Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Excellent post. My take on it. I personally believe that when the CVs conceived the idea of DABH they were clueless as to what they were getting into. They had no idea IPS implied life long separation from the spouse if the spouse was not from the services. As the serial grew popular topping the charts week after week one thing became clear Bhabo had to  always remain around some where to ensure they remained on the top. This led to a series of inconsistencies in the story which my rational mind found it very difficult to explain or understand. A girl who aspires to be in the services is clueless as to the separation angle. If she knew would she not have discussed the implications with her husband. Inform him before hand what he is getting into. Suraj partly out of gratitude for having got him WTC trophy and partly due to his love for his wife decides to encourage his intelligent wife to appear for the civil services without once thinking about what he is getting into. Strange indeed. Even if we reluctantly go ahead and accept this argument his support is shown to be halfhearted as he most of the times finds it very difficult to stand up against his dominating mother. Now that they have made Sandhya an IPS they just do not want to let go of Bhabo as they are afraid of going down the TRPS chart. They hold on to Bhabo by introducing another unrealistic challenge. That they believe will help them to remain on the top as it gives an impression to the traditional viewer that Bhabo is still around and has the final say. As far as Sandhya is concerned as of now I don't find any qualities in her to be an efficient police officer. A person who cannot stand up for her rights can hardly be expected to fight for others. Joining an all India service and than aspiring to be posted in Pushkar because her MIL cannot bear to be parted from her is the first instance of lack of commitment to service rules.
             Coming to your question on why can't men sacrifice why is it always the woman...well that is the way the major section of the world has been for centuries. An over night change is not possible. Things are changing but it will take time. It has always been the woman who sacrifices her career. Very rarely do you find men doing it. Leave aside Bhabo I will give you an interesting example of Himanshu Roy, an IPS officer, Jt commissioner of police Mumbai. His wife Bhavana who was in the IAS quit her job to be with her husband. She could not bear the separation. Even though IAS is allotted to candidates with a higher rank than IPS it was she who quit not her husband. Both are highly educated...even than it is the traditional thought that prevailed. Nobody put pressure on Bhavana to quit, it was purely her decision but one cannot ignore the fact that it is the wife who gave up her career.
               I think I have justified the award given to me. I have indeed given you the longest reply.😆
..Anusha.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I agree with Uma. and thanks for this thread.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Piu welcome to the forum and hats off to you and your husband for standing up for what you believed in.
I also understand the importance of a supportive partner as I also went from a liberal family to a conservative family. I am also a ambitious girl and post marriage it was my husband who had supported me so that I could enjoy a career of my choice.
As Geetha said we also get frustrated by Sandhya at times and are really really waiting to see Sooraj and Sandhya getting liberated from Bhabo. Believe me every DABHIAN in this forum wants it 😃

My take is this for the liberation. When that happens neither Sooraj nor Sandhya should feel guilty about it. It has to be for a strong reason. I see 2 possibilites.
One is they have connected the lead pair with Ramayana , that means some question is going to come on Sandhya's chastity and that will be the breaking point for Sooraj to take a stand beside his wife as Bhabo might not want a bahu whose chastity is a question mark.

Another option is the 2nd DIL of Bhabo Meena the antagonist has done a Baby Swap in her greed to get a boy child. Sandhya is going to investigate this post training. Bhabo will be against arresting Meena. Sandhya might decide to resign from IPS post and Sooraj will ask her to stand by truth and arrest Meena and consequence of this both of them might have to walk out of their parivaar.

The story drags at points and the CVs have made many bloopers with respect to academic track and IPS track but from a story point they are in right track.

Edited by shruthiravi - 10 years ago
jhema thumbnail
Nice Post.

Reading ur reply after a long time Umaji. Nice reply. 
-Liebe- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
very nice post...agree with uma ji.

btw ur views r very nice.

to create more threads like this TM.
FrozenRain thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
brilliant post piu...me too confused with the characters of this show aftr following this show for the last two weeks...there is no consistency in the characterization... a girl who dreamed to become an IPS officer from her childhood is not confident when she is just few meters away from her goal...

i really want to ask one more thing...the cv's showing tht sandhya is so dumb in cooking and housechore works...only good in studies and and have a brain to solve all the issues...so she is smart..isn't it...then why they r showing her so dumb in housechore works...hvn't she learned anything from her 2 year marrital life..n how come the younger bahu emily is so clever in all the housechore works...she even belong to another community but she is brilliant in managing the house compared to sandhya...how come she learned everything so fast...as i remember emily was a modern girl and it's like a magic to see a new emily completely different to her earlier life...why these unrealistic characterization creatives...
Edited by SanaJasmine - 10 years ago
FrozenRain thumbnail
Originally posted by: manzilmukul

