Diya Aur Baati Hum

India-Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

thought for the day- pg 66- ASHTALAKSHMI STOTRAM (Page 60)

umakittu Newbie
umakittu
umakittu

Posted: 17 April 2014 at 3:50am | IP Logged

Thanks for sharing information about Shri Nithyakalyana Perumal Thiruvidanthai  temple. Very informative.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.Tanmaya.Vmaathala

.Tanmaya. IF-Rockerz
.Tanmaya.
.Tanmaya.

Posted: 17 April 2014 at 7:10am | IP Logged
Thanks for Sharing the information about Sri Nitya Kalyana Perumal Temple

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Vmaathala

thala IF-Addictz
thala
thala

Posted: 17 April 2014 at 9:11pm | IP Logged

"pralaya-payodhijale" is the first of the Gita Govinda Ashtapadis. It appears just after the poet makes a short introduction, and is a hymn offered to the ten incarnations of Vishnu. Starting from the Matsya-avatara, each verse extols the greatness of one incarnation. The final verse then describes all of these avataras as belonging to Krishna, and requests him to listen to the poet's following words.

Lyrics 

pralaya-payodhi-jale dhrtavan asi vedam
vihita-vahitra-caritram akhedam
kesava dhrta-mina-sarira jaya jagadisa hare

O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari who have assumed the form of a fish! All glories to You! You easily acted as a boat in the form of a giant fish to give protection to the Vedas, which had sunk in the turbulent sea of devastation.

ksitir iha vipulatare tisthati tava prsthe
dharani-dharana-kina-cakra-garisthe
kesava dhrta-kurma-sarira jaya jagadisa hare

O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari who have assumed the form of a tortoise! All glories to You! The great Mount Mandara rests upon Your gigantic back, which acts as a pivot for churning the ocean of milk and which has thus been marked with a large circular scarlike depression. In this way Your back has become most glorious.

vasati dasana-sikhare dharani tava lagna
sasini kalanka-kaleva nimagna
kesava dhrta-sukara-rupa jaya jagadisa hare

O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari who have assumed the form of a boar! All glories to You! The earth, which had sunk to the bottom of the Garbha Ocean, sits fixed upon the tip of Your tusk like a spot upon the moon.

tava kara-kamala-vare nakham adbhuta-srngam
dalita-hiranyakasipu-tanu-bhrngam
kesava dhrta-narahari-rupa jaya jagadisa hare

O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari who have assumed the form of a half-man, half-lion! All glories to You! With the wonderfully sharp nails on Your beautiful lotus hands You have ripped apart the wasplike body of Hiranyakasipu.

chalayasi vikramane balim adbhuta-vamana
pada-nakha-nira-janita-jana-pavana
kesava dhrta-vamana-rupa jaya jagadisa hare

O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari who have assumed the form of a wonderful dwarf brahmana! All glories to You! With Your massive steps You deceive King Bali, and with the Ganges water emanating from the nails of Your lotus feet You deliver all living beings in this world.

ksatriya-rudhira-maye jagad-apagata-papam
snapayasi payasi samita-bhava-tapam
kesava dhrta-bhrgupati-rupa jaya jagadisa hare

O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari who have assumed the form of Bhrgupati [Parasurama]! All glories to You! You bathe the earth in the rivers of blood from the bodies of the demonic ksatriyas You have slain. In this way you wash away the sins of the world and give relief to those who suffer in material existence

vitarasi diksu rane dik-pati-kamaniyam
dasa-mukha-mauli-balim ramaniyam
kesava dhrta-rama-sarira jaya jagadisa hare

O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari who have assumed the form of Ramacandra! All glories to You! In the battle of Lanka You destroy the ten-headed demon Ravana and distribute his heads as a delightful offering to the presiding deities of the ten directions -- a feat long desired by them all, whom that monster had much harassed.

vahasi vapusi visade vasanam jaladabham
hala-hati-bhiti-milita-yamunabham
kesava dhrta-haladhara-rupa jaya jagadisa hare

O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari who have assumed the form of plow-wielding Balarama! All glories to You! On Your brilliant white body You wear garments colored like a fresh rain cloud and the river Yamuna, whom You frighten with the blows of Your plow.

nindasi yajna-vidher ahaha sruti-jatam
sadaya-hrdaya darsita-pasu-ghatam
kesava dhrta-buddha-sarira jaya jagadisa hare

O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari who have assumed the form of Buddha! All glories to You! Your heart filled with compassion, you decry animal slaughter performed according to the scriptural rules of Vedic sacrifice.

mleccha-nivaha-nidhane kalayasi karavalam
dhumaketum iva kim api karalam
kesava dhrta-kalki-sarira jaya jagadisa hare

O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari who have assumed the form of Kalki! All glories to You! Like a comet bearing an indescribably terrifying sword, You annihilate the wicked barbarian kings at the end of Kali-yuga.

sri-jayedeva-kaver idam uditam udaram
srnu sukha-dam subha-dam bhava-saram
kesava dhrta-dasa-vidha-rupa jaya jagadisa hare

