Debate Mansion

   

America - the best place in the world? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 4

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 4

dianaansari

IF-Dazzler

dianaansari

Joined: 27 February 2006

Posts: 2897

Posted: 29 August 2006 at 4:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aambika567

Do you think America is the best country in the world. Or the worst?

i think that it is one of the good places...will mention the reasons

Why America is good?

its really accepting of foreigners. does not mean that theres not discrimination, but at least it tries it hardest. unlike in my birth country, people look at other asian immigrants like freaking bad. also u can do and be almost anything that you want if you try hard enough. well rewind that...it gives you the opportunity. to. also they teach you to be independent.  

Why America is not good?

there are a lot of stupid things here like discrimination. it does exist, but then where does it not? another thing is that they think that the world revolves around them, but then most people do think that their country revolves around their own. i know i used to LOL

Same here.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "America - the best place in the world? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

RandomSquared

IF-Sizzlerz

RandomSquared

Teen Bahuraaniyan Banner Contest Winner

Joined: 20 December 2005

Posts: 11970

Posted: 29 August 2006 at 5:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aambika567

Do you think America is the best country in the world. Or the worst?

i think that it is one of the good places...will mention the reasons

Why America is good?

its really accepting of foreigners. does not mean that theres not discrimination, but at least it tries it hardest. unlike in my birth country, people look at other asian immigrants like freaking bad. also u can do and be almost anything that you want if you try hard enough. well rewind that...it gives you the opportunity. to. also they teach you to be independent.  

Why America is not good?

there are a lot of stupid things here like discrimination. it does exist, but then where does it not? another thing is that they think that the world revolves around them, but then most people do think that their country revolves around their own. i know i used to LOL

tru

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Joined: 20 October 2004

Posts: 11310

Posted: 29 August 2006 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
wow...good debate

born and raised in America, it is the best place in the world to live in for me because it is the only place in the world i've lived in.

i agree with the points mentioned by many of the people who posted before me especially desi pride.

two things she said tht really suck to me are why immigrants who do not like america, migrate here and why havn't they moved back yet and when asked if a person is america or the nationality of their heritage, why that person has to choose.

i have seen and experienced both these points and i still dont get them. i mean i know of many uncles and aunties who migrated to america and they keep on talking about how horrible bush is (hes not exactly my favorite president either...all politicians are unfortunately corrupt...it dusnt matter wat part of the world they live in Ouch), or how there r all these flaws in america. listening to their conversations always puzzles me. i mean attachment to their homeland and memories of childhood is natural but why critisize the county they CHOSE to live in and the country that has given them a better lifestyle than their homeland (why else would they migrate).

and as for being the nationality of the country of our heritage or being american...why should we compromise?...we know we are both...then why should we choose?

when people ask me if i consider myself american or pakistani i saw im an american pakistani but more importantly im a human

all i think i did was reiterate what others said LOL...guess i checked this thread out too late and every1 said everything i wanted 2 say

khads45

Goldie

khads45

Joined: 22 May 2006

Posts: 1435

Posted: 29 August 2006 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
i think the best place in the world is where ever u were born, so for me it would Pak!!

*TiA*

Senior Member

*TiA*

Joined: 15 January 2006

Posts: 250

Posted: 09 September 2006 at 2:09pm | IP Logged
LOL LOL LOL ...i definately wudnt go as far as sayin tht the USA is the best place in the world.

CuteManjot

Senior Member

CuteManjot

Joined: 30 June 2006

Posts: 307

Posted: 09 September 2006 at 3:08pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by *TiA*

LOL LOL LOL ...i definately wudnt go as far as sayin tht the USA is the best place in the world.

ya i live in canada and i lik it here but it matters were u r and how u liv becuz if u went to india they would say that is the best place and i do u lik living in india as well it is the same were every u go u can liv in india and say that is ur home but then if u move to us u can say that is ur home

|Persephone|

IF-Veteran Member

|Persephone|

BollyCurry Director

Joined: 30 October 2004

Posts: 13741

Posted: 09 September 2006 at 6:08pm | IP Logged

LOL

Originally posted by ~LiL*PrInCeZ~

wow...good debate

born and raised in America, it is the best place in the world to live in for me because it is the only place in the world i've lived in.

i agree with the points mentioned by many of the people who posted before me especially desi pride.

two things she said tht really suck to me are why immigrants who do not like america, migrate here and why havn't they moved back yet and when asked if a person is america or the nationality of their heritage, why that person has to choose.

i have seen and experienced both these points and i still dont get them. i mean i know of many uncles and aunties who migrated to america and they keep on talking about how horrible bush is (hes not exactly my favorite president either...all politicians are unfortunately corrupt...it dusnt matter wat part of the world they live in Ouch), or how there r all these flaws in america. listening to their conversations always puzzles me. i mean attachment to their homeland and memories of childhood is natural but why critisize the county they CHOSE to live in and the country that has given them a better lifestyle than their homeland (why else would they migrate).

and as for being the nationality of the country of our heritage or being american...why should we compromise?...we know we are both...then why should we choose?

when people ask me if i consider myself american or pakistani i saw im an american pakistani but more importantly im a human

all i think i did was reiterate what others said LOL...guess i checked this thread out too late and every1 said everything i wanted 2 say

ditto.....i dun wanna write anything more cuz everyone already said everything!!!

shikara

Groupbie

shikara

Joined: 10 November 2005

Posts: 104

Posted: 09 September 2006 at 6:49pm | IP Logged
Hi everyone,

I have been a long time silent member but this topic forced me to answer. I am from Canada and have moved recently to the US and of course am desi. I just wanted to say to all those who say those who complain well go back to where you came from, I think you are being unfair. US, Canada are democracies and as a citizen and or resident I am allowed to complain about what I dont like about this country. Just becuase you can make out from our skin color that we arent from here we say get out if you dont like, how would you feel a a white person said that to you? I hope I havent offended anyone, I personally would choose to live in Canada as its my home than India though I am proud to be Indo Canadian.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
Should america forget the 9/11???

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19

amEn.aaMir 147 6379 15 September 2009 at 5:41pm
By P1nk
Politicians.....learn from America

2 3

RUSmart 21 1264 26 January 2009 at 1:54pm
By gin_ger_ale
Who dares fight with America?

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11

IdeaQueen 85 3978 08 May 2008 at 3:55am
By nitasuni
India is not India...it's America...

2

SmarterDesiKid 10 2253 10 August 2007 at 10:59pm
By UDman
why bullying is increasing in N.America??

2 3

mcm226 16 1438 07 April 2007 at 1:20pm
By lighthouse

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.