Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Sultan's Harem for his Sexy Sirens~ CC#20 *IO* (Page 77)

-Nafisa- IF-Stunnerz
-Nafisa-
-Nafisa-

Posted: 19 January 2014 at 11:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dolly-heart

@ Nafs .    There is no comparing R K to SamRAT. It is like comparing Apples to Oranges.

From the very beginning RK's aim was to take revenge and humiliate MB for slapping him (which by the way he truly deserved) He married her for that reason only.

Here SamRAT marries Urmi  thinking she will be a good and obedient wife and life will be just the way SamRAT wants.
He never tried to hide the fact from anyone through the whole wedding but Urmi's family and Urmi herself ignored all the signs.

Now after the wedding SamRAT is doing what he does with his ego and attitude and does not want any argument from Urmi trying to change him.
His way of thinking is you knew who and what I was from before so deal  with it.

And beside all that Nafs the actor who is playing SamRAT is a much better actor than VD. Sorry that is just my opinion.

There is a distinct difference in these two shows.   RK turned into a psycho and SamRAT is just what he was and still is which is arrogant and rude.

Liks tried to explain it all and if you see DAK from the start you too will get the feeling that the show is different and I hope that they will show a progressive and different ending than the usual she changed him and he changed Bull crap.

LOL I'm going to say it again, because it's a love story they are supposed to end up together. In order for that to happen he will change. In MEIEJ though RK switches back even after falling in love. Which is a bit more realistic as when you fall in love doesn't mean you will not fight with each other. But it's a dark love story, so it's understandable for there to be so much pain with the romantic moments. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Anu-Reddy

-Nafisa- IF-Stunnerz
-Nafisa-
-Nafisa-

Posted: 19 January 2014 at 11:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by likarsh

Originally posted by .Nafisa.

Liks, I think you've said SamRAT has regressive and has misogynist views so what he says have hurt her, and I said the objective of RK after his ego was hurt by Madhu was to break her spirit and yes he humiliated her, demeaned her an it was working so he pretended to have fallen in love with her to achieve his aim then broke up with her. Then he realised he loves her after all. Went after her and because of the love she feels for him she was all breathing hard etc when he was applying colour to her at holi and similarly the morning after he had handcuffed her also when she asked him what he wants he said her heart (the breathing hard Madhu did) that he even commented on it. The point to this is her love for RK is the thing that weakens her resolve. 

All these shows are love stories at the end of the day, It's good you are prepared Liks that you've prepared yourself, you should because the aim is for couple to be happy together when they conclude the serial...lol. So Urmi will not move on and leave him rather she will succeed in changing him. 

Madhu has never even tried to make a break from RK by herself. He threw her out. She decided to move on. He brought her back by force, and she succumbed. Then she decides to go for revenge, which is basically another way of going straight back to him--opposite of going away from him.

When she left him in the lastest track, it was because she wanted him to come after her, not because she had enough and was leaving.

Samrat has regressive and misogynist views, and that's what's making this marriage problematic. He is an egotist along with his regressive views. He also has a practical side to him which I agree with, that is one aspect which is a legit point that both could adjust to make the marriage work...Urmi shouldn't expect a filmi romantic person, and Samrat should take a bit more effort in some things even if he doesn't see the point.

And even now, Samrat doesn't hate Urmi. He doesn't make it his mission to ignore her, torture her, etc etc.

Yes they are both egotists, but the way they went about it is not the same.

RK deliberately went about trying to hurt Urmi. Samrat still hasn't done that. That is the difference. He is not with her for revenge, and he is not doing it to hurt Urmi or demean Urmi, etc. And unlike even other male leads, he's also not going about it to ignore Urmi, just have no type of interactions at all, etc, etc.  

As for the show, the show from the start has actually juxtaposed him with Ishaan and keeps playing that angle.. I don't know why and for what, but it's also not like other shows where they only bring in the third angle afterwards. They've established it from the start.

Samrat's actions cannot be compared with RK at all. RK blackmailed Madhu. He put her under duress. He left her with little option and went about it to humiliate her specifically. And also her father. MEIEJ I think had gone further than any other show from the START. 

And I am not defending Samrat/Urmi here either. They keep showing Ishaan, and I think there may be something there. I don't care about Ishaan/Urmi, but one episode and scene did hint highly that it may go that way. If it doesn't, not a big deal. But I am pretty confident that at least here we may see Urmi stand up and leave him. Whether or not he changes afterwards and they get back together is one thing. I will decide on whether to keep watching when that happens. But I am not watching this show rooting for a romantic couple. And that's another difference. That with MEIJ they never really acknowledged what RK was doing was completely and utterly abusive. He's never really gotten the deserved punishment for his deeds. He married her. He dumped her. He decided to take her back through force, and that ended up working, etc etc.

Dolly, jump in here anytime since you've watched MEIEJ from the start till Sultan, and you've also watched DAK. The people that have watched DAK can understand the difference I am talking about. There is a different way in how the show is treated and how it's progressed.

Hi Liks, I've gotten to understand from what we have been discussing yesterday with Dolly and today with you that the DAK marriage is not about revenge for his ego like it was in MEIEJ...however, SamRAT decided against the marriage at the last minute when he thought Urmi wouldn't be submissive enough for him, but someone called Trisha angered him and due to ego he offered to marry her again and marriage duly happened, but after the marriage Urmi is now beginning to realise how unaffectionate and insensitive he is as a person, when she is trying to try to explain what she expects from him her husband he refuses to change. Meanwhile another girl is in the picture called Ishaan (which sounds like a guys name by the way, nevermind it's a girl, if it was a guy you would have given me a clue LOLTongue), and you've now interpreted a dialogue to mean that a possibility is there for SamRAT to end up with Ishaan and Urmi to decide this marriage isn't for her and walk out on him. 

