Detective Byomkesh Bakshy Updates: IN CINEMAS NOW! - Page 56

Posted: 9 years ago
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU3aMZwJoWU[/YOUTUBE]Welcome to the World of Calcutta in 1943 - a city plunged in war, hate and crime. People living in fear and shadows. Only one man is in search of the truth - Detective Byomkesh Bakshy! 

From the house of Yash Raj Films and Games2Win comes a game so thrilling that it will take on a journey of shocking discoveries!
Join the first Indian Detective on his quest to uncover some of the biggest mysteries and evils that are haunting the city. A man with fascinating intelligence, strong observation powers and an explosive wit to match; decides to takes YOU as his partner! And he won't spare you, till you won't catch up with his shrewd mind. 

Expose hidden motives and follow clues. Learn the science of observation and deduction. Stay alert as everything is not what it seems in this hidden objects game. Whether it's a petty crime or stopping the diabolic plan that threatens the future of India, Bymokesh won't stop and so will you!

Engage your detective mind. Download Detective Byomkesh Bakshy @Games2Win from the Google Play Store for FREE!

Detective Byomkesh Bakshy Features:
Train to be the Best Detective!
- 10 Gripping Case Stories
- Nail biting and Varied Gameplay
- Challenging Mini Game
- Realistic old-world Calcutta scenarios'

Last Updated: 19-Mar-2015
BOLLYWOOD / NEWS / I WANT TO KEEP A TAB ON AAMIR KHAN
Prachi Kadam18-Mar-2015 11:35 PM
REACTOMETER
WOW 25 %
LOL 75 %
W*F 0 %
OMG 0 %
BBK 0 %
Reads : 48

Sushant Singh Rajput opens up about spying in reel and real

The Kai Po Che actor is on the threshold of proving if he can carry a film on his shoulders alone. His upcoming film Detective Byomkesh Bakshi is just two weeks away. We caught up with him at Yash Raj Studios (Andheri, Mumbai). Excerpts from the interview:

How did Detective Bymokesh Bakshi happen?

I was shooting for Shuddh Desi Romance. I got a call to meet Adi (Aditya Chopra) sir. And then I heard that this new thing was happening at YRF. They were collaborating with Dibakar Bannerjee. And when I found out about the character that I was to play has already been played some 74 times before, including mediums like TV, theatre and films, I became interested. 

In fact that should put you off?

I was ready to look at another interpretation of an old story. Byomkesh is an Indian detective who is very interesting and those who don't know about him, can know him through this film. And those who know him will not be disappointed (smiles).

Have you seen the show on Byomkesh Bakshi with Rajat Kapoor in the lead? 

Yeah, I faintly remember it. I was a kid then. I remember there was an introduction track, a sketch of Rajat's that appeared before the show began. I vaguely remember the way he solved his cases. But Dibakar had warned me not to watch any of those shows, movies or plays that have Byomkesh in the centre. I was only permitted to read some of the writings of Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay who created the literature around Byomkesh.

It's weird he asked you to refrain from the material around Byomkesh...

You know when something is attempted so many times, you have to understand that the intent behind each attempt is different. Everyone has something new to say. If I had seen those shows, plays or movies on Byomkesh Bakshi, I would have been influenced by some of them. Subconsciously, I would have imitated them. And Dibakar didn't want it. He wanted something of our own.

Do you like reading and seeing detective stuff?

Yeah. I love Sherlock Holmes. I was hooked on to Robert Downey's version of the character, and even the UK TV series. As for the Indian detectives, I love them all. I love the genre actually. I watched Raja Aur Rancho, Vijay Anand's emulation of Karamchand. I have been a fan of all of these shows. And it's not difficult being a detective because he looks for logic everywhere. He looks for interpretations, he observes and that's what even you and I do. We just don't realise. There's a detective in all of us. But this all began after I finished school. Physics, Chemistry and Maths in school never left me with time to do anything else. 

