Mahabharat
Mahabharat

**Draupadi** (Page 2)

Intrepida IF-Sizzlerz
Intrepida
Intrepida

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the story...
I had started a topic for Draupadi long time back, since you are a mod, you figure what to merge and what not...:)

The two most important men in her life were Arjun and Shri Krishna, her relationship with Shri Krishna shows that despite being a man and woman they were very good friends, not related but she needed someone the most, he came to her help!

In my opinion and what I have heard and agree with is that the Mahabharat war happened mostly because of her upmaan, because when society can not respect a woman, that society needs cleansing, even if it means destruction of that society and making a new society. 

As per The Garuda Purana Draupadi is the incarnation of Bharati-Devi, The Consort of Lord Vayu. 
As per Narada and Vayu Puranas, Draupadi was composite Avatar of Goddesses Shyamala (wife of Dharma), Bharati (Wife of Vayu), Sachi (wife of Indra), Usha (wife of Ashwinis) and hence married their earthly counterparts in the form of the five Pandavas. 
Enraged at a jest by Parvati, Shyamala, Sachi and Usha, Brahma cursed them to human birth. 
Parvati thought of the solution wherein they will be born as one woman, Draupadi and hence share the earthly body for a smaller period of time. 
They requested Bharati to be with them in their human birth. 
Draupadi's characteristic fight against injustice reflects Parvati or her Shakti, Kali inhabiting Draupadi's mortal flesh at times. 
At other times, Draupadi was docile and even waited to be rescued (as in case of Jayadratha and Jatasura) showing the qualities of other goddesses like Sachi and Usha. 
Other times, she showed astuteness in hiding their true identity and asking Vayu putra Bhima to kill the evil Keechaka like Goddess Bharati would. 
Draupadi was also avatar of Goddess Shree or Wealth who was joint wife to five Indras, aka Five Pandavas. 
She was to be born several times for imprisoning the Indras. First time was as Vedavati who cursed Ravana (who is another goddess Avatar Swaha, wife to Agni). She then came again as Maya-Sita especially to take revenge from Ravana while Agni hid the real Sita. 
Third one was partial either Damyanti (whose husband Nala was equivalent to Dharma, Vayu, Indra just like the Pandavas) and her daughter Nalayani. 
She married Sage Mudgala. 
The fifth avatar was Draupadi herself. 
So we find in Draupadi, a composite avatar of Kali, Parvati, Sachi, Shyamala, Usha, Bharati, Shree, Swaha, the eight goddesses.

When her husbands retired from the world and went on their journey towards the Himalayas and Indra's heaven, she accompanied them, and was the first to fall on the journey. When Bhim asked Yudhisthir, "This princess never did any sinful act. Then why is she fallen on Earth?" Yudhisthir replied, "Though we were all equal unto her, she had great partiality for Vijayan(Arjuna). She obtains the fruit of that conduct today."

"Beholding his brothers fallen on the Earth, king Yudhishthira the just said unto that deity of a 1,000 eyes these words: My brothers have all dropped down here. They must go with me. Without them by me I do not wish to go to Heaven, O lord of all the deities. The delicate princess (Draupadi) deserving of every comfort, O Purandara, should go with us. It behoveth thee to permit this."

"He also beheld the princess of Panchala, decked in garlands of lotuses. Having attained to Heaven, she was sitting there, endued with a form possessed of solar splendour. King Yudhishthira suddenly wished to question her. Then the illustrious Indra, the chief of the gods, spoke to him, This one is Sree herself. It was for your sake that she took birth, as the daughter of Drupada, among human beings, issuing not from any mother's womb, O Yudhishthira, endued with agreeable perfume and capable of delighting the whole world. For your pleasure, she was created by the wielder of the trident. She was born in the race of Drupada and was enjoyed by you all."

Edited by Intrepida - 08 January 2014 at 5:55am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12RosChel.LobsterLOVE.GOLD

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 11:20pm | IP Logged
^^ The above mentioned link shows the topic was made 4 months back. Since then there isn't much activity in that. If it was active currently, I wouldn't have made  anew topic. Where as this topic is for the character entering soon in this show. Hope this answers your post. 

Edited by mnx12 - 07 January 2014 at 11:18pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RosChel.LobsterIntrepida

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
@splashrain, sabhyata, ifians, Amor, simplysappy, Rushika, thsnks for liking this info. 
She is an important character in MB, so introducing her officially is a must.LOL

amritatRosChel.Lobster

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 11:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Manojie

Is there a source to the cup story? Very interesting. Never heard of it before. 
The link is the source for the cup story. But I had read a simillar story in a book having all the stories related to Bheem in MB. Him killing Jarasandh, marrying Hidimba, Ghatotkach etc.( Had read this during school days & lost the book during vacation, so couldn't give you the auther's name now.)
That story was- Once Bheem doubted Draupadi. He asked Krishna about this. Krishna asked Bheem to accompany him that night. Both after walking for a long time, reached deserted place. Krishna told him we'll be hiding behind a wall & not to come out under any circumstances & just watch whatever happens quietly.
After some time, Draupadi came there, her hair were open. She collected wood sticks & lighted a fire, entered inside the fire. Asked loudly, is there anyone present here? Ask whatever you want, I'll grant your wish. Krishna signaled Bheem, he remained hiding only, spoke loudly, 5 Pandavas & mata Kunti should be excluded from you Khappar (bowl). She agreed. Then she came out of the fire & went back. 
Krishna explained to Bheem, Draupadi is a Shakti, born to reduce burden of Earth. After spending her time with one of the Pandava bro, she always does Agni-snan before going to the next bro. 

Edited by mnx12 - 08 January 2014 at 12:24am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shivpriyaManojieamritatmythili2

Pikachu_007 IF-Dazzler
Pikachu_007
Pikachu_007

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 1:40am | IP Logged
so yudirespected draupadi most

lovesunshinemnx12

rose_jasmine Groupbie
rose_jasmine
rose_jasmine

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 2:03am | IP Logged
thanks for the info ..

i wish cvs will do juctices to draupadi character. she was most misunterdstood character..many people think that she was jealous , arrogant and rude actually she was not like that. otherwise lord krishnna won't accept her as his sister.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

lovesunshinemnx12amritat

mythili2 IF-Sizzlerz
mythili2
mythili2

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 2:05am | IP Logged
thanks fr sharing minaxiBig smile... cup of blood story is interesting never heard of it before...Smile..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12

Misanthrope. IF-Stunnerz
Misanthrope.
Misanthrope.

TSMSP,Porus, Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki BC Winner

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 2:17am | IP Logged
Very very interesting...loved the second article in particular. I was completely unaware of it.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12

Go to top