Arvind Kejriwal and AAP - Page 36

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: _Angie_

Whatever said and done you have to give it to the guy! Kejriwal sure knows how to garner media attention. Where parties have been doling out huge amounts for PR and image building Mr Kejriwal is getting free publicity. Hate him or love him ,but  there's no ignoring him 😆

His declaration to fight the elections directly against Modi in his chosen constituency was sure to get him coverage. He doesnt have much to lose if he loses the contest whereas its an all together a different ball game for Modi.
I wish Mr kejriwal had stuck to his responsibilities in the capital and gained more experience before jumping into the LS wagon.

With the multiple political parties in the fray the spectre of post result unholy alliances looms large. Without a clear majority the winning party could find itself in a very compromised situation.

Isnt there some way to restrict the number of parties that keep emerging? There should be only 2 or at the most 3 major ones at the national level.

unfortunately that's no laughing matter.

@genie=> yes, rural population is the problem. And kejriwal cuts into the urban/ semi-urban base that should have otherwise gone to BJP/ Modi. Delhi is a case in point. I am therefore not as optimistic about Modi's chances unless there's a vote for him that's of epic proportions that so far no opinion poll has picked up.
Edited by BirdieNumNum - 10 years ago
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
BJP has noone but itself to blame for Delhi. How do you win it without having a charismatic CM. Also the way they have nominated the candidates for LS in delhi, it seems they more or less consider it as a lost battle. Disappointing. 
AK with all his gimmicks is connecting more with rural belt, his tactics has alienated a  large chunk of urban vote. 
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I wouldn't trust these opinion polls too much. The majority of population is rural and agriculture based. Alliances are uncertain so anything can happen. I personally feel that Modi  should get a chance at forming the govt at the centre but with a clear majority which is doubtful. I wouldn't be too surprised if Kejriwal manages to pull a fast one with some help from Congress support post elections ...similar to delhi. The urban middle class is fed up with all the corruption in the major parties. AAP lacks a rural base but the Congress has a strong base in the hinterlands. The Delhi scenario could get repeated. At the national level that would be tragic.
_Angie_ thumbnail
Originally posted by: charminggenie

BJP has noone but itself to blame for Delhi. How do you win it without having a charismatic CM. Also the way they have nominated the candidates for LS in delhi, it seems they more or less consider it as a lost battle. Disappointing. 

AK with all his gimmicks is connecting more with rural belt, his tactics has alienated a  large chunk of urban vote. 

Harshvardhan is soft spoken but a good candidate. He has a clean image and actually was the one who had started the polio eradication movement first in Delhi. The success achieved in the capital  later made the Central govt take it up at the national level. I m surprised that Mr  Harshvardhan never claimed any credit! The LS candidates in Delhi are a disappointment indeed!
Got to agree about AK 's tactics at the rural level. I just remembered his U turns with the Khaap and others.
charminggenie thumbnail
Harshvardhan is a good person just like MMS but too soft spoken and has very bland image to be the face of Delhi especially in a contest which had AK and Sheila- two huge personalities. 
If BJP really wanted him as their CM for Delhi then his grooming should have started post CWG , they instead had Vijay Goel for all the pre-polls. 

AK is shrewd he has brought in popular names in urban areas , also fielded big names in seats which would generate enough hype for BJP if not a win like Gul Panag and Ashutosh . Its his rural list which is interesting, he is really hitting it hard. Though I still think it will win him vote share  not necessarily seats.

charminggenie thumbnail
I am just baffled with BJP not canvassing enough in rural belt. That wins elections and pushing Modi and his economy would not win it their for them. Cong is gaining lost ground with both Rahul and Sonia going back to the garibi slogan.
I will prefer Modi at the Centre but with a big number which actually gives him a decent shot. Otherwise it would be tragic all around.

_Angie_ thumbnail

I am just baffled with BJP not canvassing enough in rural belt. That wins elections and pushing Modi and his economy would not win it their for them. Cong is gaining lost ground with both Rahul and Sonia going back to the garibi slogan.

I will prefer Modi at the Centre but with a big number which actually gives him a decent shot. Otherwise it would be tragic all around.

completely agree with all you said. The results could swing anyway.
mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

rural belt in delhi? pan india it'll take time for him to get a reach. plus, he has no real track record. bjp itself had to try and form a few state govts in the 1980's till it was able to get a national footprint. KEjriwal got overconfident with delhi. he should have just developed delhi nicely. anyway his anti corruption agenda is too flimsy.

delhi bjp sucks! full of old people, more like a retirement home.

no, bjp has the urban vote outside delhi. delhi because of the anna movement  AK had a chance.

in mumbai and bangalore the reception was not that impressive. bangalore slightly better than mumbai,which is good for bjp. the anti yeddy vote will go to aap 😆
mr.ass thumbnail
Originally posted by: _Angie_

completely agree with all you said. The results could swing anyway.

how do you know that bjp isnt canvassing in the rural belt? sushil kumar modi in bihar said so many rural areas in bihar are there where there is modi mania! ok maybe in tamil nadu, orrissa, and bengal rural areas they have no chance, but bjp itself is strong in north west rural areas.
mr.ass thumbnail

I am not surprised with Modi picking Varanasi for his elections. More UP presence , religion card and proximity to Bihar ( The bhojpuri belt), that makes it a decent shot for BJP to win double digits in UP .

I am very amused , how senior leaders across all the parties are heckling for safe seats. Rajnath,PC etc.  The insecurities are out in open.

@Mr A - I asked you somewhere else too, ur thoughts on BJP-Shiv Sena alliance . Also recently too many senior party leaders like Sushma and Jaitley have openly expressed their dismay at  ticket distribution . How do you read that?

AAP - Final words, election time - every party is lying and picking a hyperbolic narrative. It would be too naive to believe anyone's narrative right now.

bjp shiv sena alliance is mediocre and will be even more mediocre with mns. luckily bjp's individual tally in MHA will be good.

state elections bjp shiv sena will lose for the 4th time in a row 😆