How has your journey been from a romantic hero to a hot spy from the 1940s?

Kai Po Che was not a romantic film. Shuddh Desi Romance wasn't a romantic film either. Frankly, I don't look at a character's length or the film's genre before accepting an offer. The script should fascinate and engage me.

Your first impressions of Dibakar Bannerjee?

Dibakar is such a sorted guy. He will never tell you what to do. He only builds walls...he tells you what not to do. Within that boundary, you have to come up with ideas and improvise on them. And that is a very personal effort you make for a role. The outcome is very honest. I don't think I have done that before. 

How did you prepare for Bymokesh Bakshi? 

The film has been set in Kolkata. I have studied history and there was so much happening in that city...opium trade, British Raj, American GIs, Japanese invasion, the formation of the Indian National Army...so much happened around the same time. So this character's mindset was decided by these happenings. His mannerisms, body language, everything was driven by the events happening around him. As an actor, I was quickly made to understand why this film is being made now. And once I understood that, I was firmly on track. 

Let's talk more about Dibakar...

He has a very European style of filmmaking. Generally you are told to do certain things and you imitate, but his way is very organic. He doesn't spoon-feed. And his movie shows you things and leaves you to think over it and decide which side of the fence you are on. Without saying or showing off much, he rhetorically communicates through the movie. It's an art that comes with time, experience and knowledge of cinema. Initially, I couldn't understand what's going on but eventually I settled in. 

How has the association with Yash Raj Films been?

I saw many movies of this banner when I was a student. And I would wonder how it would look if it read: Starring Sushant Singh Rajput'. Years later, I entered this studio as a background dancer. And when I made an entry in the register at the entrance, I thought, at some point I will enter this place as a star. I had no idea of destiny. Sochne mein kya jaata hai (laughs) Today, I feel so proud. There's a sense of fulfillment.

You are doing one more film with YRF, Shekhar Kapur'sPaani.  

I just feel there are so many talented and hard working people but I believe in the saying, He who says he can and he who says he can't are both usually right'. I don't believe in luck so much. If you can think, it will happen. And I think it will happen! 

How would you rate yourself as Byomkesh if compared with the others who played this character? 

If I assigned two people to make a film on me, it would be me at the centre of affairs but their perceptions about me will dictate the way they make their films, the way they interpret me. It's the same case here. Everyone had a different thought and interpretation and so if I indulge in comparing, it will be unfair. This is Dibakar'sinterpretation. After the research, prep and the shoot, I feel this is my best work by far. This is how far I can go for a role. It's a sense of achievement for me.

Is Dibakar a hard task master? 

Never felt so! I enjoyed myself with him. I came on the sets with my options but we'd try something different altogether. I learnt so much from him. I am just waiting for him to make a sequel to this film and work with me on it. 

Which was the toughest scene for you?

I am supposed to be interrogating someone and that person dies in the thick of things. So I did the scene as decided, and it was okayed in five minutes flat. Then Dibakarcalled me and said: 'Let's try something else. We have 20 minutes more. He asked me if I had seen someone dying in front of my eyes. I said I have seen people either before or after their death. He asked me what is that one thing you'd feel if someone died in front of you while you were having a conversation. I thought for 20 minutes but I couldn't figure. He said that you'll be fascinated by what happens in front of your eyes. As a character you can feel an array of emotions but the first thing you will feel is fascination. He said don't play it to the gallery, just feel the fascination and let that show in the scene. And the scene turned on its head. . 

If you had to be a detective for real, who would you keep a tab on?

Aamir Khan. I want to know how he convincingly comes up with one good film after another. He has been doing this for so many years and has done it so well. His films have content and they have worked commercially too. I want to learn the art of sustaining that passion for films.

Lastly, why should people watch Detective Byomkesh Bakshi if they've seen 73 interpretations of it in the past? 

