Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bonnefille thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: chocolover89

Is the trailer coming with PK? 

Dunno, but hopefully it does! No announcement has been made so far.

DBB's Twitter accounted posted this on November 23: 

Byomkesh Bakshy @byomkeshbakshy  

Looking for the official trailer of Detective Byomkesh Bakshy'? It's coming soon. Until then, here's a teaser:http://youtu.be/L3sv6Frp8qw 

Edited by bonnefille - 9 years ago
Minion23 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Vintage cars used in Byomkesh Bakshi have set back the producer by a whopping figure!

The Telegraph,Calcutta

Friday, 05 December 2014 10:26 AM

submit to reddit

Kolkata: Dibakar Banerjee has pulled out all the stops to make Detective Byomkesh Bakshi as authentic as possible. The Shanghai man not only recreated the Calcutta of the 1940s in the city landmarks of China Town and Howrah Bridge, he also ensured that leading man Sushant Singh Rajput " who plays the Sharadindu Bandopadhyay-created sleuth " looked like a "Bengali of 1942, right down to his style of walking", as Dibakar had told t2.

Now word is out that the vintage cars used in the film have set back producer Aditya Chopra by a cool Rs 3 crore!

Also starring Swastika Mukherjee, Anand Tiwari and Meiyang Chang, Detective Byomkesh Bakshi hits screens on February 13, 2015.

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: bonnefille

Dunno, but hopefully it does! No announcement has been made so far.

DBB's Twitter accounted posted this on November 23: 

Byomkesh Bakshy @byomkeshbakshy  

Looking for the official trailer of Detective Byomkesh Bakshy'? It's coming soon. Until then, here's a teaser:http://youtu.be/L3sv6Frp8qw 

After PK, everyone will only talk about PK...and it will be too late to make a mark. It should ideally come by next week and be attached to the prints of PK. 
krackjack thumbnail
This movie is now releasing in April. ðŸ˜•
These guys are killing the excitement.

Are they doing this to avoid the clash or something? Otherwise it doesn't make any sense. ðŸ¥±
Edited by krackjack - 9 years ago
bonnefille thumbnail
Thank god they shifted the release date of the film to April.

February hardly has any space between films. DBB would have been releasing in the week between Shamitaab/Dolly Ki Doli and Badlapur. It would have got the worst deal as the former has no good release before it and the latter has two open weeks after its release. Plus, Roy too is releasing on February 13. I am super-happy with the development. Sushant, who will be shooting for MSD biopic in February, too will be able to promote the film better in April. 
krackjack thumbnail

Originally posted by: bonnefille

Thank god they shifted the release date of the film to April.

February hardly has any space between films. DBB would have been releasing in the week between Shamitaab/Dolly Ki Doli and Badlapur. It would have got the worst deal as the former has no good release before it and the latter has two open weeks after its release. Plus, Roy too is releasing on February 13. I am super-happy with the development. Sushant, who will be shooting for MSD biopic in February, too will be able to promote the film better in April. 

Makes sense. 
So the date they chose now is free from clashes then? Dhoni movie will also release in 2015 ? 
Sorry for so many questions btw. I'm just curious ðŸ˜›

bonnefille thumbnail

Originally posted by: krackjack

Makes sense. 
So the date they chose now is free from clashes then? Dhoni movie will also release in 2015 ? 
Sorry for so many questions btw. I'm just curious ðŸ˜›

Yes, April 10 is an open week as a lesser known film is releasing on that date and there is no big release for at least two weeks. Piku releases on April 30.

Dhoni makers intend to release the film next year itself and I think, its possible as Neeraj Pandey wrapped up Baby in a very short time.  
krackjack thumbnail
Oh okay! Then the performance of India at the world cup next year is going to play a significant role in the box office performance of Dhoni's movie. Accha kiya to mazee hi mazee. 😆

But the date is too far now. I hope my excitement to see Byomkesh babu on screen doesn't fade out. So, there's no need to wait for the trailer I guess. They'll probably release it on Feb 13. 😆 
Edited by krackjack - 9 years ago
bonnefille thumbnail

Originally posted by: krackjack

Oh okay! Then the performance of India at the world cup this year is going to play a significant role in the box office performance of this movie. Accha kiya to mazee hi mazee. 😆

But the date is too far now. I hope my excitement to see Byomkesh babu on screen doesn't fade out. So, there's no need to wait for the trailer I guess. They'll probably release it on Feb 13. 😆 

@bold: This reminds me...World Cup is another good reason to postpone the film's release date. The world cup season will begin on February 14. 

krackjack thumbnail
Ooo la laaa...so they are completely avoiding the World cup season. Looks like they are pretty serious about turning DBB into a franchise. Therefore, not willing to take any risk with the first movie.