Anu-Reddy

JAHHNAVI IF-Rockerz
JAHHNAVI
JAHHNAVI

Posted: 19 January 2014 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
@Iqz THANK YOU Heart

@Liks: Thank u for sharing that song! I remember hearing a similar version of it from one the punjabi singers (Hans raj Hans maybe coz he's into Sufi music.. Yaad nahiin).. And loved the starting part:
"Ranjha raanjha kardi ni main
Aape ranjha hoyii"

this was also borrowed in the song 'Ranjha ranjha' from Raavan movie (AR RAHMAN).. Hhehehe.. Oh so that's where they got it from? Pakistani punjabi and indian punjabi Sufi songs have had almost the same origins.. So it's nice to see how various artists pick up bits and come up with something new Smile

@Sona: Sunil Grover.. I loved Gutthi but I don't know why I am having a hard time believing that he can recreate what Kapil Sharma has been doing on CNWK. Dekhte hain! Me gonna watch both too.. LOL

@Pallavi: really?? Dialogues are that important in Lunchbox?? Confused HAWWW.. I was watching it till late (2am) last night- neend mein- before passing out on couch LOL Nawazuddin's "HELLO SIRRR" is all that I remember LOL ABhi half hee Dekhi hai.. Gonna watch the other half right now- I left it at the part where Ila proposes they meet at a restaurant and Mr. Fernandes' intern gets in trouble with their boss LOL So far, I've loved it for it's simplicity and the actors Heart No OTT performances- everyone is being treated equally (even the auntie who lives above Ila's house- I hope they conclude her story as well)! ABhi dekhti hoon LOL

@Rita: Wink Thank u for the link.. That's the ONLY way how I am "watching"/ tracking RR- Through reading her phatphatiya posts LOL But they're quite hilarious! Will check out Temperance for sure Thumbs Up
Highway looks appealing- yes yes yes for the snow capped mountains, those Himalayan terrains, Punjab de lehh lehrande khet (farms), Rajasthan ke dunes and everything else Alia's character gets to visit as she's kidnapped! Also Randeep Hooda (my secret waala Haryanvi crush.. Shh.. Don't tell anyone ;) )... Oh and AR Rahman's music (Heard Jugni and Maahi ve yet?)! AND And, the man- the director- IMTIAZ ALI of course! LOL

Edited by JAHHNAVI - 19 January 2014 at 12:03pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

snowy72Sophroniareena544paljayAnu-ReddyKhatamKahani

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 19 January 2014 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
Nafs, Ishaan is a guy.
And DAK never says it's a love story. They specifically never say that. And if you say all leads end up together that's not true. People never expected BV to show Jagya and Anandi move on. I have issues with how the show decided to go about it, but still the show focused a lot on Jagya Anandi and showed their relationship first.

As for MEIEJ, I've seen and read dark love stories, and MN us no dark love story. What MEIEJ does is basically Love the Way You Lie but not an iota of the same nuance, and never acknowledging the abusive nature...unlike the song and the video.

Edited by likarsh - 19 January 2014 at 2:40pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

snowy72Anu-Reddy

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 19 January 2014 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Chikni, both The Raven lyrics and this song I think use Bulleh Shah's poetry. 

Edited by likarsh - 19 January 2014 at 12:19pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

snowy72JAHHNAVIAnu-Reddy

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 19 January 2014 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
Double post

Edited by likarsh - 19 January 2014 at 12:17pm
JAHHNAVI IF-Rockerz
JAHHNAVI
JAHHNAVI

Posted: 19 January 2014 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
Lunchbox: Pallavi u were right Smile Kuch nahi thaa issmein- but still there was so much conveyed!! I won't say I hated the end- it was very inconclusive- left to our own imagination! Did he reach in time? Did she moved out? What bout the mother? And her neighbor? Nothing..
Loved how Ila's mother speaks her heart out after her husband's death- defining the stress which a care taker undergoes "dawaaiyaan, khaana, nahaana".. And her sudden hunger and asking for 'paranthas' as the medical staff is wrapping his body shows how this woman simply stopped living for herself! Lilette at her best- even if it was just for one scene! I wished Ila was a little more strong and demanding for her rights though.. Anywhoo overall a good movie.. Thumbs Up

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

snowy72paljayAnu-Reddy

-Nafisa- IF-Stunnerz
-Nafisa-
-Nafisa-

Posted: 19 January 2014 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by likarsh

Nafs, Ishaan is a guy.
And DAK never says it's a love story. They specifically never say that. And if you say all leads end up together that's not true. People never expected BV to show Jagya and Anandi move on. I have issues with how the show decided to go about it, bit still the show focused a lot on Jagya Anandi and showed their relationship first.

As for MEIEJ, I've seen a d read dark live stories that are not like this. What MEIEJ does is basically Love the Way You Lie but not an iota of the same nuance, and never acknowledging the abusive nature...unlike the song and the video.

Okay so Ishaan is a guy, so what sort of relationship does he have with SamRAT? & what was the dialogue that made you think Ishaan and SamRAT would end up together? Is he gay? Embarrassed

hmm I would like to hear more about why you don't think MEIEJ isn't a dark love story. Why doesn't it qualify Liks? 

Anu-Reddy

Go to top