India-Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

I hear you Sandy!

MisscoolEyes Goldie
MisscoolEyes
MisscoolEyes

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 5:32pm | IP Logged
It was her dream! It was always about her dream! She wanted to live this DREAM!! No second thoughts about it. But then, why is she behaving like this lost, life-less, purpose-less person in the training academy! Didn't she have to hit the target right from day-1? Didn't she have to be on cloud nine and all cheerful and bubbly and enjoyed this moment?? Hmmm, let me think! 

We have long back established the fact that Sandhya is a proper Rathi now and she loves and cares for Sooraj and Bhabho and Babasa atleast if not everyone else. The girl is moving out her "Comfort zone"( yeah Sandy is cool that way! She considers Bhabo's presence as a comfort!!LOL). And then there is this little emotion of this being her parents dream as well and that they didn't live long enough to see this. Add to that, it's now SOORAJ's dream too! and now Bhabo wants her to win the best cadet trophy! The Sandy we knew from the past would have jumped at the mention on another challenge from Bhabo! But Cadet Sandhya is confused and helpless. 

What has happended to Sandhya is what happens to the best of us! She is on an emotional roller-coaster! She has to live without her family and loving husband for 11-months! She is missing her parents! She had always dreamt of this, but the reality and the difficulties associated with it are striking her now! She looks around and nothing is easy! ofcourse, she didn't expect it to a cake-walk, but the sheer introduction to this reality can be overwhelming! And then she is also happy that she is actually living her dream. And then there is a little bit of thought process that, is this all worth it if at the end of the day, she doesn't have the people she loves and cares about around her to celebrate her success! And then the all new pressure from Bhabo to win the trophy! And a husband who tells her that he was scared of her when she was in the uniform( He has to live with it for the vast majority of his future life!)..

With so much happening around her, how can she be normal and energetic? Isn't the sheer amount of things changing around her both physically and emotionally too overwhelming for her to take it all in a day?? Yeah, I hear you Sandy!! But you go gal!! Go for it!!

P.S. :- loved Deepika's portrayal of this version of Sandy as well!!

Edited by MisscoolEyes - 06 January 2014 at 5:30pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

shehjarRajeshree53.kat.SuryaIshraholicUMDUl-NiklausFan-l.NJ.-Liebe-shruthiraviDivz.thala

.NJ. IF-Sizzlerz
.NJ.
.NJ.

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 7:05pm | IP Logged
nice take naina...

though we complain so much about Sandy, actually she is a pitiful character...so many times she was about to let go her dreams for family sake...now it is in front of her eyes and family support is there but many things as you mentioned above are bothering her...but she has to overcome it and she will...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

.kat.UMDU-Liebe-thala

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 7:10pm | IP Logged
Welcome back Naina. I have also just come back after a sabbatical. Very nice post as usual. However I have a slightly different take on it. The civil services exam which extends over a period of one year gives you enough time to think a 100 times whether you are up to it or not. It is right from the time of filling up of the form made explicitly clear that you can be posted any where by the government if selected. With this back drop to be confused or weak hearted or over whelmed does not make sense to me at least. Either you are up to it or not. Did Sandhya not envisage a separation when she pursued her dreams...is this separation aspect a new discovery...Shocked While wanting to serve the country any where any time is it right to kowtow to Bhabo's demand for winning the trophy for a Pushkar posting. How far will Sandhya keep bending before Bhabo overlooking the pledges she makes as an IPS officer. If Sandhya is so besotted by Bhabo is it right on her part to start her training with a heart full of dilemmas family or profession...All cadets who come to Hyderabad are mostly first timers...Sandhya is not the only one. Being nervous is one thing but to take Bhabo's dictates and unreasonable demands without a whimper of protest clearly does not reflect on a bright future for a young IPS officer. To respect elders is not wrong but here Sandhya should be shown making a clear choice between which will get priority in her life the nation or her family.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

.kat.shruthiravi.NJ.-Liebe-thala

.kat. Goldie
.kat.
.kat.

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 7:10pm | IP Logged
Nice post naina!
Yes, poor girl, full of conflicting emotions, but she will get a hold of herself n do well! 

One thing, I wish it was babho who had said that she is scared of sandy when she sees her in uniform and not suraj!!

Edited by ..PT.. - 06 January 2014 at 7:16pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.NJ.thala

.kat. Goldie
.kat.
.kat.

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 7:18pm | IP Logged
@umdu ji,
In dabh sandhya upsc exam was done in a few weeks! So she didnt have enough time to prepare mentally for separation!LOL N she was too busy getting RW n all!

Maybe sandhya envisioned a separation n is now perturbed that babho wants her to stay in pushkar?? Babho is even taking over the police academy.LOL 

N we have to wait till singh works her magic on sandy to erase all the brainwashing by babho! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.NJ.thala

..Anusha.. IF-Sizzlerz
..Anusha..
..Anusha..

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 7:21pm | IP Logged
Nothing at all wrong with Deepika's portrayal of this out of this world Sandy. None of us have to deal with so many taking over our lives and adopting our dreams as their own.  Hi Naina. 

I want to ask Deepika how she manages to tread this no man/woman's land of not being able to breathe for so long. It's enough to drive one insane. 

My main grouse is that Bhabo has taken over the show when she should not be anywhere in the academy. But I suppose that is me being irrational. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.kat..NJ.thala

thala IF-Addictz
thala
thala

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 8:23pm | IP Logged
nice post dear

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.NJ.

-Liebe- IF-Sizzlerz
-Liebe-
-Liebe-

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
actually she has to give priority to nation first.if she gives then no bhabo drama,rm drama,so for trp.nation+family dual priority s ON for now.it may change later.

Go to top