Page 2 Page 2

najmaa

Goldie

najmaa

Posted: 05 January 2014 at 4:06am | IP Logged

I am a lone traveller: Anuj Sachdeva

DC | Tuba Raqshan | 4 hours 18 min ago

Anuj Sachdeva is an actor and a model

Vacations, for me, are about adding an extra day or two to explore the country I am shooting in. After wrapping up the shoot, I travel around the place. But, I mostly explore on my own. It feels like you are travelling on your own but you're not " because you are also working. It is different and exciting. I discovered new cultures and fabulous places this way. I recently travelled to Krakow in Poland. It was really beautiful.

Recently, I also visited Grossglockner in the mountains of Austria. I went there at the right time, as it was very beautiful, covered with snow. I visited the chapel of Heiligenblut, which was one of the most beautiful churches I've ever seen. This chapel contains a relic of the Blood of Christ. I also walked around the cemetery behind the church and noticed that each grave had a different carving relating to the person who had died, like the jobs that they had. The weather was fabulous and I stayed in a charming guest house run by a German couple. They gave me the attic. I was really scared because in most horror movies, spooky events start in the attic. I couldn't sleep for quite a while.

I really enjoy meeting new people and learn about different cultures. I also learn a lot in the process. In fact, when I was travelling to Ljubljana, I googled and figured out how to pronounce it correctly.

I also love exploring local cuisines. Most places in Austria have a lot of meat in their cuisine. I am not a very keen non-vegetarian, but in countries like these, I make it a point to try out such delicacies. I tried out the goulash, a beef stew served with thick slices of bread, which is very popular in Austria. I also realised a strange thing: Most places in Austria have stuffed animals on the walls. It is a bit disconcerting to see a deer's head just above you and wonder if some of that meat has gone into the stew. That was awkward.

At the end of the day, I would say that to know yourself, travel alone. You have to speak to other people. It is only our mindset that deters us from interacting with strangers. Interestingly, I found that most people were very open to speaking to tourists and very helpful too.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

gurukhushimmirasarita_barun-BarunSanz-bkambershowviewerspate22jaya100Sidda8GuineaamaiaGodhuliLogonsadhnasoumya

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "I am a lone traveller: Anuj Sachdeva" in Chhan Chhan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Arshi.Sugi.IPK

IF-Stunnerz

Arshi.Sugi.IPK

Posted: 05 January 2014 at 6:28am | IP Logged
TFS

SaNishDeewani

SaNishDeewani

Posted: 05 January 2014 at 8:22am | IP Logged
TFS !! 

sadhnasoumya

IF-Addictz

sadhnasoumya