India-Forums

Rangrasiya
Rangrasiya

Coming of age- Musings (Page 3)

opsyellow IF-Sizzlerz
opsyellow
opsyellow

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 3:13pm | IP Logged

I agree with your post completely.  Sad that we still can't talk about sex without being judged by some no matter if you are married or not.

I like Rudra's character every much.  He is like any other men in his situation and Laila seems to work fine with him and I don't mind that all. But looking forward to see him with Paro in same scene because that will just awesomeBlushing

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vena.cava.tvbug2011Sultan_Of_Swing

-MIMOSA- Goldie
-MIMOSA-
-MIMOSA-

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 3:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

1. Back in the late 90s Indian television was very progressive. We had good shows, that showed life for what it was. One of my all time favorite shows those days (even to date) was Saans; a show on how an extra marital affair embraced by a husband breaks his family apart. the subject was handled with sensitivity, but maturity & realistically. There was a scene where the husband and wife both parents to children who were in the teens initiate sex (hope mods allow the usage of the word here). Although it was only inferred upon but still it told the audience what they needed to know.

Move forward 10 years and we are now at a time where television is extremely conservative about showing anything that might upset the majority of the audience, to the point where married couples are shown to be celibates. I never understood the reasons behind something like this. Sex isnt bad. Yes, showing scenes of a sexual nature on prime time television is wrong, but to drag it to the point where married couples were shown as celibates was very very amusing.

On that note I'm glad that the makers of RR and its actors decided to take the bold step of showing Rudra's & laila's relationship for what it was- a pre-marital sex based relationship.

2. Secondly i find it amusing that people are calling Rudra's character deela. why? Because he is in a mutually beneficial relationship with an adult woman? How does that make him flawed? By all means he is flawed because he hates women, doesnt treat them well, uses violence and aggression while dealing with people he doesnt like. But to embrace a sex based relationship with another adult woman doesnt make his character deela. well, at least not according to me.

3. Ankita as Laila surprised me. Lets just say that I didnt like her in Amrith manthan, so i was pleasantly surprised by her in RR. however I find her potrayal of Laila, completely vampish. maybe thats how the character is meant to be. The PH's casting director deserves a pat on his/her shoulders.

4. The stage is set, the characters, their past, their motivations, their conflicts, their beliefs have all been established. Now its time for the Big wedding and for Rudra & Paro's life to change forever.

Feel free to agree or disagree respectfully.

P.S- a humorous take on today's episode will follow tonight or tomorrow morning.

Thumbs Up...Agree with you totally...
TV people need to be more realistic and take things more maturely and gracefully...
I am not saying that they should show explicit sex scenes but avoiding it like a plague doesn't help either...  
NB...Loved your funny posts...and looking forward for more...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

spate22Sultan_Of_Swing

nazca IF-Dazzler
nazca
nazca

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 3:24pm | IP Logged
I have never been a into TV except watching cricket and news. SoI am not aware of any shows you stated, but after watching the show only thing which crossed is hopefully no sevas or sangams or kazagams burn or sue the channel or ph or cvs or telling that they are encouraging the premarital sex and depicting girl initiating and seducing.

I really liked the bold move made by Laila and how neutrally he accepted the move.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sultan_Of_Swing

Kangto09 Groupbie
Kangto09
Kangto09

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 3:39pm | IP Logged
Completely agree that 2 grown adults consenting to sex isn't bad. Laila will be a fun character and adds an edge to the show. I will probably come to dislike her eventually but I am currently really enjoying her character. I just hope the show keeps its edge intact and doesn't pander to TRPs/ aunties. No Saas/sasur-bahu/family craziness. Keep it high quality story-wise. Personally all of this is very tame for me as I am a big Game of Thrones fan but India is conservative and I think this is hopefully far more acceptable to the audience. Eventually, I hope the country matures so they can show realistic kisses between two loving, consenting couples.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

tvbug2011.FemmeFatale.Sultan_Of_Swingsonia_1

.FemmeFatale. IF-Sizzlerz
.FemmeFatale.
.FemmeFatale.

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kangto09

Completely agree that 2 grown adults consenting to sex isn't bad. Laila will be a fun character and adds an edge to the show. I will probably come to dislike her eventually but I am currently really enjoying her character. I just hope the show keeps its edge intact and doesn't pander to TRPs/ aunties. No Saas/sasur-bahu/family craziness. Keep it high quality story-wise. Personally all of this is very tame for me as I am a big Game of Thrones fan but India is conservative and I think this is hopefully far more acceptable to the audience. Eventually, I hope the country matures so they can show realistic kisses between two loving, consenting couples.

Spot on! Not one word I could disagree with! Clap As  far as the last bit goes,wishful thinking! LOL The central audience will always be the same. We can only hope. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sultan_Of_Swing

Aparamegha IF-Dazzler
Aparamegha
Aparamegha

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 3:59pm | IP Logged
Excellent post Kripa...

I agree... having physical relation with a woman who is equally consenting doesnt make him characterless..he is not married or committed so there is nothing wrong rather he is a breath of fresh air compared to some goody heroes that Indian audience seem to worship...I hope and pray that the makers stick to this portrayal and show the gradual change in him and not rush...

Edited by Aparamegha - 06 January 2014 at 3:58pm

tvbug2011Sultan_Of_Swing

Pashna IF-Dazzler
Pashna
Pashna

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 4:10pm | IP Logged
This PH is giving me more and more high hopes for high quality show...I mean in TV only thing acceptable till now is attraction,marriage and no sex till 1 yr and then with permission from elders some ocational hay sexConfused these shows also tend to have high trpOuch  thank god Rudra is a normal man grown up under tough conditions. Thanks Cvs and PH.

Edited by Pashna - 06 January 2014 at 4:08pm

spate22Sultan_Of_Swing

InvisibleSmile IF-Rockerz
InvisibleSmile
InvisibleSmile

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
I completely agree with your post. There is consent from both sides and they are both adults. There is nothing wrong with it. I like that the creatives are willing to be bold and show something realistic.

Edited by InvisibleSmile - 06 January 2014 at 5:40pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

spate22Sultan_Of_SwingFAYKHAN29

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Rangrasiya Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index