Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Priyanka Chopra takes on Vidya on Koffee With Karan (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 8

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 8
Page 6 Page 8

YusBee

IF-Sizzlerz

YusBee

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by atominis

Originally posted by vedant123

Originally posted by Mallika-E-Bhais

Originally posted by HZAnita

I can't believe I forgot about English Vinglish. That was such a great movie. And Sridevi was fantastic in that one too. I loved how she was so subtle and believable in her character's gradual transformation.

Although I was hoping beyond hope that her character would run off with the French chef!!Wink

@Bold: BINGO! I was one of those who was ARDENTLY hoping for this!!Crygutted that it didn't happen. ( even though I knew it never would.)

That would have been stupid and too dramatic honestly speaking

I am happy Gauri didn't play with character of Shashi and didn't put that angle of love! Few months of togetherness and years of companionship... Shashi took right step

How would that be stupid? It was the French guy who changed Shashi's life, got her to value herself, realise her self worth. He gave her respect that nobody else did.

Shashi's husband was an ugly MCP who devalued her, belitted her work, mocked her, demoralised her and rather teamed up with daughter to mock Shashi. He did not teach even kids to respect their mother. He made fun of her attempts to learn English. He barely ever listened to her or tried to gauge her feelings. He'd ignore her most of the time but pull her to bed when he wanted to. What kind of companionship is that?

Gauri Shinde ended film this way only to appease traditional audience and uphold stereotypes about how an Indian woman ideally ought to be like. Till the end she kept Sridevi weak with her family. Shashi could never even control her crude daughter. Shashi's quitting her classes just to be with family and help with wedding prep was also backwardness. Why show her feeling guilty about focusing on self and "forgetting" about family? An hour or two of a class makes a woman selfish and careless? If son was injured then it was husband's responsibility to handle him too.
The last part of the film is pretty disappointing IMO.

But right from the start, Shashi was not shown to be attracted to Laurent. Yes she did thank him for making her realize who she really is but there was a difference between the way Laurent approached Shashi and the way Shashi approached Laurent. It was always a one sided attraction from the start till the end. So I don't think Gauri ended the film in a way that it pleases the Indian audience. Shashi from first wanted respect and love only from her husband and daughter. Even in the scene at the terrace, Shashi behaved more as a friend.Looked more like her character was written from the start the same way they showed her at the end, loving her husband and family. (my reply is only based on the bold lines).

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Serendipity.FireLordPhoenix

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Priyanka Chopra takes on Vidya on Koffee With Karan (Page 5)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

poetic

IF-Rockerz

poetic

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Lol so PC is actually now deciding whether she is giving a nuanced performance or not? (irrespective of who deserves what)
Vidya was amazing in Kahaani and so was PC in Barfi, though Ranbeer was definitely the cynosure of the film.

Also, as far as I understand, the FF awards Popular Categories are based on votes. 

-Inferno-.khoobsurat.

HZAnita

Goldie

HZAnita

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vedant123

Originally posted by Mallika-E-Bhais

Originally posted by HZAnita

I can't believe I forgot about English Vinglish.  That was such a great movie.  And Sridevi was fantastic in that one too.  I loved how she was so subtle and believable in her character's gradual transformation.

Although I was hoping beyond hope that her character would run off with the French chef!!Wink

@Bold: BINGO! I was one of those who was ARDENTLY hoping for this!! Cry gutted that it didn't happen. ( even though I knew it never would.)

That would have been stupid and too dramatic honestly speaking

I am happy Gauri didn't play with character of Shashi and didn't put that angle of love! Few months of togetherness and years of companionship... Shashi took right step

It definitely would have gone against character, but really??  The guy who's been treating you like crap for who knows how long (and encouraging your children to do the same) versus a guy who treats you with respect and, on top of that, is hot?  And FRENCH???  LOLLOLLOL

ETA: Plus, he COOKS too???  C'mon! Wink

Edited by HZAnita - 04 January 2014 at 12:44pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

RangeelaaSridevilatominisMallika-E-Bhais

Sridevil

Goldie

Sridevil

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
I've said it before and I'll say it a thousand more times.
SRIDEVI gave the best performance of the last 100 years with English Vinglish. She deserved Best Actress, Best Critics Actress, Best Special Award, Lifetime Achievement Award, 40+ Years Of Cinema Award, and heck even Best Comeback Award!!!!!!

[/stan]

Clap

JungFrau

Goldie

JungFrau

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
Portrayal wise PC's role was difficult but vidya's role was centric and also ranbir hogged all limelight for barfi reducing PC's character impact. 
Sridevi's performance was mind blowing though. She deserved the award.

Sridevil.khoobsurat.

.khoobsurat.

IF-Sizzlerz

.khoobsurat.

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
Ouch. I wonder what Vidya would think about this. I hope they ask her about it. 
I think it sounds really desperate when actresses come on National television and say I deserved it more than her. It was annoying when Anuska said and it and it still annoying when PC said it. It just makes you look bad and seems like sour grapes. And I disagree with her statement about her performance being the most nuanced. I think Vidya is more of a natural actress than her. And why say this after a whole year had passed? Confused And plus she did get a few awards didn't she? Vidya didn't get all of it. Don't be that selfish PC. 

That said..I do agree that PC deserved the award more than Vidya as PC's role was more challenging..I didn't see anything special in Vidya's performance. Only scene that she was impressive in was the end scene. Like some mentioned she probably got the award because Khaaani ..was a solo female film that was a hit. 

But like many mentioned..Sredevi deserved it better than both of them. Her performance was the one that moved me the most. 

Edited by beboholic - 04 January 2014 at 5:52pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

FireLordPhoenix

kimi484

Goldie

kimi484

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 6:57pm | IP Logged
i agree with pc
jhilmil was more complexed to play
than to play vidya's character in kahani
vidya acted brilliantly but it was not a difficult role.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.

Mehar23

IF-Dazzler

Mehar23

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
I can't believe she's actually going around saying her performance was more nuanced. You just don't say something like that on national tv. People who praise themselves sound like total jackasses...sheesh, let that the audience decide that.
P.s. I haven't seen kahani, so can't say if Vidya's performance was better than pc's or not.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Rangeelaa.Serendipity.JodhaBaiFireLordPhoenix.khoobsurat.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top