I wouldnt quit TV even if Karan Johar offers me a film: Karan Kundr

AAKMH2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Actor Karan Kundra, who was in Kolkata recently, in conversation with TOI

You host Gumraah: End of Innocence, which is about crimes committed by youngsters. Have you done anything in your youth that you now regret?
The show is not just about crime, but about awareness. I have also done things which I realize I shouldn't have. I relate to the show.

Do you think Horror Story did not work out for you the way you expected it to?
If it hadn't worked for me, I wouldn't have signed three more Bolly films, of which I cannot divulge details right now. I've always taken risks. In the peak of my TV career, I chose to host a crime show. People told me things like 'Are you mad?', 'This is career destroying' and what not, but I chose to do it because of its youth connect. I feel responsible, especially after I managed to save lives throughGumraah.Many people wrote in saying they would have committed suicide hadn't they seen episodes of the show and sought help. Even if Karan Johar offers me a film, but asks me to leave TV, I wouldn't.Shakl dikhani hai mujhe upar wale ko.

There are rumours that you are engaged to a Jalandharbased girl...
I heard those too! As of now, the rumour-mongers must have got me married too. Next, I will hear that I am having kids. If they do, I want to request them that please make me have a son and a daughter. Yaar, I am the only son of a reputed Punjabi family. The day I'm engaged, the party will be so huge that its sound will reach Mumbai.Jabmeriengagementhogi to dhang se hogi, chup chaap nahi.I think people who are jealous of me are starting such rumours.

Do you plan to return to daily soaps again?
Depends on how my career shapes up. With films, it is not possible to do daily soaps.

It's said you have an attitude problem, as your family is very wealthy...
Meri family did not get me roles.Mainkisi ke jake pair nahi chaatta, apne balboote pe kaam karna ata hai. Maine seekha hai that jo pyar dega, use jaan de do, and jo halka sa kasht de, use saans lene ke layak na rakho.I am not here for glamour, but to further my family's name.

You keep coming back to Kolkata...
Ilove this city, since it has major TV audiences. Many of my shows have also been shot here.

I ddnt know Karan ko.tv se itna pyar hai 😕

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arjuhisis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
jaan, thx for sharing the article
rajjo_st thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Tx fo postin..(: haha his roumours givin him more poularitY den his work...;) :P
Mayavi-26 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
TFS I will accept that KK has attitude problem