Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Priyanka Chopra takes on Vidya on Koffee With Karan (Page 6)

SG200 IF-Dazzler
SG200
SG200

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 7:36pm | IP Logged
Though I agree with PC here that her performance was more nuanced than VB and much more challenging but why to say that on national TV... it sounds more like sour grapes!  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.

_YoU_KnOw_WhO IF-Dazzler
_YoU_KnOw_WhO
_YoU_KnOw_WhO

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 7:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ponymo

Originally posted by _YoU_KnOw_WhO

Originally posted by ponymo

Personally I agree with Priyanka, Vidya was quite ordinary in Kahaani, but then the whole film was about her and it was very successful. Nobody but her could understand it better because in 2008, Ash had delivered a better performance in Jodhaa Akbar than her in Fashion, but she walked away with the awards because hers was a female oriented movie with her carrying the whole film on her shoulders.

It is quite common. I think in some interview, Vidya had said she thought she gave a better performance in No one killed Jessica but she got all the awards for The Dirty Picture, for the same reason - the latter was totally carried on her shoulders whereas NOKJ was more of a shared effort.

Jaya Ji, is it you?
Sorry just had to say that LOL

Jaya ji Jaya ji kya cheekh rahe ho? Mere school mein padte thei kya? Angry

LOL
ROFL ROFL
pakeezah IF-Rockerz
pakeezah
pakeezah

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by HZAnita

PC was remarkable in Barfi.  Definitely one of the best performances by an actress in many, many years.  She was virtually unrecognizable, yet managed to get the audience (me, at least!) rooting for her character.

Vidya was great in Kahaani, but I felt she was being rewarded not just for that performance, but for the fact that the movie was a female-centered hit.  She was the hero of that film.

it wasnt the audiences who ignored PC for barfi. Everyone appreciated
her. It was the awards organisers and the reason is clear. Had PC been
a star kid or star wife or head honcho girlfriend they would have created 
an award for her even if they gave the award to VidyaBalan..who deserved
every bit of the awards as much.

Aamir Ajay Devgan John Abraham say the awards are bought/rigged
and PeeCees case is a glaring example and evidence of the same.

FireLordPhoenix

KifPaulholic IF-Sizzlerz
KifPaulholic
KifPaulholic

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 9:05pm | IP Logged
yeah PC did deserve to win for Barfi.more than vidya I mean Vidya is good actress and all, but playing Autistic character is hard. its not everyone's cup of tea. it was hard to believe that she didn't win.

Edited by Kifsrkdewani - 04 January 2014 at 9:03pm

.khoobsurat.

GundayVedant IF-Sizzlerz
GundayVedant
GundayVedant

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 10:10pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by vedant123

Originally posted by Mallika-E-Bhais

I can't believe I forgot about English Vinglish. That was such a great movie. And Sridevi was fantastic in that one too. I loved how she was so subtle and believable in her character's gradual transformation.

Although I was hoping beyond hope that her character would run off with the French chef!!Wink

@Bold: BINGO! I was one of those who was ARDENTLY hoping for this!!Crygutted that it didn't happen. ( even though I knew it never would.)

That would have been stupid and too dramatic honestly speaking

I am happy Gauri didn't play with character of Shashi and didn't put that angle of love! Few months of togetherness and years of companionship... Shashi took right step

It definitely would have gone against character, but really?? The guy who's been treating you like crap for who knows how long (and encouraging your children to do the same) versus a guy who treats you with respect and, on top of that, is hot? And FRENCH??? LOLLOLLOL

ETA: Plus, he COOKS too??? C'mon!Wink

We saw his husband's side only for few minutes... Like I know he was not that great as character but it didn't mean he didn't have any good quality... And do you really think her relation with French guy would have worked!?? No way... She always considered him to be her friend! Over that she had children...
Debarati7 IF-Dazzler
Debarati7
Debarati7

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
Both were equally deserving...but i guess Vidya got it because she was the only known face of the film..and carried the movie forward completely on her own..Where as PC had Ranbir's stellar perfornance as a support..

Edited by Debarati7 - 04 January 2014 at 10:37pm
BollyBoy Goldie
BollyBoy
BollyBoy

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 10:42pm | IP Logged
Priyanka Chopra should have won for Barfi! last year without a doubt... it's nice of her to be understanding of why they gave Vidya the award instead of her...

.khoobsurat.

Lemonsunrise Goldie
Lemonsunrise
Lemonsunrise

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
Ouch Sorry but you don't say anything like this on national TV at all it sound total sour grape that she's jealous of Vidya. I loved PC in Barfi! But Vidya was so nice to her as always and praised her performance in Barfi! Even in SKM Vidya said if I don't win then PC should win.

That statement was such a turn off from PC side even if she's right I wouldn't support that statement at all.

Edited by Lemonsunrise - 04 January 2014 at 11:35pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

FireLordPhoenixadyluvskat

Go to top