSaf

ayushimehra IF-Rockerz
ayushimehra
ayushimehra

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 5:14am | IP Logged
i have a ques? if  jodha pushed jalal back day he remembers it. yesterday he pushed may be Ben or Jodha he had forgotten. how it possible. he will talk to Ben for this because maham is saying jalal you should not do that. but when he humiliate jodha in Diwanekhas that was right. king will talk to Kanniz  he should not do that because she is special (Kohinoor khitab).but he will not talk to wife because he wants to jealous her.confusion confusion.Confused

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aranuskanda12

riyya6 IF-Stunnerz
riyya6
riyya6

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 5:16am | IP Logged
I dun see any epic love story anymore... I agree with jyoti comment even actors look disinterested Ouch

skanda12

riyya6 IF-Stunnerz
riyya6
riyya6

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 5:17am | IP Logged
I still can accept Ben behenji but that Mirza hakim Angry  Oh god why all these characters in Angry

skanda12

Go to top