Page 1 of 8

Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 2 Page 8

GundayVedant

IF-Sizzlerz

GundayVedant

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 9:39am | IP Logged

The award season is round the corner and so is the tension in the air. Every actress worth her name has her eyes on the top awards this season and Priyanka Chopra is no different.

The actress who recently made an appearance on Karan Johar's chat show Koffee With Karan brought up the fact that she wasn't very happy when last year, Vidya Balan bagged all the top awards in best actress category with 'Kahaani'. But she was quick to add that, "I think my performance (in 'Barfi'!) was a lot more nuanced and different. It was completely different from everything I had done before. But then Vidya supported the entire film on her own shoulders, so I understand."

This year PeeCee has a multi-crore hit 'Krrish 3' to her credit, making her one of the most bankable actresses in Bollywood after Deepika Padukone who has given a series of hits this year ('Chennai Express', 'Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani', 'Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela'). The two looked very comfortable in each other's company on Karan's couch. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Sridevilloveyoupreeto.Serendipity.delena_chimchimcher-eeoblivious.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Priyanka Chopra takes on Vidya on Koffee With Karan" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Gauri_Laada

Goldie

Gauri_Laada

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 9:46am | IP Logged
if Barfi was resting on PC's shoulders, she would have got the best actress award for sure...but her character was under wraps during the promos, and was hardly given importance. people had to go to watch to recognize her where Kahaani had Vidya from start to end...and Kahaani was about Patriotism rather than Love...and Patriotism/Terrorism is considered far more Important. I agree with PC. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-Sridevilirene_cilovedhanjanirdVintageWine

HZAnita

Goldie

HZAnita

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 9:52am | IP Logged
PC was remarkable in Barfi.  Definitely one of the best performances by an actress in many, many years.  She was virtually unrecognizable, yet managed to get the audience (me, at least!) rooting for her character.

Vidya was great in Kahaani, but I felt she was being rewarded not just for that performance, but for the fact that the movie was a female-centered hit.  She was the hero of that film.

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

Cadbury_13mnmj-Swetha-bright_star89loveyoupreetolovely_lady.Serendipity.I_Heart_Friends.Anamika.manjerypakeezahVintageWineoblivious.Miss.Colorfull.khoobsurat.ilovedhanjanird-Barun

GundayVedant

IF-Sizzlerz

GundayVedant

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 9:53am | IP Logged
I am happy that she finally came out of this thing... I still can't believe she didn't win the FF! She so deserved it(so did Vidya but Atleast critics choice)
No problem PeeCee you will win all these awards next year for sure :D

GundayVedant

IF-Sizzlerz

GundayVedant

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 9:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by HZAnita

PC was remarkable in Barfi.  Definitely one of the best performances by an actress in many, many years.  She was virtually unrecognizable, yet managed to get the audience (me, at least!) rooting for her character.

Vidya was great in Kahaani, but I felt she was being rewarded not just for that performance, but for the fact that the movie was a female-centered hit.  She was the hero of that film.

True but I can't understand why was winner decided on fact that actress was carrying the film on shoulders!?? Like Isn't it BEST Actress award... It's not like some BO pull or something of sorts Because in that sense Salman Khan deserves to win every award

We say woman should be treated equally and we ourselves start to discriminate them on such terms :/

F.M.D.

F.M.D.

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 9:56am | IP Logged
Vidya was better then Priyanka in my opinion, but Sridevi was the best last year! I cant believe she has not won any award. So unfair!

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

Messi91100HZAnita.Serendipity.Sridevilbright_star89WaitForIt-Debarati7kitkatahaadyluvskatFireLordPhoenixBigbang_GDoblivious.ani_grYusBee.khoobsurat.Mallika-E-Bhais

manjery

IF-Dazzler

manjery

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 10:05am | IP Logged
i also liked pc in barfi and was really surprised that she didnt get awards for that its not easy to play an autistic character  without overdoing it but i am hoping that  this year pc will be appreciated for   mary com 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

VintageWine

LangdaTyagi

IF-Rockerz

LangdaTyagi

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 10:08am | IP Logged
PC deserved it more than Vidya

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

beintehaaZaYaloveyoupreetoArshi1195.Serendipity.VintageWineMischiefManaged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top