India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Arvind Kejriwal and AAP (Page 77)

krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 23 April 2014 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Where would that leave the lower castes? Would they go the way of Muslims and vote between Congress/RJD or JDU? If Paswan cannot draw the Dalit vote, then I fear for the saffron brigade.

charminggenie IF-Stunnerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 23 April 2014 at 10:32am | IP Logged
I feel it would be interesting to see where they go but my gut feeling and the crowd that Modi pulled in Bihar seem to suggest  that BJP would make a positive dent . The split in vote share would favour them , they might not win major seats but can pull few upsets .
krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 23 April 2014 at 10:41am | IP Logged
^^Hope so. Modi's projection techniques are chiefly aimed at blurring caste divides, at least in UP. Hope it extends to Bihar to some extent.
heeheehee Groupbie
heeheehee
heeheehee

BirdieNumNum Goldie
BirdieNumNum
BirdieNumNum

Posted: 23 April 2014 at 12:22pm | IP Logged

i think this entire election has become modi-centric. People are either for him or against him.The issues on all sides,  the talk about corruption/ development/ growth models etc have just become side-shows to that. Even the hate speeches and the bad-mouthing are just circus. One just hopes that the anti-modi votes get split...

i feel this principle would also apply to bihar. People's like/ dislike of modi should be the most dominant factor, and should overpower caste politics... The only danger is if the muslims actually vote tactically in every constituency as they have been threatening to do, so voting for one anti-modi party in one constituency and for another anti-modi party in another. It's hard to see how they'd be so organized however...

coming to kejriwal, i think this guy is a disaster. He's never been able to hold on to any job- he ran away from Tata, ran away from Tax dept, ran away from Delhi CM. He's a guy who can only criticize, only destroy... if you go by his rationale for fighting against modi, he says he wants to destroy bjp... and his vishwas buddy from amethi wants to knock off congress from the map. So what do we replace those parties with? His rag-tag band of clueless anarchists? For better or worse, these are two parties that have the sort of organizational structure one needs for nation-wide governance. We just need to clean them up, not necessarily destroy them... It's also dangerous destroying institutions without offering a vision of what these would be replaced by. His claim of simply cleaning up the system does not fly, given that he's been intellectually dishonest on so many front. Basically, i just hope he's taken to the cleaners after this election. I'd rather have a Kiran Bedi run the anti-corruption party, not this bozo.

and what's this nonsense with Shazia Illmi? She's saying muslims are not too communal, her absurd rationale being they vote for "others", not their own ie. kejriwal? Ok. But since when has kejriwal become muslims ke "apne"? LOLAlso, is there another "com" that is as together when it comes to voting? Told you, some of these people belong in a circus. LOL

Edited by BirdieNumNum - 23 April 2014 at 12:35pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mr.asscharminggenie

charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 23 April 2014 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
@Mr Bird - If we are going for the bragging rights , then might I stake my claim for being right about AAP struggling to break into double-digits, all I remember ,is certain someone , worrying unnecessarily about them getting 40-60 seats.
^^ Ofcourse , we are still predicting the match, however one sided it might appear to be.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum Goldie
BirdieNumNum
BirdieNumNum

Posted: 23 April 2014 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by charminggenie

@Mr Bird - If we are going for the bragging rights , then might I stake my claim for being right about AAP struggling to break into double-digits, all I remember ,is certain someone , worrying unnecessarily about them getting 40-60 seats.
^^ Ofcourse , we are still predicting the match, however one sided it might appear to be.

it wont be the first time i'd be wrong, and unlikely to be the last. SmileSee i am just a silly guy who canI turn on a dime.LOL Of course i can put a positive spin to it if i were selling myself... like being a fast learner, adapting to and capitalizing on new information that comes my way... and so on.LOL

charminggenie

charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 23 April 2014 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
^^^Spoken like a true IBer. 
This election has now become too boring, so over it already. 

BirdieNumNum

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index