Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
No, Lashy, I did not say that he was a trained telephone operator, but that he was a trained Zee diplomat in residence.

Yes, even a 10% improvement in Jalal - I do not care about anyone else  - would be wonderful.

Don't worry, I will be at my  most diplomatic with Ekta! Plus I have had plenty of practice in compressing messages: doing talking points for the PM's meeting teaches you how  to do that.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: lashy

Long time ku appron varuga varuga yendru varaverkiren...🤗

Aunty, I TOTALLY understand that things are not going to go back to what it was...
but, think of it this way...none said anything in the past about any of their discrepancies...with the poor handling of tracks ever since the Tasneem  issue receiving this backlash  through a slew of phonecalls - things must have at least have gotten into their heads that people are not enjoying it...
If nothing, I was hoping for 10% betterment...thats all...maybe an early wrap up of the Benazir issue and moving on to something more sensible...
I also have no doubt it'll not take long for things to go back to what they were soon enough...😆

As for comparisons to MP and Budha, I was primarily trying to emphasize that some kind of physical movement or action was necessary...a nearly stationary king hardy makes for an interesting lead...esp when the said king is capable of so much in this department! I totally know and can see why JA has more viewers than MP and Budha...even during the worst war-track - the Sujanpur one - the TRPs were only on a rise aunty...😳

As for the man, he didn't seem like he was only a trained telephone operator aunty...he knew about all the reasons for the plots and sub plots too..I spoke not only about Benazir but other things too...couldn't include it all here...😊

also, I do think  I was amongst one of the initial stages of callers.. so he did patiently listen and explain...I think callers later on didn't have that luck...
Please SMS ekta aunty...but, being the headstrong lady that she is - wonder how much she'd allow it all to get through to her 
😕

Originally posted by: sashashyam

Lashy, my sweet, don't count your chickens as yet.

From this verbatim account of your pillorying of the Zee diplomat-in-residence, one thing is clear to me. He has been dealing with a lot of your kind over the last week, and has by now got all his answers down pat. So he pleases you and gets off with no injuries to his person, except for a slightly deafened ear.😉

Nothing of what he told you need mean anything.It may, of course, but do not get your hopes up. 

Both Balaj and Zee are interested in only one thing, and that is the ad revenues, which are linked directly to the TRPs. So, if these tracks bring the TRPs up, they will continue: if not Benazir and the trunkful of snakes, then the pudding faced Shivani and her karigaar boyfriend.

Now, the instant you told him you were calling from London, he would have discounted you, for NRIs do NOT count for the TRPs at all. It was the same under the old monitor box system and is the same now with the digital monitoring system. Resident Indian callers do count, but then Zee/Balaji  would be factoring in all the millions who watch the show and do not call, because they are content with it.

Zee must have trained a bunch of guys to to make soothing noises to irate callers, but this does not mean they are going to revamp the script to please all you barrackers. I have seen this process play out with Pavitra Rishta: the forum raged and spat venom, but the tracks went from bad to worse, and every dismal spoiler came true. Ekta did not care a hoot, nor did Zee, and I see that PR, which I finally abandoned some months back,is still carrying on, after another 20 year leap. The actors who leaked reports that they would not continue if there was  a leap are all still there and the show goes on!

The only thing that will bring about some qualitative improvement in the screenplay is if the TRPs dip. That does not look like happening. That is because the target audience for both Zee and Balaji is not the IF crowd. It is the small town residents, especially the womenfolk. I do not think that lot would be interested in large scale battles, do you? Nor would Ekta's finance department.😉

It is no point citing Maharana Pratap. I have been watching it from the beginning, and it is also getting to be very boring now. They have an advantage in there being no romantic track for the likes of you to crib about, but still their TRPs are nowhere near those of Jodha Akbar. I do not know about the Buddha's TRPs , but they are unlikely to have raised the roof.

In fact, though I like it tremendously, I knew it would never bust the charts. Why, the best stuff ever done on Indian TV was the Yashraj shows: Powder, Kismat, and to a lesser extent Rishta.com. The first two flopped, and the last limped in. So why blame the production houses?

Of course I agree that Rajat is being grossly underutilised and Jalal is being distorted to an unbearable extent. If only they would do something about Rajat/Jalal, I would be prepared to tolerate Benazir, a zillion reptiles, the dismal Shivani and her kaarigar, and worse too.

Anyhow, I have no intention of deafening the poor Zee  guys, but I have got hold of Ekta's cell number and I will send her a brief SMS with just 2 pertinent points, for whatever it is worth.

Shyamala Aunty

sashashyam thumbnail
Dear Lashy,

How would you know what the uncles in the background like?😉

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: lashy

happygolucky you are right  - in fact, from first hand account of friends and from what I've read here (people mentioning it) I see many of the TRP audience seem quite tuned-out of the latest track...

and aunties are never going to really vouch for watching a slithering vishkanya all over an emperor are they?

lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Dear Lashy,

Shyamala Aunty

🤣 You have a point...
I only said what I sorta coincidentally heard/read about 3-4 of my friends saying how their moms weren't watching the ben track
lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
[QUOTE=sashashyam]No, Lashy, I did not say that he was a trained telephone operator, but that he was a trained Zee diplomat in residence.

Yes, even a 10% improvement in Jalal - I do not care about anyone else  - would be wonderful.

Don't worry, I will be at my  most diplomatic with Ekta! Plus I have had plenty of practice in compressing messages: doing talking points for the PM's meeting teaches you how  to do that.

Shyamala Aunty

Yup that's all I was hoping for too...😊
as for the mystery of the man, only he knows what he is ðŸ˜†
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Dear Lashy,

Shyamala Aunty

🤣

😉
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
@Sasha aunty: MAKE A POST!!!
pallavi003 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">My dear,

If it makes you feel better to think so, why not? I do not believe it at all, but that need not weigh with you.

The instances you are citing were all high,over the top melodrama, of exactly the kind that small town audiences like. I did not like either; to my mind, they were unintelligent and hammy. If the IF liked it, good for them!

But two swallows do not a summer make, and one cannot generalise from these 2 examples about the IF's and the target audience's tastes being similar. So one cannot assume that the target audience will automatically dislike what the IF dislikes, like Benazir and her reptilian menagerie. As I said, I have seen that with PR, one of Balaji's most successful shows in recent times, which is abysmal now but is still alive and kicking.

Ekta, my dear, is very experienced and generally very successful. She needs to be doing something right (from her point of view, of course!).

Shyamala Aunty

</font>

aunty, if you have got hold of ekta's cell number, please message her, I know and agree that if the creepy tracks don't affect the TRP, ekta will continue to show such things,but as you said, I would also preapare myself to put up with every impossible thing if the jalal character redeems only.. I for now don't wish much.
staker123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
aunty if u r  going to message ekta
please tell her she can do anything but do not show jalal as brainless 

i can tolerate anything but not  jalal being shown stupid
sashashyam thumbnail
Will do, sweetheart. I am still editing my message down and making sure it does not sound at all acerbic or angry, for then she will simply delete it! I will do my best, and let us hope for the best!

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: happygolucky099

aunty if u r  going to message ekta

please tell her she can do anything but do not show jalal as brainless 

i can tolerate anything but not  jalal being shown stupid

Petal_Pose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
If i have to bear that reptile woman crap after next week, Ekta start arranging for defense material for her office.😡🤬 Edited by Clumsy_Wings - 10 years ago