Rangrasiya

Chapter-6- Rudra-Paro: Woh sabki hai, aur wo kisi ka nahin.

MoronsKiMallika thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

"Its the eve of her wedding. She slips effortlessly into a shimmering red adornment. She twirls, swirls in the dreams of a fairytale. A plastic nerolac blue makkhan-makkhi takes her to the window. And her eyes goggle like those of Peter Pan. The one who has come knocking at her door is not her Beend Sa... He is her... PRINCE HARMING"... Ahh, destiny has to be the greatest story teller ever. πŸ˜†

Before i put cyberspace to use for Thakur Sa and Thakurain Sa ka Mombatti-cum-Gramophone romance and Rudra's swag in the desert and Kesari Laal pe hue jullam-sittam, can I just point out the STARK difference between Rudra and Paro apart from their complexion , jawline and gender? Thank you. 

Paro is COMPASSION PERSONIFIED. I mean, just look at this non-plastic and non-blue butterfly. She loves everyone - she has so much affection, compassion and innocence to give. She emanates such purity that even ruthless Rudra gets puppy-Rottweiler eyes when he looks at her. Free of malice , pure, flawless and someone who is made TO and FOR love. Matlab ittna pyaar ki iske ghar aap do chakkar kaat aao toh aapko rakhi baandhke ghar pe rakh le. Paro's soul has a sense of BELONGING and that is why everyone, i repeat EVERYONE  loves her. Paro sabkee hai kyunki wo sabko apnaa banaati hai. Her whole persona screams - Run into my arms and we will go jaamun hunting together! ... Yes, she is scared, she is lonely, she is squirming inside, but she chooses the spirit of her soul and the courage of her fragile heart - and hence, that tubelight jaisa shining chehra that even Rudra couldn't help fixating his gaze at. 

And then, we have the ever hawttie, swashbuckling, dust- kicking , Ray Ban obsessed , rugged STONE PERSONIFIED Rudra. He knows only three ways of dealing with things and people:

1. Objectify - Laila. Laila is the biggest example of how Rudra can objectify people. Be of use to me, Get lost. Show up only when i want. 

2. Clinical washout . Killing, whacking ,smacking and no dilation or melting of pupils.Taking a life is as easy as wearing and breaking Ray Bans for Rudra. 

3. Alienate. Na tum kisi ke bano aur na koi tumhaare bane. Sannaata hi sahee, aur ye zindagi yoon hi chalti rahhe. Rudra's love-hate bond with his father, his complete garbage-ing of Laila after use , his cold treatment of people, his non-reaction to emotional advances - Well, such a man can only be ALONE. Like Rudra said today - " Main kisa ka nahin". Point to be noted. Jo chaahta hi nahin kisi ka banna, koi uskaa kya banega? 

So, on one side you have the all-embracing Paro who would embrace the whole world in one bear hug if she could. On the other side is all-blasting Rudra who would put the whole world in front of a firing squad if he could... Hmmm... ye aur baat hai ki Paro ki taraf bandook uthaayo zaroor... lekin golee chali nahin.. Kya hua? " Main kisa ka nahiin' ke bacche? 

For the rest, i really liked the Thakur-Thakurain romance of the 1960s. Thakurain actually loves her husband and her husband loves her too... maybe as long as she does not come in the way of his THAKUR-GIRI . You can expect some 'compartmentalized' love here. Pyaar hai lekin saccha nahin , so when the time comes , you choose yourself, not your lover. Just saying. Waisi waali feeling aayi, issliye bol diyaa.

Kesari Laal? I guess a lot of jullam-sitams are gonna dhaao on this pagdee-dude. Thakur Sa has invested a lot in turning Beerpur into his sultanate , even gone on the devil's side- so you can only imagine who all and what all he can sacrifice to keep that. Paro included. 

