Mahabharat

India-Forums

Mahabharat
Mahabharat

Most defamed in this serial? (Page 6)

Poll Question: Which character so far has been shredded the most in this serial?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [1.69%]
6 [10.17%]
1 [1.69%]
9 [15.25%]
38 [64.41%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [6.78%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

navya19 IF-Stunnerz
navya19
navya19

Posted: 10 January 2014 at 5:31pm | IP Logged
My vote go to Satyavati as she is been shown as vamp in this MB and next is Draupad he is shown bad mouthing his daughter & torturing brahmins

...Diala... IF-Sizzlerz
...Diala...
...Diala...

Posted: 10 January 2014 at 9:25pm | IP Logged
So Yudi is in 2nd place? Clap
guenhwyvar IF-Rockerz
guenhwyvar
guenhwyvar

Posted: 10 January 2014 at 9:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

There are way too many characters which have been defamed, but I think the worst portrayals so far have been Bhima & Drupada.
In the Mahabharat epic, Bhima is my favorite character after Lord Krishna, but in this serial he is one of my least, because all they do is show him eating and bullying Nakul around. Dead

As for Drupad, he had his faults, no one's denying it. He treating Drona poorly and deserved to be defeated by his disciples. He was proud and arrogant at times, but was he a sexist and a sadist? NO. Censored There is no account of him torturing his own subjects and hating his daughters. He loved Shikhandi when he/she was Shikhandini, and he loved Draupadi also. 
exactly, I think they are confusing modern day Indian fathers (some of them, at least) with ancient Indian fathers. Yes there were some Kings who wanted sons over daughters, but I highly doubt a father would be as cruel to his daughter as this fake-Drupada is doing. 

If I remember correctly, when Krishna was first the narrator (in the beginning), I remember this scene / promo where Krishna is saying:
"yada yada hi dharmasya 
glanir bhavati bharata 
abhyutthanam adharmasya 
tadatmanam srjamy aham"

"paritranaya sadhunam 
vinasaya ca duskrtam 
dharma-samsthapanarthaya 
sambhavami yuge yuge"

Seeing Drupada torture those poor brahmins, surely Krishna will come to slap him in the face (speaking of which, can't wait to see one of those... the slaps from NDTV Ramayana still makes me laugh)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gowri122..RamKiJanaki..

Go to top