India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Arvind Kejriwal and AAP (Page 8)

krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 21 January 2014 at 9:28am | IP Logged
RTH and Rehan: No way am I justifying viligilante/mob justice, go back two pages and read my posts. I'm only saying that despite the blunder, their hearts seem to be in the right places and the intention was to address a nagging problem that the Police was seemingly ignoring for a long time. I still have faith on them.

Bharti-Kejri effed up majorly. But still I feel that its unfair to label them "hooligans" as far as their intentions are concerned. There were genuine constraints involved here in dealing with the drug racket in legal terms. I agree with RTH, there should've been an inquiry and also media highlight for this issue, not some juvenile Supermanism. They are overstepping their limits in populism and foolish comic-book idealism, but like I said, their hearts I believe are in the right places. That's precisely why I said that Kejri needs to wake up and stop being a screechy NGOvist before people stop taking him seriously. His baby steps of instilling the helpline and free water and electricity (albeit with riders) have already cemented his position with the public (at least in Delhi, AAP is yet to attain a strong presence in North and West India) as a viable future option for the Union seat. Now he should look at the deeper issues and take the reforms at their pace.

Edited by krystal_watz - 21 January 2014 at 9:31am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

_Angie_charminggenie

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 21 January 2014 at 11:18am | IP Logged
bjp would have got about 28% of the votes, congress 22% because of minority votes.  bjp would have got about 210 seats and congress about 135. now with aap,

bjp 25%

aap 9%

congress 16%

now bjp will get about 250 - 270 seats thanks to aap.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DiehardYMfan

DiehardYMfan IF-Rockerz
DiehardYMfan
DiehardYMfan

Posted: 21 January 2014 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mr.ass

bjp would have got about 28% of the votes, congress 22% because of minority votes.  bjp would have got about 210 seats and congress about 135. now with aap,

bjp 25%

aap 9%

congress 16%

Thats the grand scamgress-Atankvaad Aadmi Party startegy...God save the nation!!
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 21 January 2014 at 1:11pm | IP Logged

bjp 25%

aap 9%

congress 16%

I'm confused how is 28% = 210 seats but 25% = 250-270 seats?

_Angie_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 21 January 2014 at 9:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by charminggenie

His agitation was wrong but to most the demands were genuine simply because Delhi police should be accountable at State level. 

@Angie - Agree with everything you said. Just Sheila's demands seemed more of a joke considering she was in power for 15 years and had her own party at the centre for 10 years. Hence AAP or anybody else blamed her, if she was sincere enough she should have brought them under her control ages back?

Genie agreed that the police needs to have some accountability towards an elected govt at the state level as without it the state govt would be quite helpless in ensuring law and order at the state level. The earlier govt of BJP, Congress both had demanded the same.  However, the fact is that Delhi only enjoys partial statehood till date and perhaps with good reason.  The law and order is dealt with by the Union Home ministry while the Delhi Development authority  (which owns a major chunk of land in Delhi) remains under the Union Urban Development  Ministry. Delhi remains more of a union territory than a state.

At present, the Delhi police though not accountable to the MLAs it is accountable to the Parliament, the law making body of the country. The trouble is that the citizens with law and order grievances would contact the MLA or the CM and not the  Union Home Minister or Lieutenant Governor.  At the same time putting it under the Delhi govt could mean unnecessary interference by MLAs in its working. Dividing Police bosses in two parts of the same city could lead to complete chaos.  Imagine a situation brought on by the recent  protest by the CM, who did not feel any  responsibility  for the Republic Day parade preparations that were on at that time. If the police dept was under his full control and should he decide that  as CM it was his prerogative to decide what the police should do and that it  was the central govt's call on maintaining security and protocol awarded to foreign dignitaries (invited guests)  and disregard the threats of a terrorist attack on such occasions!  Further,  Delhi police gets a huge budget and considerable autonomy as it is funded by the Centre and not by the state government. Putting it under the latter requires a constitutional amendment and may starve it of funds.  

So, I feel that  there are genuine concerns about giving full control to the state govt in Delhi though no control over law and order also does not seem practical. During her tenure as CM, Sheila Dikshit had  proposed that the  Centre can retain control over NDMC area and Delhi Cantonment, put the rest of the national capital under  the State .

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DiehardYMfan

krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 22 January 2014 at 12:15am | IP Logged
^They can have at least partial control, if not full. A seperate order can be created just for the Delhi SG with limited and basic powers as opposed to more high-level engagements which should be retained by the force under the Union. Now the decisions regarding the powers to be accorded to the former could kick up another storm and another dharna, so...
mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 22 January 2014 at 3:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

bjp 25%

aap 9%

congress 16%

I'm confused how is 28% = 210 seats but 25% = 250-270 seats?

simple, because thanks to aap, in many seats where the congress got 1st position by a few thousand/ ten thousand votes, aap will eat into their votes and bjp will win seats by small margins.

in many seats, bjp will get say 2,00,000 votes, cong will get 1,80,000 votes and aap will get abt 90,000 votes.
DiehardYMfan IF-Rockerz
DiehardYMfan
DiehardYMfan

Posted: 22 January 2014 at 3:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by krystal_watz

^^You do know that the Police were sitting on the complaints for about three months, right?
Which complaint, may I ask?
The only "complaint" which they have is a much doubted letter from the month of June..

Apart from that no media intervention,no articles, absolutely nothing
But one day the sexist and racist blundering irresponsible law minister gets up and performs his juvenile vigilante antics..
That can NEVER be enough of a reason to prove that the police was sitting over the complaints for three months!

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index