Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

BOI-Dhoom 3 heading for 270-275 cr lifetime collections - Page 9

Che.Guevara thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
This content was originally posted by: LangdaTyagi

on Aamir topic..Aamir fanπŸ˜†

Anyway we both are upset our favorites aren't doing quality film, hopefully Raees and Peekay can bring that back mate 

I know you would  take Raees( great content) over CE despite even  collecting less , same here mate. I am not really bothered about numbers,  that's just for fun.  I didn't became a fan of Aamir because the film collected this much.

Both SRK and Aamir are very good  actors, they should do better than this. πŸ˜†

Any day πŸ˜† u right bro πŸ‘πŸΌ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-chamkilli- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: cpatel90

Aamir fans have forgotten what happened to Talaash ( even though it was a great film).

BTW a major credit of Dhoom 3's success goes to the franchise and not any actor.

SRK is certainly going to be the villain of D 4 or may be D 5. YRF never considered him for D 3 as they will cast him later to make their franchise bigger because he is a bigger star than Aamir.

Talaash wasn't everyone's cup of tea. So you're saying if amrish puri or any other actor was in the place of Aamir, D3 would still cross 500 crores worldwide, because hey it's the dhoom franchise. I would love to see that happen. 

Last but not the least, I don't need SRK Fans 2 bash Anyone... I bash whoever Bash Salman & This forum is a proof as Nobody has based SRK more than I bashed him here, u calling Salman fans like this is IRONY.

I bash everybody too. In fact, thats all I do up here. πŸ˜†

I didn't mean aukaat in a derogatory manner! It's just a term of speech.

I'm just surprised at everyone bringing all these excuses in too demean what D3 has done. YRF increases its tickets with all holiday big releases. They did it with ETT and JTHJ too. Its a known fact, so you bringing that in is unexpected and disappointing.

This content was originally posted by: Bossman

I bash everybody too. In fact, thats all I do up here. πŸ˜†

I didn't mean aukaat in a derogatory manner! It's just a term of speech.

I'm just surprised at everyone bringing all these excuses in too demean what D3 has done. YRF increases its tickets with all holiday big releases. They did it with ETT and JTHJ too. Its a known fact, so you bringing that in is unexpected and disappointing.

See this is it, selective amnesia πŸ˜†
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: Bossman

Why u so much pissed at ppl talking about D3 when u urself said u have bashed like the same way?

Dhoom 3 tickets were no where close 2 what ETT or even JTHJ(competition with SOS), i am not bringing all this, it is aamir fan like LightHearted who is saying ke Aamir ne LUNGI(SRK) & SHIRT(Salman) ki phaad di, ab aamir fans ne phaadi hai, silwaane bhi unhi ke paas aayenge na hum πŸ˜†
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: Piyatrix

See this is it, selective amnesia πŸ˜†

Gadha / Losers / Hypocrisy & now this word? Does Aamir fans are now showing their real colors?

Show me 1 single article which says ETT TICKET was 900 rs? ETT ticket price was raised for WEEKEND that was only 10-12%, that also was no benefit coz 1st 5 days of ETT was Ramzaan period.

Next time, Aamir fans should open a Dispensary in forum as they are expert in all kind of diseases they are referring for fans out here are having πŸ˜†
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: cpatel90

Aamir fans have forgotten what happened to Talaash ( even though it was a great film).

BTW a major credit of Dhoom 3's success goes to the franchise and not any actor.

SRK is certainly going to be the villain of D 4 or may be D 5. YRF never considered him for D 3 as they will cast him later to make their franchise bigger because he is a bigger star than Aamir.

Talash didn't work because of the subject and because it was promoted as a THRILLER while it was a psychic movie...should have been promoted in a different genre and it would have done wonders...It has nothing to do with Aamir...Talaash made 90 cr because of brand Aamir...I agree with you that it was a wonderful movie...I loved it...but also Akshay's movie had released after a week of Talaash...

Secondly...The credit for D3 making 250 crores belongs to Aamir...Yes D3 would have made a huge amount without Aamir too because of the brand Dhoom...but it wouldn't have made 250 crores for sure...

