Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Priyanka Chopra takes on Vidya on Koffee With Karan

GundayVedant IF-Sizzlerz
GundayVedant
GundayVedant

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 9:39am | IP Logged

The award season is round the corner and so is the tension in the air. Every actress worth her name has her eyes on the top awards this season and Priyanka Chopra is no different.

The actress who recently made an appearance on Karan Johar's chat show Koffee With Karan brought up the fact that she wasn't very happy when last year, Vidya Balan bagged all the top awards in best actress category with 'Kahaani'. But she was quick to add that, "I think my performance (in 'Barfi'!) was a lot more nuanced and different. It was completely different from everything I had done before. But then Vidya supported the entire film on her own shoulders, so I understand."

This year PeeCee has a multi-crore hit 'Krrish 3' to her credit, making her one of the most bankable actresses in Bollywood after Deepika Padukone who has given a series of hits this year ('Chennai Express', 'Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani', 'Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela'). The two looked very comfortable in each other's company on Karan's couch. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Sridevilloveyoupreeto.Serendipity.delena_chimchimcher-eeoblivious.

Gauri_Laada Goldie

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 9:46am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-Sridevilirene_cilovedhanjanirdVintageWine

HZAnita Goldie
HZAnita
HZAnita

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 9:52am | IP Logged
PC was remarkable in Barfi.  Definitely one of the best performances by an actress in many, many years.  She was virtually unrecognizable, yet managed to get the audience (me, at least!) rooting for her character.

Vidya was great in Kahaani, but I felt she was being rewarded not just for that performance, but for the fact that the movie was a female-centered hit.  She was the hero of that film.

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

Cadbury_13mnmj-Swetha-bright_star89loveyoupreetolovely_lady.Serendipity.I_Heart_Friends.Anamika.manjerypakeezahVintageWineoblivious.Miss.Colorfull.khoobsurat.ilovedhanjanird-Barun

GundayVedant IF-Sizzlerz
GundayVedant
GundayVedant

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 9:53am | IP Logged
I am happy that she finally came out of this thing... I still can't believe she didn't win the FF! She so deserved it(so did Vidya but Atleast critics choice)
No problem PeeCee you will win all these awards next year for sure :D
GundayVedant IF-Sizzlerz
GundayVedant
GundayVedant

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 9:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by HZAnita

PC was remarkable in Barfi.  Definitely one of the best performances by an actress in many, many years.  She was virtually unrecognizable, yet managed to get the audience (me, at least!) rooting for her character.

Vidya was great in Kahaani, but I felt she was being rewarded not just for that performance, but for the fact that the movie was a female-centered hit.  She was the hero of that film.

True but I can't understand why was winner decided on fact that actress was carrying the film on shoulders!?? Like Isn't it BEST Actress award... It's not like some BO pull or something of sorts Because in that sense Salman Khan deserves to win every award

We say woman should be treated equally and we ourselves start to discriminate them on such terms :/
F.M.D. Senior Member
F.M.D.
F.M.D.

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 9:56am | IP Logged
Vidya was better then Priyanka in my opinion, but Sridevi was the best last year! I cant believe she has not won any award. So unfair!

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

Messi91100HZAnita.Serendipity.Sridevilbright_star89WaitForIt-Debarati7kitkatahaadyluvskatFireLordPhoenixBigbang_GDoblivious.ani_grYusBee.khoobsurat.Mallika-E-Bhais

manjery IF-Dazzler
manjery
manjery

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 10:05am | IP Logged
i also liked pc in barfi and was really surprised that she didnt get awards for that its not easy to play an autistic character  without overdoing it but i am hoping that  this year pc will be appreciated for   mary com 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

VintageWine

Johnny.Balraj IF-Rockerz
Johnny.Balraj
Johnny.Balraj

Posted: 04 January 2014 at 10:08am | IP Logged
PC deserved it more than Vidya

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

beintehaaZaYaloveyoupreeto.Serendipity.Arshi1195VintageWineAvadaKedavra

Go to top