O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed these ten different incarnations! All glories to You! O readers, please hear this most excellent hymn by poet Jayadeva, for it bestows happiness and good fortune and is the best thing in this dark world.

vedan uddharate jaganti vahate bhu-golam udbibhrate
daityam darayate balim chalayate ksatra-ksayam kurvate
paulastyam jayate halam kalayate karunyam atanvate
mlecchan murchayate dasakrti-krte krsnaya tubhyam namah

O Lord Krsna, I offer my obeisances unto You, who incarnate in these ten forms. In the form of Matsya You rescue the Vedas, as Kurma You bear Mount Mandara on Your back, as Varaha You lift the earth on Your tusk, as Narasimha You tear open the chest of the demon Hiranyakasipu, as Vamana You trick King Bali, as Parasurama You slay all the wicked ksatriyas, as Ramacandra you defeat Ravana, the son of Pulastya, as Balarama You carry a plow, as Lord Buddha You show compassion toward all, and as Kalki You kill the mlecchas.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

umakittuashuz.Tanmaya.Vmaa

umakittu Newbie
umakittu
umakittu

Posted: 18 April 2014 at 1:07am | IP Logged
We use to sing this on every Ekadesi along with our usual Bhajan.  Thanks for sharing.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.Tanmaya.Vmaathala

thala IF-Addictz
thala
thala

Posted: 20 April 2014 at 10:01pm | IP Logged

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT AND ENLIGHTENING:
(Read this and become enlightened. Don't forget to share and enlighten others!)

Which karma is faced reactions in the same birth and which karma in next births?

COUNSELLING:

Sandip Basyal asked like this:

"for what type of crime .. We hve to be punished in this birth and punished in another birth??"

REPLY:

Very useful question that will educate 1000s of fans with new details.

There are THREE TYPES of Karma such as:

1. Sanchit karma, 
2. Prarapth Karma & 
3. Agami Karma!

SANCHIT KARMA :

We have been taking births after births! When we were animals, we did not have any new karma because, animals can not purposefully do an action! So, animals take births as per the sequence preplanned by God! They can not modify what their next birth should be! If the next birth of a cat is a dog, the cat can not modify it! Thus, the Athma travels all the 84, 00,000 types of bodies before it acquires the human birth! They have no freedom to act differently!

Once we get human birth, we start to perform actions on our own will! Krishna has given us freedom to act and add karmas on our own will! As we do good and bad actions, these actions determine our next birth! So, there is no part of Krishna in motivating us to act like this and that! He is just living inside our heart and is watching when we will call His name! Till we call His name, He is silently watching all our actions! If we are living a highly material life, He does not try to elevate us to His own planet! He allows us to take new bodies repeatedly!

Human birth is not an one time option! You may get many births as human if you do both good and bad deeds! However, if you do mostly sinful activities, you are degraded from the human birth even in the first birth as human! So, in all our human form of births, we do both good and bad karma and are accumulated and recorded in the athma! When the karma is very severe, they can not be cleared in a single birth! So, he is given many births as human and compelled to face the reactions of both his good and bad karma of his previous births!

These accumulated sins & good deeds in all our births are called SANCHIT KARMA! It is imposible to clear all the Sanchit Karmas accumulated in all the births in a single life time! So, this Sanchit Karma has to be cleared by taking another birth or many births!

Examples of Sanchit Karma that makes us to take many births to face the reactions are: Killing a person, Sexually misusing another person except wife/ husband, Cheating a person by taking his properties by false documents, etc. In such sins, the whole generation faces the reactions of that karma! If I kill a person, the reactions of this sin will continue in my next birth and to my children too! We will discuss about how it affects children later!

O.K, In General, which types of actions come under the control of Karma? We have to face the reactions for each and every action done by us, except our devotional services to Krishna!
Let us now see Prarapth Karma!

PRARAPTH KARMA:

The karma that we have to clear in this life time! This is the small part of Sanchit Karma! That is, Prarapth Karma is a set of reactions taken aside from the Sanchit Karma, to enable the person to face a set of reaction in this birth itself!

For example, Let us consider that I have a load of 1000 karmic reactions stored in me, ie, athma, to be cleared by me in many births! These 1000 reactions are either the gifts or punishments based on the activities I have done in my past births! I can not face all the 1000 reactions within this birth, because my life time may be very less! So, a set of reactions (Karma) (say 100 reactions, ie, Karma) are allocated to be faced by me in this birth as Prarapth Karma! Remaining 900 reactions & new karma done in this birth, are kept pending to be faced in the next birth!

This set of allotted karma to be faced in this birth itself is called PRARAPTH KARMA! I will have to face this Prarapth Karma within this birth itself and I can not escape or can not keep this Prarapth Karma for facing in the next birth! They are all in a fixed programme! So, we can not stop them!

Next comes AGAMI KARMA:

This is the mixture of both Sanchit Karma and Prarapth karma! Yes! In the actions that fall under AGAMI KARMA, all the actions are not given reactions in this birth itself! In Agami Karma, part of our actions get the reactions in this birth itself & another part is depositted as the accumulation in the basket of Sanchit Karma!
Let me summerise and compare all the three karma for your better understanding! Let us consider each type of karma as a basket!