@Blue..
Well though the comment is not directed towards me but I will answer the MATURITY AND COMPLEXITY PART..I never thought I will but.. I will definitely share my own story..I am the bahu of a VERY CONSERVATIVE FAMILY..A family where Bahus were supposed to adorn pallus and not even sit near proximity of MIL's ,We even did purdah from our  MALE In laws...
my mother's home ,Yes I was a girl who belonged to a home where Women were LIBERAL..the transformation was too much to bear..But I will tell you what the REAL meaning of SACRIFICE means...My husband stood for me ,Stood up for anything that was WRONG AND REGRESSIVE..Not only for me but SETTING AN EXAMPLE FOR ALL THOSE COMING BAHUS OF OUR FAMILY.Believe me when I say it He loves his OWN mother more than ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD-YES MORE THAN SURAJ DOES.But just because FAMILY COMES FIRST he never bowed his HEAD TO WHAT WAS WRONG!!Honestly  my MIL understood ,she was reprimanded for all that was negative..THAT WAS NOT HURTING HER ...THAT WAS STANDING FOR WHAT WAS RIGHT...
I wear business suits to work.We are modern in every sense of the word not only in  thinking and treating women with respect but also focussing on warmth of emotions rather than burdening each other in the name of sanskaars

You won't believe but we live in different cities because I HAD DREAMS ...I HAD DREAMS which could be fulfilled in this way...
We had moments of apprehensions but HE ONLY SAYS ..YOU WILL FOLLOW YOUR DREAM NO MATTER WHAT??
This is what a HUSBAND STANDS FOR NOT ONLY WITH EACH OTHER BUT FOR EACH OTHER...

wow...piu...I'm just proud of u n jeeju...🤗
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Sana Sandhya is not dumb in household chores. She knows to do most things. But Bhabo had expected a DIL who is extremely efficient in household tasks. Sandhya is not that I mean a super efficient housewife. She has some flaws here and there. So the entire HG makes fun of even small small mistakes of Sandhya because they believe since she has aspirations outside family she is not a good housewife. And Bhabo mostly gets instigated by this and puts down Sandhya everytime. They are just showing the way the society treats a woman who has career ambitions and to our frustration sometimes they make her really dumb also to prove their point.

Coming to Emily. Her u-turn was unbelievable. But I have taken her as a lady who tries to adapt to new circumstances and reads the situation and reacts accordingly for her own benefit. Emily had married into the family under difficult circumstances. She was pregnant before marriage and her husband didnt accept her. She was not liked by Bhabo because she belonged to another community. So it was upto her she adjusted to the family for her benefit as well as that of child. Bhabo had expected her not at all jell with the family. But Emily is proving Bhabo wrong by trying to understand customs, performing all household tasks super efficiently. CVs aim was to tell do not hold prejudice against a person just because that person belongs to another community. Religion/caste does not decide how good or bad a person is. But instead of showing the progress of Emily realistically they just made a u-turn and made her super efficient to put their point across.
FrozenRain thumbnail
Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Sana Sandhya is not dumb in household chores. She knows to do most things. But Bhabo had expected a DIL who is extremely efficient in household tasks. Sandhya is not that I mean a super efficient housewife. She has some flaws here and there. So the entire HG makes fun of even small small mistakes of Sandhya because they believe since she has aspirations outside family she is not a good housewife. And Bhabo mostly gets instigated by this and puts down Sandhya everytime. They are just showing the way the society treats a woman who has career ambitions and to our frustration sometimes they make her really dumb also to prove their point.

Coming to Emily. Her u-turn was unbelievable. But I have taken her as a lady who tries to adapt to new circumstances and reads the situation and reacts accordingly for her own benefit. Emily had married into the family under difficult circumstances. She was pregnant before marriage and her husband didnt accept her. She was not liked by Bhabo because she belonged to another community. So it was upto her she adjusted to the family for her benefit as well as that of child. Bhabo had expected her not at all jell with the family. But Emily is proving Bhabo wrong by trying to understand customs, performing all household tasks super efficiently. CVs aim was to tell do not hold prejudice against a person just because that person belongs to another community. Religion/caste does not decide how good or bad a person is. But instead of showing the progress of Emily realistically they just made a u-turn and made her super efficient to put their point across.

yeahh..ok...thnx for clearing my confusion..🤗.yeahh...babho expects more from sandhya...but sometimes  i felt sandhya acts so dumb... just my opinion...😊
shruthiravi thumbnail
ya Sana Bhabo wants Sandhya to live and die for her family not for the country 😃 and Sandhya in her eagerness to please Bhabo sometimes end up really dumb to the frustration of viewers 😃