Hunk Alert (Interview wid Vivian)

SheDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

If looks could kill, says Bindi Shah, the handsome Vivian Dsena with his molten chocolate-brown eyes, beatific smile and cheery persona would be courting law cases every day of his swelling television career! (So true)

Everyone who knew that I was on my way to meet with this head-turner of the small screen, almost screamed with jealousy. I agree that he is quite a looker, but what is with all the girls!? Remember, he is taken!

Somehow I seemed to have under-
estimated the extent of his dashing looks and friendly manner. A few minutes into my interview with Vivian Dsena, aka RK of Madhubala - Ek Ishq, Ek Junoon',
and I find that he is a complete package of attraction - relaxed manner, dashing personality, cheeky but cultured
talker - that makes him even more
affable than his stumping good looks.

8 From a Gladrags model to playing a successful super-star on the small screen, pun intended...
I was a model, never thought of becoming an actor; just went with the flow and I thought this was my destiny so I might as well follow it.
I started off my television career with Kasam Se' playing Ram Kapoor's son. After that I did a show on Colors, it was an afternoon slot - called Ganga'. Then I did the vampire show Pyaar Ki Kahani' on Star One and now Madhubala...' I gave a random audition at Balaji Telefilms. After that they called me for the lead role in some show, which got scrapped. But I did play Vicky Walia in Kasam Se' and I've been here ever since.

8You are also the most searched profile on FB. How does it feel to be a statistic...
Am I? (looks surprised) Honestly, I don't know that. Trust me, I don't go on FB and I didn't know this. I just know that one of the fan pages have got like, lakhs and lakhs of fans.

8What have been your biggest losses and gains along the way?
I think all I have lost is that I don't spend the same amount of time with my family as I did before. But that follows with the kind of work profile I have, the kind of job I have. It pinches you at times that you don't have enough time with family, you are working a lot. But then you win some, you lose some.
My best gain till date is Madhubala...' But more than that, I am thankful for a very beautiful wife who has been my backbone. She supported me in the days when actually no one had faith in me as an actor. Vahbiz and I met on the sets of Pyaar Ki Kahani' and that is when the wonderful phase of my life started. She is a very understanding wife and she knows my job. She handles things, and most importantly she knows how to handle me which can be quite a difficult task, I believe.

8You don't seem like a very difficult guy; in fact you seem pretty relaxed.
My aura is relaxed, my body is not (winks)!
I'm quite a crazy blend... fun elements, boring elements; I have a lot of shades in real life too. I'm very boring at times, very quiet at times, very fun-loving at times, very serious and way immature than my wife.

8Speaking of which, you tied the knot too soon in terms of your age and career compared to the norm these days...
I feel marriage doesn't have any connection with being old or young.

8But younger people don't want to tie the knot soon...
I would like to correct that sentence - people don't find the right person. Who doesn't want to be married? Maybe there are a few people who want to chill all their life, be single all their life, but majority of the people want to get married. I think you should find the correct partner, the soul-mate you should get married to. God has been kind, I found one and got married instantly. You get to know when it has arrived...
I know it's a very big decision when you are 24 and you have to get married. It's the perception people live with ki yaar tu chaubees saal ka hai aur shaadi kar raha hai... you've bloody lost it, you don't wanna enjoy your life?'
I haven't understood the concept of enjoying your life being single. You can enjoy your life with a partner and I think you enjoy it more with a partner. I think you would never want to go to a beautiful island by yourself, sitting on a beach all alone. I would never do that. If you have a partner it's more fun; I'm quite a family man that way.

8And does that come in the way of you becoming a bigger star?
Firstly, I don't consider myself to be a star. I am an actor and with a very definite approach towards his audience for entertainment. I have to learn a lot, this is just the beginning.
God's been kind to me. Honestly, I never thought that I could act. It started off as an internship, turned into an experience and finally has become my passion now. Total on the job training.
Secondly, my goal is not to become a star - that is in fact the audiences' approach towards you... Okay, this guy is a star'. To me, I don't know what a star means. I don't know whether I will reach there, especially since I don't have a goal that says that by 2015 I should be a film star.