(i) The basket of SANCHIT KARMA Contains all the accumulated sins & good deeds in all our births in the past births and current birth!

(ii)The basket of PRARAPTH KARMA Contains a small part taken from Sanchit Karma and that are allotted to be enjoyed in this birth itself!

(iii)The basket of AGAMI KARMA Contains both the Sanchit Karma and Prarapth karma!

So, Not all our karma are cleared in a single birth, because, our life time is very short, but, we are doing more sins than good deeds daily till our life time! So, all of them can not be cleared in this birth itself! Only a portion of them are cleared as listed above & the remaining gets acumulated!

This is the arrangement of Lord!

So, No one can escape from reactions on their own! Whatever we do to clear our karma, involves some new karma! That is, if you torture a person and later realise, you can not zero that negative karma by just being loveful to that person again! When you try to please him, you will do more karma, out of your control! Because, as Krishna said in Gita, "Every action in this world has defects like the flame is suurounded by smoke (fumes)"! So, whatever you do, it involves a new karma!

Srila Prabhupad also says: "If I cause pain to another living being, I too must surely face the similar pain when the life cycle rotates! And, if I give happiness to others, similar happiness will be waiting for me when the life cycle rotates!"

Karma can not be cleared within this birth itself? Some karma reaction needs another birth. If I molest an innocent girl in this birth, I involve in two negative karmas:

1. I am damaging the body and consciousness of an innocent girl.

2. I am cheating the innocent parents of that girl as that parent were loving and protecting their girl child the most. So, I get the curse of that good father and mother.

So, the second karma's reaction can be faced by me even in this birth. When I marry and get a girl child, I wil be protecting her and loving her. But, my girl child will be raped by someone and I will cry like that father.

But, what about the first karma of damaging the body and consciousness of an innocent girl?

To pay for that karma, I will have to take birth as a girl in the next birth and I too will be raped by someone.

So, I face two types of reactions for the same karma, as TWO persons were affected by me in my past birth.

So, we can not clear our entire karma account within the same birth. It is possible only in the computer. Giving SELECT ALL and DELETE ALL commands, we can clear all files in a single stroke. But, in karma account, the process is stage by stage.

That is why, I am crying here to become the follower of all the four regulative principles of No meat eating, No gambling, No intoxication and No illicit Sex. And also work to please the Lord. Thus, we can avoid adding further karma in our account. Our past karma can also be moderated.

CREDIT: 

https://www.facebook.com/krishnaandbhagavadgita/posts/739923506038728:0

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

umakittuashuz.Tanmaya.Vmaa

Vmaa IF-Stunnerz
Vmaa
Vmaa

Posted: 20 April 2014 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
thank you rama
it was ... am speechless
think good do good
atleast that will clear some of our karma

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

thala

thala IF-Addictz
thala
thala

Posted: 21 April 2014 at 1:00am | IP Logged
yes vasu
but it may take several births to make the balance nilOuch

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

umakittuVmaa

thala IF-Addictz
thala
thala

Posted: 21 April 2014 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
Why Sudama remained poor...?

Shri Krishna and His elder brother, Balarama, were living with a co-student, named Sudama, in the ashram of their Guru, Sandipani. Once Krishna and Balarama were sent to the forest for bringing fuel. Then the wife of Sandipani sent also Sudama for the same purpose with some quantity of grams for the three. When Krishna met Sudama in the forest, he said to him - "Dada, I want water as I am thirsty". Sudama replied - "No water should be drunk on an empty stomach, so it is better to rest a while". He did not say that he had got grams with him and that He should take some. As Krishna was tired, He lay down for rest on the lap of Sudama and was snoring. Seeing this, Sudama took out the grams and began to eat. Then Krishna suddenly asked him - "Dada, what are you eating, whence is the sound?". He replied - "What is there to eat? I am shivering with cold and my teeth are chattering. I can't even repeat distinctly Vishnu-Sahasra-Nama". Hearing this, the Omniscient Krishna said - "I just dreamt a dream, in which I saw a man, eating things of another, and when asked about this, he said - "What earth (dust) should he eat?", meaning thereby that he had nothing to eat? The other man said - "Let it be so". Dada, this is only a dream. I know that you won't eat anything without Me; under the influence of the dream I asked you what you were eating?" If Sudama had known a bit of the Omniscient, Shri Krishna and His Leelas, he would not have acted, as he did. Therefore, he had to suffer for what he did. Though he was a chum of Shri Krishna he had to pass his later life in utter poverty.

This deceptiveness that he showed to a boy like Krishna made him utterly poor, and he became miserable throughout his life. And he had to come for help from the very same person to whom he did not give a little channa. This is a story in the Puranas". 

Sudama is also said to be the human birth taken by the great Saint Narada Muni to enjoy the Leelas that Lor Krishna was enacting on the Earth. 

credit: krishna leela and yahoo

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

umakittu.Tanmaya.b2011Vmaa--VS--

Go to top