Laila? She is a B grade version of Devdas ki Chandramukhi AS OF NOW. She emanates sexuality , allure , devilry - but as of now, she doesn't move you. If Rudra dustbin-izes her, you don't feel bad . Why? Because she is ready to be dustbin-ized. She knows that she has the same value in Rudra's life as a used rum bottle. But she is OK with it. For Rudra, Laila has the same value as the cucumber kept in your fridge right now. And Rudra reminds her again and again - that he will never be hers and he has given her no right. You want to fall into lap , you can. But when i get up, GET OFF MY LAP. Rudra's priorities are pretty clear and if Laila is living in La-La Land , its her problem. 

Lastly,i liked Rudra's use of brains and his Lion-Deception-Hunting dialogue reminded me of a lesson I was taught in my college. Its true. Deception disarms the enemy. Anyway, Aman, AS OF NOW, seems a Rudra Phanboy. 

So, Rudra... what were you saying again?... Main kisi ka nahiin? ...Dude, kabhi aane waala kal ka daawa nahin karte. Kismat bilkul uskaa ultaa kartee hai. Paro tumse bhaagti phirti hai, kal ko tere saath attach ho jaayegi. Tu aaj Rambo banaa phirtaa hai aur kal ko Paro ke upar teri gun toh kya, gun ki pooncch bhi nahin chalegi!

Like seriously. People make tall claims and somewhere fate is rolling on the floor with laughter.

Hai na? 

Edited by MoronsKiMallika - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7
F I R S T
- Un Res - 

YAYAYAYAYA issi kehtey hai Week ki shuruyaat. πŸ˜Ž 

Howdy Vicky Maam? :D 

Haiye haiye kya post hai. πŸ˜³ πŸ‘ Pataka Post. :D

Upar se Dhamakedaar wali episode. :D 

The Makkhi. πŸ₯± 
5cr spend kiya thoda kharcha makkhi pe kyun nahi kiya πŸ˜­ πŸ˜† 

Laila O Laila. 
Humbistar wali dhamki idhar bhi :D But maan what a Kammaaal ka scene. πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
I loved the Laila's costume. Perfect Kothey wali. πŸ˜† 

Thakur-Thakurain Love Story
It was cute though. πŸ˜† 

Paro Darling
Her smile and then the horror stricken face. πŸ‘ 

Rudu Baby 
Y DO I LOVE THIS MAN? PERRRFEECCCTTT 10. 
Like Aman, main bhi isski Phaangurrl bangayi :D 

And Muqqudar Uncle jii, 
Aisa swagat kisine nahi kiya πŸ˜† 
Khud dulhan ko utha kar na leejaye. πŸ˜† 

p.s. Socha tha Laila ko main HATE karungi soocha but aye haiye Billi agar aisi ho toh hate jaye Thakur ke pass πŸ€£ 
Edited by MisHumptyDumpty - 10 years ago
KambakthIshq thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Vicky JiπŸ€—

Love your take on Laila. Do you think she loves Rudra?

Brillient  post Ji...as usualπŸ‘
Edited by KambakthIshq - 10 years ago
SanzforSush thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
A plastic nerolac blue makkhan-makkhi takes her to the window πŸ˜†
Your posts are just amazing! You have brought out the contrast between the two characters beautifully! Rudra doesn't know what fate has in store for him! Never say never coz fate hands you exactly the opposite! Has happened to me many times as well!
Guinea thumbnail
Lovely post , love your comparison between paro and rudra's character.    

I am seriously loving the show ...it is so beautifully shot . The lights in the night scene come all from the lanterns / lamps etc it looks magical ...I think I will eventually even like the blue plastic butterfly.πŸ˜†

The thakursa- thaukariyan scene , very nice ...sadia looked so  pretty . So what is in that diary that thakur sa protects it even when he is asleep His kaali kartoot I guess ... 
Their is a nice romance between both of them ...how genuine is the love , time will tell ...

