SUBHADRA'S WELCOME:SS

OmkaraKiParvati thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
THIS IS MY FIRST STORY SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME. DON'T THROW TOMATOES AND SLIPPERS AT ME. 

Draupadi was sitting in her quarters. She was angry, very angry. Arjuna had married Subhadra. It was the year that she was to spend with Arjuna. But now, Arjuna had married another woman and was bringing her to Hastinapur today. She thought,"I had clearly told my five husbands that the year I spend with one of my husbands, he shall not bring his other wives to Hastinapur. But Arjuna did not keep up his word. He is bringing Subhadra to Hastinapur." She was fuming with anger when the sound of trumpets were heard. A dasi came in,"Pranipaath Maharani." Draupadi asked,"What is it Sunanda ?" The dasi said,"Kumar Arjuna and his new wife have arrived Maharani." Draupadi dismissed the maid and was in anger. She thought,"No. I will not be there to welcome them." In the main gate Kunti was standing with a thali in her hand to welcome her new daughter-in-law. She was happy that Arjuna had married her neice Subhadra, Yudishter, Bheem, Nakul and Sahadev were also standing there to welcome their new sister-in-law. Arjuna got down from the chariot and helped Subhadra down. Subhadra looked beautiful in her attire. Her beauty could take people'e breadth away. She went and touched Kunti's feet. Kunti made her stand and said,"Subhadra. I am very happy to have you here." Subhadra smiled and bent down to touch Yudishter's feet. Yudishter blessed her and said,"Welcome to Hastinapur Subhadra."Next Subhadra touched Bheem's feet and he also blessed her. Yudishter called Arjuna aside and said,"Arjuna ! You have broken the agreement with Draupadi. How could you do this ?" Arjuna replied,"Jesht ! I know I have broken the agreement with Draupadi. I sent a sandesh to you. Didn't she read it ?" Yudishter replied," No Arjuna. She did not read it. The moment she heard that you married Subhadra, she left to her quarters." Arjuna was at a loss as to what to do. He went to Draupadi. But Draupadi was not willing to see him or speak to kin. He said,"Krishnaa, please try to understand." But Draupadi would have none of that. Arjuna called for Subhadra then. Subhadra came dressed as a village girl and said to Draupadi," Please accept me as your servent." Draupadi was shocked to hear this. She looked at Subhadra. Subhadra was looking down with a humble look. Draupadi went to her and lifted her chin up. A sense of warmth washed over her. She could not hate Subhadra ho much ever she wanted to.Yes. She made a condition that the husband with whom she was spending the year should not bring any of his other wives but she couldn't bring herself to hate Subhadra, not because she was Shri Krishna's sister but because she had grown to accept Subhadra as a younger sister. She smiled at Subhadra. Subhaadra fell at her feet crying and asked for forgiveness. Draupadi was touched by this. She made Subhadra stand up, wiped her tears and said," No Subhadra... You are like my younger sister. I wanted to hate you but I couldn't . Stop crying on your wedding day and come with me." Arjuna was looking at them in awe. After much of pleading, he counldn't make Draupadi accept Subhadra but one look at Subhadra and Draupadi forgot all her anger. Draupadi took Subhadra into her washing chambers dressed Subhadra up and brought her out. Kunti and The Pandavas were very happy to see this. Draupadi welcomed Subhadra by doing harathi and from then on theybecame the best of friends and sisters...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RosChel.Lobster thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Awww its lovely Deepika. ..beautifully put up 👍🏼
Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
wanted to read a story on this thanks
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
it was awesome, dear, you should write more often.
OmkaraKiParvati thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
thanx a lot guys. i thought it would nt go well wid u guys.
Cotswolds thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Very touching. Pls do write more. 👏
KrishnaSourav thumbnail
Beautiful touching os
loved it 
thanks for it 
Do write more 
sonanai thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hope they show the same thing in this show too..
guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
haha when you wrote sandesh .. I immediately thought of the sweet ... then I realized it was a letter you were talking about 😆
Shailoo92 thumbnail
Beautifully put up.
Nice