Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minion23 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

I am not worried about passing the Censor Board: Dibaker Banerjee 

DC | Priyanka Pinto |  March 09, 2015, 20.03 pm IST
He believes it is important for the audience to acquire a taste for these new age detective films. (Photo: On the sets of 'Detective Byomkesh Bakshy'/ Twitter)

Mumbai: Dibaker Banerjee and Sushant Singh Rajput unveiled the all new trailer of the highly anticipated 'Detective Byomkesh Bakshy' today. Although the makers have still managed to keep the identity of the film's antagonist under wraps, we do have a vague idea of what to expect. When asked about the villain's identity director Dibaker said, they didn't want to reveal too much in the second trailer but still wanted to tease the audience a little.

It is known only to a few that Dibaker originally approached Aamir khan to play the villain in the film. Aamir even had a look at the script, but passed the offer and then went on to play a villain in 'Dhoom 3', thus making it a win or lose kind of situation for Yash Raj Films. 

Dibaker is very keen on making 'Detective Byomkesh Bakshy' a franchise and if all goes well with the first film, he will definitely think of making more films. He said, "We would love to make it a franchise. We are waiting for the first film to do well, because a film like has never been made in a long time in Indian cinema." He went on to add, "If the audience acquires a taste for these new age detective films, then we are ready to expand." 

From the first look of the trailer it was pretty evident that the film features a couple of bold scenes, but that doesn't scare Dibaker from the Censor Board. He said, "It's definitely not aggressive like 'Love Sex aur Dokha', so I am not worried about passing the Censor Board."

Sushant who transformed into a completely different person to get into character for the film revealed that there will be a dance sequence in the film. The music video of which will release next week, and will feature Sushant's drastic transformation. The film also stars Swastika Mukherjee, Anand Tiwari and Meiyang Chang and is all set to hit the screens on April 3.

Minion23 thumbnail
User Actions
  Follow 
taran adarshVerified account@taran_adarsh

#DetectiveByomkeshBakshy new poster...

Retweeted
Favorited
More
Edited by SushitaLover23 - 9 years ago
ChannaMereya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
High time , they start promoting it
ProudSushantian thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Sushant who transformed into a completely different person to get into character for the film revealed that there will be a dance sequence in the film. The music video of which will release next week, and will feature Sushant's drastic transformation.

YAYYY so excited
Can't wait 😳
Minion23 thumbnail
Launch Event Full Uncut 
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNx-foChBMQ&t=16[/YOUTUBE]
Palak_Paneer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Will 'Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!' become franchise?

Director Dibakar Banerjee, who is gearing up for the release of "Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!", the big screen adaptation of a fictional book character, says he's ready to make it a franchise if it rings a bell with the audiences.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015   |  Copyright: IANS  |   0 Comments  |  84 Views

saif ali khan

Director Dibakar Banerjee, who is gearing up for the release of "Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!", the big screen adaptation of a fictional book character, says he's ready to make it a franchise if it rings a bell with the audiences.

"We would love to (make it a franchise), but we are waiting for the first film to do well. This is because fortunately or unfortunately, a film like this has not been made," Dibakar said here Monday at the second trailer launch of "Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!".

"If audiences' hunger and thirst for such films increases and our first Byomkesh story catches on, then our franchise is ready and we would love this franchise to go forward," he added.

He further admits films based on spying were made in 1950s, but "with 'Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!', the attempt was to bring newness to this genre".

"Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!" is based on the fictional detective Byomkesh Bakshi created by the Bengali writer Saradindu Bandyopadhyay.

Featuring actor Sushant Singh Rajput in the titular role, the movie is slated to release April 3.

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Why do I feel that the guy who has played the villain is a famous actor? The way they spoke about it, I think there is a surprise awaiting us. 😆

I love the way Dibakar spoke about the dance video. It sounds kickass and he is anyway ready for all the critisicm. 😆 I really like the way they are presenting this whole thing as a team product. This sounds so exciting, man! Can't wait at all.
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: .krackjack.

Why do I feel that the guy who has played the villain is a famous actor? The way they spoke about it, I think there is a surprise awaiting us. 😆

I love the way Dibakar spoke about the dance video. It sounds kickass and he is anyway ready for all the critisicm. 😆 I really like the way they are presenting this whole thing as a team product. This sounds so exciting, man! Can't wait at all.

I feel the same thing. The trailer and the way they have gone about the role does point towards something big. Someday ago Dibakar was saying; he offered it to Aamir first. So there is defo something there.

Any Ideas on who it might be??

And mroe importantly can they manage to hide trhis fact till the 3rd of April?? Hirani and co did very well with Ranbir Kapoor. It was a such shocker seeing him appear out of the mist. I would love to see something similar here.
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
^^ I know right, I sense something big. The description of the Villian and all the articles are really making me curious. Also, the trailer ends with a glimpse of the big bad guy. If it was any other actor playing that role, why would they be so secretive about it? I don't know if we are reading too much into it but I would really be happy if it is some popular actor. It would be so exciting. 😆 Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.