So today was laila's entry πŸ˜‰ Well ankita was looking like an overpainted / overmade up nautch girl , which she is supposed too...acted fine. right now her character is typical hindi film vampish ...her real challenge would be when paro becomes a part of rudra's life . Though rudra isn't hers ...he doesn't belong to anyone else either so in her own way , she is content ... I  am looking forward to see how her character develops. 
Ashish looked super hot in the black kurta..😳 Just awesome . His whole body language is just fantastic for the role of rudra.

Paro's scene was beautiful ...loved her earlier in the pale orange dress when she was taking measurements of her mamisa ...and then in the wedding dress , omg what a beauty . Sanaya played the shy , simple girl ...eagerly looking forward to her new life and being a bride ...how lovely was that . Such a nuanced restrained performance...Paro is so full of love , dreams and hope , even with an unknown fear lurking somewhere ...

MKM did you notice something in today's episode ...the accents have become a lot simpler ...wheather it is thakursa , laila, rudra or paro ...all were talking in simpler hindi . Maybe a conscious decision by the PH ..

Edited by Guinea - 10 years ago
Originally posted by: sushk123

A plastic nerolac blue makkhan-makkhi takes her to the window πŸ˜†
Your posts are just amazing! You have brought out the contrast between the two characters beautifully! Rudra doesn't know what fate has in store for him! Never say never coz fate hands you exactly the opposite! Has happened to me many times as well!

Thanks Sush!

Arre yaar! I HATE that butterfly and that is the only thing i hate about the show.πŸ˜†...True. NEVER SAY NEVER. How can you be so sure that you will always be as you are? Rudra will learn this the hard way and soon he will be looking at Paro and accepting " Jab bhi banaa, usi ka banaa." , chaahe wo bole ya na bole.πŸ˜‰
Originally posted by: KambakthIshq

Vicky JiπŸ€—

Love your take on Laila. Do you think she loves Rudra?

Brillient  post Ji...as usualπŸ‘

πŸ€—

Thank you. Yes, Laila loves Rudra but Rudra Paro ke  chakkar mein chalaa jaayega.😳
_SenbonZakura_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Itna bhaag bhaag ke res karne pe bhi I got second page. -_-

Matlab ittna pyaar ki iske ghar aap do chakkar kaat aao toh aapko rakhi baandhke ghar pe rakh le. 

Now I am praying that Rudra uske ghar ke do chakkar naa kaate!! πŸ˜†

Kya hua? " Main kisa ka nahiin' ke bacche? 

Bacche ko kisi naa kisi kaa toh hona hi padega naa! Nahin toh baccha kaise hoga?? πŸ˜†

I am in a jovial mood today after reading your post!

And yeah, With Laila... I kinda sorta have mixed feelings. I think she does love him, but knows that she'd never be loved back. Which for a second makes me pity her... But then, she is ASKING to be treated like that! Which makes me desensitized towards her. 

Thakurain-Sa loves Thakur-Sa with all her heart... But then, Thakur-Sa has that jab tak sab accha accha hai and she is all gullible, tab tak beintehaan pyaar karo. 

I am pretty sure he'd discard her as soon as she starts objecting to his wrong deeds! 

It is not only you MKM..! I think all of us unanimously hate the nerolac butterfly! 

I am wishing and hoping he sees her first in that joda she is wearing! I cannot wait for his eyes to go 'puppy-Rottweiler' seeing her! πŸ˜†
Edited by _SenbonZakura_ - 10 years ago
vari3241 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Gun ki poonch bhi nahi... So true... Laila ko use kiya... Paro ki nazar ke liye bhi taras jaayega ... Everyone has there days ... Paro ka bhi din aayega .
Rockerchic thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hey V!!
Butterfly symbolises Paro's innocence. Duh. Her innocence, innocence I mean. 

Rudra does the bow chic wow wow while she plays with butterflies. 

The stark contrast. 

Duh.

πŸ˜†