8But you must be looking at films too, right?
Of course, if you ask any actor, everyone wants to be seen on the 70 mm screen. And eventually an actor works for that. But I don't have any specific plans. I believe a lot in destiny. And I think someone, somewhere in this film industry will like my face and acting skills and might just cast me in one of the upcoming films.

8...Playing semi negative characters, the brooding guy, as you have done in most of your shows?
I am going to reveal a secret " I play the angriest man on TV but I have a lot of control over my anger. No matter how pissed I am I never get angry or worked up. Unless there is a situation which has gone out of my hand and I really lose it, which happens like, once in seven years. I think the last time I got angry was in class XI which was about 8-9 years back.
People - the makers - think that I look good when I'm angry. The world is full of contradictions and no matter how normal we behave, people like abnormal things.

8Of all the characters you have played, which one do you most relate to?
I have no relation to any of my characters, the moment it's pack-up I'm my own person again.
But I wish I could be a vampire, help a lot of people, go flying all over the place.

8Madhubala...' is a successful show. How much credit would you share with your very popular and successful co-star - Drashti?
The first credit should go to Mr. Saurabh Tiwari and Abhinav Shukla for producing a show like this on television and at such a larger than life scale of production, which is not practically possible on television because of budget constraints. They have spent all the money they possibly could on the show, they have maintained the quality and they have made lives. They made me popular, they made Drashti popular, they made Bittuji popular although he was already famous, Rakhi's comeback on television was with Madhubala...'
I would give credit to not only Drashti but all my co-actors and technicians and most importantly I would like to thank the light-men and the spot-boys who work harder than us. See, I can come and chill in my room, these guys are working continuously; they are lifting lights, stands, properties. They come one hour before me and leave an hour after me.

8Being a heartthrob and not being known by your own name. How does that feel?
I don't feel insecure or bad about it because the real fact is that Vivian Dsena is RK. There is no other RK. Till then I was Abhay Raichand. I think it's a very big high for an actor to be known by his character name because there are hundreds of television shows and people don't even know what you do on the show. And people come and talk to me and ask, Ab aapne aisa kiya toh kya hoga?'
And I'm proud that I am convinc-
ing enough as RK the superstar
in an industry which was established by RK!

PS- LOL yahan bhi iska spot boy lub. Oh he is so down to earth and adorable and shockingly hardly gets angry. And is actually doing tareef of ST and AS.. Just like me wnts to be a vampire. May our wishes come true πŸ˜†
Edited by SheDevil - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xxAqeelahxx thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Wow awesome interview!! he is so down to earth person ! He even gives credit to light men and spot boys :) 
and i agree with the vampy even i would like to be vampire :) 

Thanks for sharing this awesome interview!
..Razia.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I have no words for this man !!!!!!!!!!
I love uuu so much❀️
chirpyhapibird thumbnail
Did  Vd  Indirectly  Say  that  Makers are  Abnormal.
Good  Job  Vd
.Lonewalker. thumbnail
He still wants to be a vampire Looks like he knows how much we miss him as our hotti vampire πŸ˜† & may be (sochne pe tax toh nahi lagteπŸ˜†) he too misses Abhay 😳 This part made me nostalgic .

& I loooved the whole interview 😳 Vivu u rock man ! Till now I hv never seen any actor giving credit to spot boys , light men...loved ur gesture . U r so down to earth , honest & sweet person 😳 Love u ❀️
chirpyhapibird thumbnail
I think  he  dedicated  this  interview  to  charu.
See he is still  Complaining for  Family  Time🀣
SheDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
now who is charu ??πŸ˜•πŸ˜†
UDEY thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Tfs πŸ˜Š
Vivian always comes through as such a down to earth person 😳 ... and kudos to his Acting β­οΈ
Killer_DeviL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Wow
Love yewww Vivian Dsena ❀️
Blue_Scrubs thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
tfs...that was a good interview!!! πŸ˜ƒ