It's a YRF film by Dibakar with Sushant Singh Rajput (smiles). I think this is my best performance till date. And you will never get to see Kolkata in the 1940s with such a contemporary approach. The film will keep you on the edge of your seat. You don't need more reasons to watch a film, right?

Just visited the official website of the film and loved it! They have given character sketches of all the important characters and told about the important places we shall come across in the movie! Love how they've made it like a story or series! 
I'm downloading the game now. Looks interesting. 
User Actions
  Follow 
CNN-IBN NewsVerified account@ibnlive

e Lounge: Director Dibakar Banerjee, actor Sushant Singh Rajput talks about 'Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!' http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/534887/e-lounge-director-dibakar-banerjee-actor-sushant-singh-rajput-talks-about-detective-byomkesh-bakshy.html ...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ihoaY6pjiQ[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l41bpaUJHkw[/YOUTUBE]

Detective Byomkesh Bakshy: Who else is high on the soundtrack?

IndiaToday.in  New Delhi, March 19, 2015 | UPDATED 19:22 IST

So, the soundtrack of the much-anticipated Detective Byomkesh Bakshy! has been released on YouTube, and has taken the internet by quite a storm. The album comprises seven tracks, and each has the potential to outdo the other, as far as music charts are concerned. We try and decode each song for you...and leave you to listen to all the songs and find out for yourself.

Calcutta Kiss

Sung by Imaad Shah and Saba Azad, Calcutta Kiss is a thoroughly peppy, foot-tapping number. And, if our predictions turn out true, might soon earn a rank in the party songs this year.

Sushant Singh Rajput in the Detective Byomkesh Bakshy! poster

Bach Ke Bakshy
'Oh so the murder weapon used was a chain on the neck...why is there blood on the bed!' goes the rap of this enjoyable number. The pace of the song does much justice to the cat-and-mouse themes of the film - it drops at times, only to progress with maniacal speed. The song has been sung by Gowri Jayakumar, Big Deal, Thomson Andrews and Trevor. The rap is by Smokey the Ghosht and Craz Professa.

Byomkesh In Love
Sung by Rishi Bradoo, Anil Bradoo and Usri Banerjee, this song sees semi-classical music blending into contemporary, and is then followed by fast-paced beats. In all, a hummable track.

Jaanam
This lover's plaint is sung by Suryakant Sawhney, and sounds quite pleasant to the ears. With the piano and vocals in tandem, Jaanam is one of the best tracks of the album.

Chase In Chinatown
Perfect as the background for a high-octane chase sequence, Chase In Chinatown is sung by Vyshnav Balasubramaniam, Sandeep Madhavan and Manas Ullas. The rock track seems fit for the film.

ALSO READ: Things about Byomkesh Bakshi that you might not have known

Life's A Bitch
Akshay De's hazy vocals screaming 'My life sucks...', and the heavy metal in the background is what Life's A Bitch is made of.

Yang Guang Lives
Doing justice to the edginess of the film, the final track is somewhat spooky on the ears. The song is whispered into the ears, and the music is reminiscent of mystery, keeping in tune with the film.

Those Mobile ads are brilliant! 🤣 🤣
Koel Purie @koelscouch  

YayU can b part of Couching live w @DibakarBanerjee +Sushant @itsSSR tomrw Pls email [email protected] NOW!

@RJAlleyah  

@itsSSR turns radio narrator for Case 104 special episode @Fever_104FM on a bank robbery in 1940 Calcutta ! Launches tomorrow .. Cant wait!

1 retweet1 favorite
 Retweeted1
 Favorited1
 @RJAlleyah  

Send in your questions for Byomkesh Bakshy @itsSSR Live at @Fever_104FM tomorrow for the Byomkesh Case 104 Special exclusively @Fever_104FM

3 retweets2 favorites
 Retweeted3
 Favorited2

Edited by SushitaLover23 - 9 years ago

#byomkeshbkshy #filmpromotions #makeupartist  #sushantsinghrajput#onsets