Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ScorpionGunner thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Largest circulated news daily Anandabazar Patrika's headline of totay's issue : Modi's  Ploy of Three Laddoos

^^I wonder why he continues to be benevolent towards Mamata. Even after she keeps snubbing him repeatedly, he keeps subtly praising her or avoids direct confrontation with her. Funny how he took digs at the "poribartan" but still advocated "Mamata-as-CM-Modi-as-PM". 😆
ScorpionGunner thumbnail

Originally posted by: krystal_watz

^^I wonder why he continues to be benevolent towards Mamata. Even after she keeps snubbing him repeatedly, he keeps subtly praising her or avoids direct confrontation with her. Funny how he took digs at the "poribartan" but still advocated "Mamata-as-CM-Modi-as-PM". 😆

You know what, as I have read it in ABP, 60% spectators were not BJP cadre, but some curious public, who wanted to listen to him ... NaMo knows party's organisational structure is poor in WB, so reach out to the public he had to be careful ... Bengali folks are known for their emotional behavior,  thats why he brings the name of Vivekanada, Subhash Bose, Pranab Mukherjee etc. Mamta is very grounded leader but whoever gives importance to her, she will go with ...  I strongly believe that support from Mamata & Jayalaitha would not be required, but Modi ji is wise to keep open his door ...
-Cruiser- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
What do you guys think, is Nitish Kumar a corrupt guy?

I have a good friend from Bihar who says Nitish can be accused of one million things but not dishonesty! He says the guy is squeaky clean...just like Modi is supposed to be and in Bihar, all understand it, though, he is not very popular at the moment...(surprising!?!?)

Carry on the excellent discussion! 👍🏼

-Cruiser- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: ScorpionGunner

You know what, as I have read it in ABP, 60% spectators were not BJP cadre, but some curious public, who wanted to listen to him ... NaMo knows party's organisational structure is poor in WB, so reach out to the public he had to be careful ... Bengali folks are known for their emotional behavior,  thats why he brings the name of Vivekanada, Subhash Bose, Pranab Mukherjee etc. Mamta is very grounded leader but whoever gives importance to her, she will go with ...  I strongly believe that support from Mamata & Jayalaitha would not be required, but Modi ji is wise to keep open his door ...

@BOLD: Thats understandable!😆

In his speeches, Modi does play to the local galleries. At Meerut he was saying Congress would want all to believe only Congress struggled for Indian freedom, completely ignoring the importance of 1857 mutiny that originated from Meerut and great part Meerut and its warriors played in Indian freedom movement!

ScorpionGunner thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Cruiser-

@BOLD: Thats understandable!😆

In his speeches, Modi does play to the local galleries. At Meerut he was saying Congress would want all to believe only Congress struggled for Indian freedom, completely ignoring the importance of 1857 mutiny that originated from Meerut and great part Meerut and its warriors played in Indian freedom movement!

Regarding Meerut ... don't forget the Chaudhary Charan Singh agar aaj jinda hote remark on  Ganna-Kishan context ... 
Here's something I found on FB---yet another "myth-busting" analytical article on NaMo's Gujarat. Makes valid points that confuses even more:

http://themadeconomy.blogspot.in/2013/08/Facts-behind-Modi-and-Gujarat-Model.html?m=1
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Krystal 
West Bengal has 42 seats. Mamta in her current form will most probably get around 30+ seats. Thats a huge number. If BJP gets just about 200. An alliance with Mamta and Jaya will help them big way.
Modi is wooing Mamta big time and she will sing his tune , post elections. Also I feel with his urban image and subtle endorsing of Mamta means he is safeguarding the " upper middle class" vote for her. Pretty smart, I doubt though Modi will ever make serious inroads in WB. 

@Nitish is a decent guy and a good CM. Bihar has apparently developed a lot under him but works against him is his party JD(U) which unlike BJP is a regional party. With third front in the shambles , Nitish being CM is never possible.  He should have played it like Jaya.

@Gujarat is very interesting. This state has always shown economy growth. So to credit Modi for everything is a lit too exaggerating . He certainly enjoys industry and investor confidence. He seems to be someone who takes decisions. I won't burden him with expectations, he has to pick a time which delivers, alone , he isn't enough.

But one thing is clear he lies pretty confidently, the man can speak and how?

@ Which way is Karnataka going , you think Yedurappa has derailed BJP? 

Exactly. You kinda spoke my mind there. I'd always suspected that the 'Modi phenomenon' has a lot of air bubbles in it. And what would explain this humongous success in image-projection is the PR firm APCO. Also the fact that employment rate came down from 25% to 24 point something is quite alarming. And the GSDP figures are from the Planning Commission, so reliable according to me. Plus the Lokayukta non-appointment till 2013 and the drama regarding K.A. Mehta highly questions his integrity. Though I'd also say that the article has some loopholes in it, like comparing Gujarat's growth to states like Sikkim with lower denominators. Also, it ignores the fact that Gujarat occupies 6th place in agriculture despite being a largely laterite soil-dominated state. Plus, its GDP is just half of Maharashtra's which has much, much more FDI.

Dunno what to think. :|Edited by krystal_watz - 10 years ago
P.S.: Don't get me wrong, I'd still want him over Rahul anyday (AAP and Third Front are outta question). But I can't cheer as loud now. 😛