Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Priyanka Chopra takes on Vidya on Koffee With Karan - Page 6

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
As stunning as PC was in Barfi and Jhilmil was beautifully played and granted it was hard for her, but Vidya deserved it for Kahani. Her character was more layered and honestly when there's so many great performances to chose from it becomes difficult. It's okay for PC to feel the way she did but at the end of the day last year was a great year for female characters and roles. I'm glad her father told her to be a sport and clap for someone else...that was awfully sweet and she shouldn't have sour grapes. It happens. Just b/c you don't get an award doesn't mean your performance is any less good but someone might be a tad bit better.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Storybrooke thumbnail
I said it too last year on the forum. Vidya was good in Kahaani but I didn't think her role required as much as PC's did with Jhilmil. 
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
No one likes to lose and Priyanka nailed it as Jhilmil so naturally she would feel bad not sweeping all the awards. I don't think Priyanka said anything wrong, she was honest
HZAnita thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: vedant123

We saw his husband's side only for few minutes... Like I know he was not that great as character but it didn't mean he didn't have any good quality... And do you really think her relation with French guy would have worked!?? No way... She always considered him to be her friend! Over that she had children...

Well, that's the beauty of movies, right?  They're fantasy!  I can imagine that her husband was a jerk, because that is all the movie showed me.  And I can imagine that she and French chef open a lovely restaurant together in NYC and her annoying kids come to see her during the summer and winter breaks and then get shipped back to their annoying father for the rest of the year! 

YMMV! ðŸ˜Š

Signed,
Cold-Hearted, Selfish Moviegoer ðŸ˜‰
bright_star89 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I loved how PC was honest about what she felt and expected... that was very very clear from her take.. her role was difficult and so she expected and I loved her POV about Vidya
Vidya deserved it I think , cos the body language that she carried throughout the film was amazing and the secret of her character  was such an important .part of the film.. she did that brilliantly...
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: JodhaBai

PC actually said 'my performance was more nuanced..."

That's so arrogant.  Leave it to others to say if true but don't go around praising yourself!

I agree on this
pakeezah thumbnail
vidyas role was straightforward...a lady on a mission...
PC s role had many shades, extremely happy, bewildered,
sad, frightened and all needing a portrayal not normally
done before as an autistic.

Thats what nuanced meant. it WASNT PC praising herself.
fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I loved how she handled this question on KWK. Her answer was very respectful and I liked that she was honest enough to talk about how she indeed called her dad hurt and what he said. Mature. 
EarlyYoungTimes thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
PC was absolutely amazing in her role in Barfi.
Vidya was also good too, guess she got it coz the whole film was resting on her shoulders, though PC had done a phenomenal job!
I liked PC's answer KWK, i din't find it rude at all!