India-Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

Sandhya the confused lady (Page 2)

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 1:16am | IP Logged
@niruba Sandhya at the conscious level is not distrusting Sooraj's love, but at the subconscious level she still has the nagging feel how strong is that love. Is that love strong enough to choose her over family if a situation arise. If Bhabo asks Sooraj to choose between Sandhya and RP who will Sooraj choose. The way Sooraj worship Bhabo can Sandhya tell in such a situation Sooraj will choose her over family and if in any case he choose her also he will still remain the confident Sooraj that he is. Sandhya as of now doesnt have any assurances for this.

For her Sooraj needs his family and within the confines of his family he has supported her. Even during seperation track his aim was to show he is an ideal son and brother. He says to Bhabo I am still the sravankumar who will jump in the river as per your commandBig smile. Which wife do you think will be secure over a husband who is willing to commit suicide for his mother without thinking twice what she will do in his absence. Sandhya needs that assurance. Before any action Sooraj will think twice, will think about her, will be able to stand up in much better fashion against his mother for her sake. The day Sooraj does that Sandhya will be a liberated soul. Believe me it is exactly for this reason they have tied DABH to Ramayana. Choice between Ayodhya and Sita. Choice between RP and Sandhya. Ram chose Ayodhya, who will Sooraj choose?

@akka Bhabo's behaviour least said the better. But one thing I liked , the way Ms Singh made realize entire RP who is in charge of academy. Sooraj, Babasa and Sandhya who were only listening to Bhabo till then dumped her and agreed to Ms Singh to the discomfort of Bhabo.  Bhabo's demand of that trophy has made the track of dramatic now Sandhya will think trophy trophy in her dream Big smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Mariaalyb2011Divz.

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 1:30am | IP Logged
Excellent post Shruthi. However if you feel it is the fear of losing Suraj's love that makes her feel insecure and submissive before Bhabo, than I must say she has chosen a wrong profession to be in.
1.  An honest police officer puts his duty towards the nation above all family considerations. Having joined an all India service where the service rules clearly expect you to accept posting any where in India, on the whimsical demand of a dominating mother in law how right is it to try and win a trophy for the sake of a Pushkar posting...are you not betraying one of the major tenets you swore to abide by...to be in the service of the nation any time any where...you start your service by getting around rules...Ouch

2. What happens when the BS case comes out in the open. Will Sandhya again listen to Bhabo and put her family before her duty. Suraj himself may not be very supportive if Meena is to be arrested.

3. What happens when she is called to attend an important duty and RP is celebrating one of the many festivals where Beendani's presence is mandatory...will she again put her duty in the back seat...

If she has chosen to be in the IPS she should have made up her mind by now...constant fluctuations will make her miserable and superiors very unhappy.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

DEBOLINA96MJV2shruthiravi-Liebe-b2011Divz.thala

-Liebe- IF-Sizzlerz
-Liebe-
-Liebe-

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 1:36am | IP Logged
when suraj himself s not giving full support to sandy then how could u all expect her to trust him fully.

btw in this week it will clear us all wt s bothering her.

PS kindly note down suraj didnt open his mouth when bhabo drama was going.he supported sandy only after bhabo left..

for me.sandy has full confidence in him.i dnt have any doubt in that after gandhi statue scene.

b2011Divz.thala

thala IF-Addictz
thala
thala

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 1:36am | IP Logged
missed your comments aunty
welcome back

DEBOLINA96-Liebe-b2011

..Anusha.. IF-Sizzlerz
..Anusha..
..Anusha..

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 2:06am | IP Logged

Sandy's original personality was so tough and uncompromising. Even with the shock of losing her parents, she had no doubts who she was.  It was this strength that allowed her to stay at RM and take Bhabo's nonsense. But in 2013, Sandy suddenly caved into Bhabo's systematic dismantling of her personality, her ethics and morals as well. This is not confusion. This is capitulation. This is what usually happens when a prisoner has suffered targeted psychological manipulation. Maybe Bhabo was just being Bhabo, but the result is a programmed Sandy who will react exactly as Bhabo wants when the right trigger is used.   

Now I was willing to overlook this till training began. But Bhabo has come and inaugurated Sandy's first day with some appalling behaviour and total contempt for the Police Academy. There seem to be no boundaries even now to keep Bhabo out of Sandy's mental space. I would say this is the cruelest example of Sandy being under Bhabo's thumb. 

Almost any other career and maybe I can cut some slack. But this is the Police!  Sandy is a future (?) IPS officer who has to stand her ground and never second guess in some demanding life and death situations. This is a personality trait that Sandy had and has lost. She didn't just lose it in subtle ways. She has been shown now to be completely unsure of herself, she cannot correctly assess the situations she's in, she cannot react appropriately to things that she would have done very capably a year ago. All she can do is deal with inanimate objects and find some solution. Dealing with humans seems to be becoming more and more of a challenge. 

Is this unravelling and breakdown of her psyche because she loves Suraj? Then diya baati cannot be a good thing for her.  The way the saas has gained the upper hand is like an Ekta Kapoor serial of old. Men have absolutely no say in her presence. Police also have to listen to her lectures on why God made man and woman. Most of all, Sandy is standing there and probably agreeing with Bhabo's sentiments. Nothing wrong with agreeing with Bhabo. But what is the point of unpacking in the academy. Just turn around and go home. Be happy. 

But then...Suraj will be unhappy!  Oh my goodness.  What kind of life is this...especially for a police officer. Never heard of a police officer being forced to become one. If police don't have the right motivations, then it's nothing but problems.  Is DABH going to show that?  Or is Sandy going to miraculously forget Bhabo and Suraj. Because there's no middle ground they can tread here.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Liebe-b2011shruthiraviDivz.thala

-Liebe- IF-Sizzlerz
-Liebe-
-Liebe-

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 2:22am | IP Logged
pothi..seriously u accept or not but its true, show s revolving around bhabo and sandy.wherever sandy goes,bhabo will follow and vice versa.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

thala

..Anusha.. IF-Sizzlerz
..Anusha..
..Anusha..

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 2:26am | IP Logged
what is there for me to accept?  I have the freedom to not watch, unlike Sandy who is trapped between Bhabo and Suraj. Just feel I wasted some time for no reason. I bet Sandy will become a hard as flint officer in the end...but it will be such a torturous path...along the way, I can't connect with her. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011thala

MJV2 IF-Rockerz
MJV2
MJV2

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 2:30am | IP Logged
Nice post shruthiThumbs Up
DABH/Comptetions are inseparable like sandhya/bhabhos EAsTongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DEBOLINA96thala

Go to top