India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Arvind Kejriwal and AAP (Page 17)

punk666 Newbie
punk666
punk666

Posted: 27 January 2014 at 8:01am | IP Logged
The latest ad not only looks painfully fake but the fact that they have a muslin girl do it shows how congress make their vote bank. On one hand they talk about moving ahead and development off all sorts and at the same time they use bad tactics to attract votes from a particular religion.

charminggenie IF-Stunnerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 27 January 2014 at 10:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

[QUOTE=zorrro]
Modi has put forth progressive economic and foreign policies on numerous occasions including last week in his speeches. They were great policies too.
Great is very subjective , some of his reforms are too far fetched and speculative. Foreign policies - would you please, Mr Bird, introduce  his thoughts on Kashmir, Afghan, South Asia and Asean, yet to read a speech about them. When you are at it , where does his personal equation standard wrt to White House stand.
For now undoubtedly he is the PM candidate, there is just no opposition to him. As the leader of the next bit National Party, his views are culmination of years of ideology. With no contest in sight, whatever he says is a plus point. And against Rahul led Cong , I will side with him. 

It's too bad people and media were more interested in watching the AAP madari-nach of late. People are like that you know Wink
You mean the Namo and shezada has been devoid of social media pyaar. None of it matters, he is sailing through all the way, thanks to Cong self goal. 

So far we already know where the AAP will take us, and that's back to the charkha spinning days of the 19th century. LOLWe will of course know more when they come out with policy positions just before the elections.Wink So for all those who are supporting AAP, wait for a while to know why it is you have been supporting them. Meanwhile, keep protesting even if it's about anything. You can always find out later what it is they were protesting for LOL
Oh Mr Birdie, a history lesson gone wrong. Charkha was a thing of 20th century. And 19th was famous for the First War Independence (1857), that gotta be some back-handed compliment to AAP. Mira Sanyal , ex RBS head India, is leading their committee on economic policies. It has enough Wall Street power to keep it away from 1960s debacle. Have faith in fellow bankers, will you, to formulate the basic economic structure of this new and young party?

I supported them because they don't have an ideology inked with blood. They are making rookie mistakes in hopes of staying relevant LS polls. I won't judge their integrity or their governance till that point. Especially if you want the voter to overlook the past discretions of the two major National Parties. I like how we have ignored the protests of Shiv Sena, MNS , Telengana party, SP , BSP over the years.

Game is simple. NaMo is leading and most prob will form the govt. I am interested in watching who joins his team when the final tally is announced. I would rather see AAP as his main opposition that Rahul who is leading the fall to the doom for Cong. Too much to ask? I just don't understand why is BJP getting so uneasy with that situation? Shouldn't it be happy that with AAP cutting down Cong votes, it's main opposition will loose face in LS polls.  

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanetBirdieNumNum

krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 27 January 2014 at 11:21am | IP Logged
@Genie: Modi as of yet is keeping his agenda largely limited to and focussed on industry and economic development. That's what he needs to keep doing to stay on the right side of the Corporates among other things, methinks it will eventually pave his path to being issued a visa by the States. On Kashmir, expect him to reiterate the staunch nationalist stance of BJP, he can and should do little else there. Also, on the whole I'd expect a revised foreign policy with more teeth, unlike what it has been like under the Congress (Sibal brushing aside the beheading of soldiers in Kashmir in interviews).

Edited by krystal_watz - 27 January 2014 at 11:21am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanetcharminggenie

charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 27 January 2014 at 11:35am | IP Logged
@Krystal - Exactly ,on his own , he is doing a good job of keeping the narrative pretty much on economic development. Thats the key. But his party needs to low down on AAP and just focus on a positive campaign. The noises they make are usually more about AK than NaMo. Which is silly, with such an easy contest, they should go for the kill , if they want to achieve 272 seats. No negative campaign will win them . 
Generally speaking , except for the Agra Summit, NDA always had more meat in terms of Diplomatic stance. Cong always played it soft. Kashmir is so tricky , especially with the growing distrust for army and govt.  With Jaswant Singh too old , I wonder, who will Modi go for as Foreign Minister?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanet

krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 27 January 2014 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Sushma Swaraj?
And Kashmir will forever be a knot..It'll always come down to the demand for a plesbiscite, and the Shimla Agreement will have to be drawn out everytime.

Edited by krystal_watz - 27 January 2014 at 11:41am

charminggenie

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 27 January 2014 at 11:47am | IP Logged

I think due to the backlash against AAP, BJP is joining the bandwagon. The smart voter is turned off by negative tactics and wants a focus on issues. However, no matter what part of the world negative campaigning works in politics. People are easily swayed by who is bad and not good for them. In that sense BJP's attack on AAP may seem illogical and childish to many, but it is working with the masses.

Modi will get a visa to USA once he's elected irrespective of his platform. You simply cannot deny a leader of the world's largest democracy. India may not be a permanent security council member, but it is by no means insignificant.

I'm sure the new foreign policy will have a lot of bite. BJP is strongly nationalist and will not tolerate the slightest transgressions against India. However, I do hope they don't get too abrasive and balance their nationalism.

Kashmir will be tricky as always. The priority should be to gain the trust and compliance of locals, and that will be difficult.

LovelyPlanet

charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 27 January 2014 at 11:52am | IP Logged
Sushma Swaraj will make a good minister, it would be unfortunate if she gets stuck with IB or some minor crap but I don't know if she is a good candidate for Foreign Affairs. Generally a non massy minister works better, someone who has not been too vocal about Foreign policy in public. I feel she is too documented for this role. I cannot think of one, this could be a tricky and interesting selection. 
Kashmir will remain unsolved as it serves political purpose to both countries. 

krystal_watz

charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 27 January 2014 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

I think due to the backlash against AAP, BJP is joining the bandwagon. The smart voter is turned off by negative tactics and wants a focus on issues. However, no matter what part of the world negative campaigning works in politics. People are easily swayed by who is bad and not good for them. In that sense BJP's attack on AAP may seem illogical and childish to many, but it is working with the masses.

But masses liked the antics of AAP. Their vote percentage has increased. Views the local reaction on these raids.  General voter likes a vigilante, its the social media which was denouncing the AAP. The "class" vote might be debated but masses lapped up what AK sold. Social Media backlash could be felt right now and can spoil AAP's nation coverage but LS Polls are still far off, there is lot of time to recover. Right now AAP should lay low. If they can bring JAnLok Pal in 15 days , you would have another narrative.

Modi will get a visa to USA once he's elected irrespective of his platform. You simply cannot deny a leader of the world's largest democracy. India may not be a permanent security council member, but it is by no means insignificant.

It is not about his Visa , I am more interested in his policies for countering and exerting pressure in Afghanistan , now with troops pullout. The Iran pipeline and the Nuclear Deal. Especially when Terry is too focussed on Middle East.

I'm sure the new foreign policy will have a lot of bite. BJP is strongly nationalist and will not tolerate the slightest transgressions against India. However, I do hope they don't get too abrasive and balance their nationalism.

Honestly, if I read Modi's individual campaign, he is steering clear of the basic BJP ideology. Which I like but I do share your doubt about how long that lasts.

Kashmir will be tricky as always. The priority should be to gain the trust and compliance of locals, and that will be difficult.

Locals for now remain too disheartened and indifferent to anything Indian govt. might attempt.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index