A tale of two relationships (Page 2)

-CrazySobtian- IF-Rockerz

Captain Dhaniya, Pedantic Captain

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 11:49am | IP Logged
nice post NB!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

opsyellow IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
I really have a great respect for those people who agree to have arranged marriage. Its really hard to believe how someone can say yes to a relationship where future can take any turn, but again is there any relationship with 100% of security?
But I have to chose between Paro' & Varun or Rudra and Laila, I will chose Rudra's and Laila's because there you know what future holds

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Arhi_2205 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
Nice post

serialjunkie IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
very apt parallel analogy , NB sa

on to serious wala fart.

Marriage is a gamble - period. 
Arranged or love - it doesn't matter. Happiness is not a guarantee in either case nor is one better than the other. 

How many times we hear of couples who live in a relationship for years, get married and the marriage crumbles faster than the melting snow caps

How many times we hear of couples who got in an arranged marriage and fell head over heels in love afterward.

The truth is, living with another person, sharing the rest of your life with them, sharing your deepest hopes fears dreams and a future is a big stakes game and you hope the other person is just as invested in the relationship as you are. 

Marriage changes the level of commitment even for relationships that have been lived-in for years. There is a certain accountability and permanence that can change the basic dynamics of that relationship. The best of lived-in relationships can crumble under the pressure. 

Marriage is not for everyone, and everyone should not embark on it unless you are sure of making it work. Its better to be in a live-in and be happy than marry and make a muck of it for all. Ok, these are not conventional views nor are they acceptable in most societies - so its not practical or in many cases advisable to tell people to seek love first. 

I don't think we can declare with finality one form is better than the other, because happiness comes in many shapes and forms and what makes me happy may make others miserable. very subjective.

Edited by serialjunkie - 07 January 2014 at 1:36pm

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

yoga123 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
Well said......one of my friend used to say that arranged marriage is a gamble, if you are lucky you will get a good husband...I remembered her words while watching today's episode...felt very bad for Paro...she is so innocent, looking forward for a new phase of her life with lot of hope not knowing who the other person...Rudra-Laila are in a better place in their relationship...they know what they want from each other...

Edited by yoga123 - 07 January 2014 at 1:33pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

princessunara IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
well Paro-Vishal union is short lived as it is.. anyway I have reason to believe that arranged marriages sometimes work better than love marriages, its just luck how any of them turns out...

But here when we do arranged marriages once the kundalis checking business is over u get to meet n decide if u r actually are compatible n date for a while n see (really date i mean).. then only take the plunge.. (lol this is what i expect i will do too in the coming year or two.. so i am much more receptive to the ideaLOL)

in such rural villages as shown here though, its quite common as well as success rate is very high for arranged marriages over love marriages even when this extreme things happen..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

butterfly15.. Goldie

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 1:39pm | IP Logged
Whether it's an arranged marriage or a love marriage, the mistake a lot of people make is believing that it's some sort of Shahrukh Khan romantic film, where you just sing and dance all day long and the man sweeps you off your feet, quite literally.. 

Yes marriage is a beautiful thing, but people should be realistic, It can be romantic, but nothing is always perfect, I mean does someone really just want to stare into another persons eyes for 10 minutes?LOL

These days I feel like more love marriages fall apart than arranged marriages, at least that's the case in the West sadly. 

Edited by butterfly15.. - 07 January 2014 at 1:36pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

amaia IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
nice post...Smile

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels

Rangrasiya Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index