Another thing is that ...Any of the 3 Khans...Aamir, Shahrukh or Salman would have given the same BO number with D3...there is no doubt in my mind about that...DHOOM+ANY KHAN would have made 250 cr plus...but D3 belongs only and only to Aamir...

And all those making fun of Shahrukh...kiss duniya mein rehte ho...In which world is a BO figure of 227 crores is worthy of being made fun...kuchh bhi
This content was originally posted by: Mr.KaminA

Why u so much pissed at ppl talking about D3 when u urself said u have bashed like the same way?

Dhoom 3 tickets were no where close 2 what ETT or even JTHJ(competition with SOS), i am not bringing all this, it is aamir fan like LightHearted who is saying ke Aamir ne LUNGI(SRK) & SHIRT(Salman) ki phaad di, ab aamir fans ne phaadi hai, silwaane bhi unhi ke paas aayenge na hum πŸ˜†

Multiplexes to hike ticket prices for Ek Tha Tiger

VICKEY LALWANI, Mumbai Mirror Aug 7, 2012, 10.03AM IST
Tags:
  • Salman Khan|
  • Ek Tha Tiger|
  • Bollywood
(Salman Khan in Ek Tha Tiger...)

Websites had started pre-booking shows a month before Salman Khan's much-awaited Eid release Ek Tha Tiger was scheduled to hit the theatres on August 15. And now, TOI has learnt that most multiplexes have decided to hike the ticket prices by as much as 12-16 percent.

Pricing tickets higher for certain films or during special occasions like Diwali and New Year is not uncommon. In fact, earlier Salman releases Ready and Bodyguard had been priced higher than regular rates. However, a 12-16 percent hike is unprecedented.

Explaining the hike, an insider said, "Most multiplexes rolled back the ticket prices (ref. Mirror, May 3, 2012) a few months ago. So, a 12-16 percent hike will come out to be about Rs 20. Which is fair. After all it is the festive season. People are willing to shell out extra money for a Salman film especially during Eid. The multiplexes have taken this decision after a lot of research."

Confirming the development, Anand Vishal, Head of Operations, Fun Cinemas told us, "Nationally, the price will rise by about Rs 20 per ticket. After all it is a premium product. This kind of thing is done during festive seasons. And today Salman films demand higher premium than before."

The price hike will however, not be the same in every theatre. Areas where there is more than one multiplex, will see a 12 percent hike in ticket price. While areas, with fewer theatre options will see as much as a 16 percent rise. And this will apply to all major cities in the country.

Harshavardhan Gangurde, Vice President (Marketing), Inox Cinemas said, "We haven't decided the exact amount by which we shall raise the ticket price. But we will soon. Ek Tha Tiger is a blockbuster."

And his thoughts are reiterated by several other theatre owners who have allocated as much as 95% of the shows for the YRF film. Vishal confirmed that as far as Fun Cinemas is concerned, "At least 90 percent of the shows have been allocated to Ek Tha Tiger."

However, most single screens have decided to maintain the ticket prices. Like, for one, Manoj Desai, owner of Gaiety-Galaxy, told us, "I have never hiked ticket prices. I am not doing it for Ek Tha Tiger either. But I must tell you, I have full confidence in this film."

The article clearly states Salman hikes his film rates too, for all holiday releases. If a film releases on any of the big holidays, the prices are hiked but only for the weekend and the said holiday. It doesn't matter if the film is Dhoom 3 or ETT or Agneepath. They all sell tickets at premium prices.

So you can't claim ticket hike was the reason for Dhoom 3's unparalleled business.
-chamkilli- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: Mr.KaminA

Gadha / Losers / Hypocrisy & now this word? Does Aamir fans are now showing their real colors?

Show me 1 single article which says ETT TICKET was 900 rs? ETT ticket price was raised for WEEKEND that was only 10-12%, that also was no benefit coz 1st 5 days of ETT was Ramzaan period.

Next time, Aamir fans should open a Dispensary in forum as they are expert in all kind of diseases they are referring for fans out here are having πŸ˜†

Was ETT released in imax format, I think not.