A RRound of Revelry

tvbug2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
And the mercury rises! Today's episode gave us a heady cocktail of revelry - music, dancing, poetry, merriment and romance - yet so heavily laced with danger that it may as well have been called Molotov. 😆

The baraat came to Birpur, but so did their guns, and following their scent, the BSD. So that even as the blindfolded bride-groom slashed through the yellow tape, it was under the hawk-like gaze of the law. Yup, that's our Rudra, his uniformed presence easily dominated the welcome.

Eyes hidden behind almost-regulation Ray-Bans, nothing seemed to escape Rudra's scrutiny - not the leering comments to Bindi, nor the groom's test of valour and honour, the messages exchanged, the hissed warnings, or the Thakur's challenging stare. All this Rudra faced, or in the Thakur's case, faced-down, impassively. It was only as the groom's blindfold was removed and he opened his eyes, that Rudra turned his own away. A telling flinch, that. Claps 👏to the direction.  What, one wonders, did Rudra not want to see or not want to reveal? 

Rudra's eye-sight was bang on target later as he examined the loot from the abstracted trunk and urged Aman (his bumbling Dr.Watson) to assemble the metal-cylinders into a device which was "not an umbrella".😃 There was no levity in Rudra's tone when he cursed the scum for smuggling in guns under the eyes of the BSD.

Cut to a store-room in the Thakur's palatial haveli. What a shot, revealing the scale of the haveli, all aglitter complete with celebratory gunshots, the dancing girls, the gulal - truly cinema on small screen! 👏 

Here, under the guise of some riotous Rajasthani revelry, firearms are being unloaded under the nervous gaze of the groom's uncle. We can almost smell the sweat and fear. The groom's uncle is right to be uneasy, his henchman confirms, because one of the trunks is missing! But before he can do anything about it, the Thakur urges the beleaguered Kesari to take charge of stocks and ushers the groom's uncle to join in in the reception.

There is no darkness in Paro's dressing area, which is lit up by a radiance that has less to do with her richly-embroidered lehenga and everything to do with her simplicity and inherent beauty. The Thakurain gifts her a necklace - Paro has taken after her mother, she says, (translation: I care for you as though you were my own daughter). The cynic in me is unmoved: if Paro were really like her daughter, would she not replace her stolen wedding dress?  On the other hand, Paro's generosity in gifting her the handmade shawl, is deeply touching.

And then Paro's on her way to meet her groom. Direction and cinematography is sure-footed thereafter- the party in full-swing, that first glimpse of Paro through the wrought-iron scrolls, the shy eye-locks with the groom - enchanting us in a make-believe summer romance, not a passing cloud in sight. The enraptured groom quotes poetry at his bashful bride. How could he not with such a muse as this? And when he finally succeeds in getting Paro to look at him, he is stunned! As was I, for that matter. Sanaya is simply luminous in that shot! 👏 to the crew for getting this so very right!

But this summer romance is fleeting, for unbeknownst to the revellers, the thunderclouds are drawing in...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Skyfall thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Love the way you have described this!
Beautiful words! 👏

It was only as the groom's blindfold was removed and he opened his eyes, that Rudra turned his own away. A telling flinch, that. Claps 👏to the direction.  What, one wonders, did Rudra not want to see or not want to reveal? 

^ Completely in love with this!! Our Rudra made sure he didn't catch a glimpse of him.
Edited by Skyfall - 10 years ago
bkamber thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
Nicely described. Enjoy reading your posts.
Parvati said "ayke minut" when she went to get the shawl.
I would have expected  "rukhyae".  😊

Rudra is silently observing.  He clenches his jaw when Parvati's name is mentioned during the "welcome the groom" ceremony.
He is also observing the swiftness of the sword cutting the cloth...a little too perfect for an ordinary man.  The groom is trained in military ways...me thinks.
Edited by bkamber - 10 years ago
tvbug2011 thumbnail
Originally posted by: sonapari

Beautifully written...

Thank you. 😊
showviewer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Lovely! Enjoyed reading the post. Sanaya did look beautiful but what touched me were her shy gazes both when the groom was being received and later during the engagement ceremony. Varun and Paro make an endearing couple.
tvbug2011 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Arhi_2205

Great post

Thanks, Arhi.😊
tvbug2011 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Skyfall

Love the way you have described this!

Beautiful words! 👏

It was only as the groom's blindfold was removed and he opened his eyes, that Rudra turned his own away. A telling flinch, that. Claps 👏to the direction.  What, one wonders, did Rudra not want to see or not want to reveal? 

^ Completely in love with this!! Our Rudra made sure he didn't catch a glimpse of him.

Thanks. 😊 

It was almost as if Rudra couldn't meet his eyes. After all he'd (dare I say it) lusted after the man's bride-to-be. Lovely touches, these.
tvbug2011 thumbnail
Originally posted by: bkamber

Nicely described. Enjoy reading your posts.
Parvati said "ayke minut" when she went to get the shawl.
I would have expected  "rukhyae".  😊

Rudra is silently observing.  He clenches his jaw when Parvati's name is mentioned during the "welcome the groom" ceremony.
He is also observing the swiftness of the sword cutting the cloth...a little too perfect for an ordinary man.  The groom is trained in military ways...me thinks.

Thank you.

Well spotted! Wonder if the aik minut was deliberate or a lapse.

@ Bold. Aha!! 👏 That's brilliant! I thought that challenge seemed a little out of place. But you're right it's a perfect way to reveal military training.
Skyfall thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: tvbug2011

Thanks. 😊 

It was almost as if Rudra couldn't meet his eyes. After all he'd (dare I say it) lusted after the man's bride-to-be. Lovely touches, these.

I agree! It was as if he didn't want to picture the groom. Wanted to have no connection with him.
tvbug2011 thumbnail
Originally posted by: showviewer

Lovely! Enjoyed reading the post. Sanaya did look beautiful but what touched me were her shy gazes both when the groom was being received and later during the engagement ceremony. Varun and Paro make an endearing couple.

Thank you.😊 And for pointing out the Varun-Paro courtship. It really was endearing. They seem to suit so well. I'm actually quite surprised that the PH hasn't dismissed this pair perfunctorily but invested in their fledgling romance. And Varun and Paro make their Jodi seem very, very credible.