Mahabharat

India-Forums

Mahabharat
Mahabharat

Like or Dislike Yudhishtir/ VB Nt pg 22 (Page 13)

Poll Question: What's your take on Yudhishtir?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
61 [54.95%]
50 [45.05%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Jairamji Groupbie
Jairamji
Jairamji

Posted: 28 January 2014 at 11:32pm | IP Logged
Well he did make one mistake and repented for 13 years. He did have to suffer in the first 5 with neither draupadi and behemoth talking to him. Overall he was the soul/ leader of Pandvas who accepted his mistake. 

...Diala... IF-Sizzlerz
...Diala...
...Diala...

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 12:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

For a moment, I thought that you were talking about Bhima arguing w/ Kunti when he was the one who volunteered, but reading it, I realized you're talking about Yudisthir.

I was actually shocked reading what he said.  Protecting themselves from Duryodhan being more important than protecting the Brahmins from Baku

Oh the thread is about Yudi so I just said he/him instead of his name.. Tongue.. I dint think it will confuse.. 

I got to know about Yudi in this particular section.. poor guy.. all have only given us the impression that he is too much kind and blindly dharmic to the extent that we almost tend to declare him weak and foolish.. but he was not.. I will have to take back my words that I put in my first post of this thread.. Now I voted for 'I like Yudishtar' Wink

Highlighting his words that we discuss

That Bhima, relying on whose arms we sleep happily in the night and hope to recover the kingdom of which we have been deprived by the covetous son of Dhritarashtra, that hero of immeasurable energy, remembering whose prowess Duryodhana and Sakuni do not sleep a wink during the whole night and by whose prowess we were rescued from the palace of lac and various other dangers, that Bhima who caused the death of Purochana, and relying on whose might we regard ourselves as having already slain the sons of Dhritarashtra and acquired the whole earth with all her wealth, upon what considerations, O mother, hast thou resolved upon abandoning him?

Edited by ...Diala... - 29 January 2014 at 12:15am
...Diala... IF-Sizzlerz
...Diala...
...Diala...

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 12:19am | IP Logged
Off topic.. What would have been running in Kunti's mind while Yudi said the below? LOL

'What rash act hast thou done, O mother! It is difficult of being performed and almost amounteth to suicide! The learned never applaud the abandonment of one's own child. 

Edited by ...Diala... - 29 January 2014 at 12:14am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

srishtisingh.Vrish.cherrycooll

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 12:25am | IP Logged
One could do an FF starting w/ Kunti's sentence: 'Son, let me tell you about another son of mine to whom I did precisely that...' Evil Smile
srishtisingh Goldie
srishtisingh
srishtisingh

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 12:34am | IP Logged
k slightly off topic but is there a character in mb who is not so complex?who is completely good or bad? whose actions cant be questioned?or donot give pain to our mind Smile...
if there is plz tell me.i would love to know.i will do shashtang dandwat pranam to him/her

Edited by srishtisingh - 29 January 2014 at 12:32am
...Diala... IF-Sizzlerz
...Diala...
...Diala...

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 12:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by srishtisingh

k slightly off topic but is there a character in mb who is not so complex?who is completely good or bad? whose actions cant be questioned?or donot give pain to our mind Smile...
if there is plz tell me.i would love to know.i will do shashtang dandwat pranam to him/her

Absolutely no.. no one.. the reason for y I din't have any interest in Yudi earlier and why I have now is this complexity.. earlier I thought he was not so interesting to look into..

and this is the beauty and that is what these CVs are spoiling..Ouch

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

srishtisingh

...Diala... IF-Sizzlerz
...Diala...
...Diala...

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 12:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

One could do an FF starting w/ Kunti's sentence: 'Son, let me tell you about another son of mine to whom I did precisely that...' Evil Smile

LOLLOL

or can have her misunderstand Yudi's words and dig her own grave saying "Yudishtar!Shocked How did you get to know the secret of my first son Karna?"

Edited by ...Diala... - 29 January 2014 at 12:46am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 12:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by srishtisingh

A few come to mind

Completely good
  • Amba
  • Pandu
  • Madri
  • Subhadra
  • Abhimanyu
  • Uttara
  • Uttar
  • Sveta
Completely bad
  • Dhritarashtra