Debate Mansion

America - the best place in the world? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

momogrl21

IF-Veteran Member

momogrl21

Posted: 28 August 2006 at 5:34pm | IP Logged

No no...I'm not saying only the help attracts me. The best thing is like you said being with your fellow country men and my being close with my family who I can visit only every two years. I was just laying out some facts that differenciate India and America. But being with your own is always the BEST! I also love my India! Smile

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

My point - I LOVE India!!!! If i go back i will go back to be with my family and to be with my own fellow country men !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me neither do servants attract me nor does the sucky public transportation system !!Tongue

Originally posted by momogrl21

Being born and brought up in America, I do not
think it is the best place to live. When I go to India,
I see how much easier it is there. You do not need
to own a car because of the many transportation
methods. Even middle class families have someone to
clean the house, wash dishes, etc. In America, just
thinking of a maid would cost a lot. In India, you have
someone to pick up clothes to be ironed, someone to
deliver your stuff from the market, someone to take your
lunch to you, and soo much more! In American you have to
take care of everything yourself which can lead to a very
stressful life! I know many young people in India have dreams
to move to the US and get a job...but I think they should be
really happy to be livng in their homeland with their own
people Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "America - the best place in the world? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

momogrl21

IF-Veteran Member

momogrl21

Posted: 28 August 2006 at 5:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Desi Pride

people Smile

good points, but when I think of it...I love drivingLOLand I honestly think I'd be a lazy bum if I had a maid to do everything for me, I think having to do some house chores keeps you going. But, yes, it is very comfortable when you have a driver and a maid

well said! but i'm not saying the maid should do everything! its just nice to have some help. i try to help my mom as much as i could.sometimes i tell her hust to relax! just because you have a maid in india, doesn't mean you're relaxing at home. my aunt in mumbai has a maid who washes dishes and cleans the house but that doesn't stop my aunt from making three meals a day for her family, folding clothes, and doing other stuff. but when you have someone to help you it feels sort of nice. You still have certain things to do Smile

Neelu.RoX

IF-Rockerz

Neelu.RoX

Posted: 28 August 2006 at 9:35pm | IP Logged
For some odd reason, even though i was born and raised in the US, it not my favorite place to live. To tell you the truth i really hate it here! Whenever i visit India i just feel more at home and more comfertable there with the people. Maybe because I am just like them. But when i am in the US, everything is so different, even though the people are nice i just feel out of place. i guess it was the way i was bought up.

My parents like ot here, but they Love india, and they are just here since they have a good life, they are scared to move bacl there and not have a good life. I am a minor so i have to live with my parents. But when i graudate univeristy, i am definalty going to go to india. Smile

Neelu.RoX

IF-Rockerz

Neelu.RoX

Posted: 28 August 2006 at 9:39pm | IP Logged

people Smile

I agree with you 100%. I was born and raisied here in the US. But i just dont feel at home for some reason. Maybe its because of the people here are just not as friendly. People in India just call eachother Bhaiya and Bhena even if u dont know them! As what you said, its so much of a easier life in India, you dont have to do any of the work your self, usless you really have no money. Its so realiving to know you can go anywhere whenever you want without having a car or a driver.  Resident Indians have the life man!

Krishana Tulsi

Krishana Tulsi

Posted: 29 August 2006 at 4:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Minnie

I hate it when my elder relayives talk shit about America, I pnce told ym Uncle, thayt if he hates this country so much, why doesnt he go back to bangladesh? He didnt answer back, I know no matter how much crap they say abput this country, they wont leave, because inside they know this is the best place to live.

Its not just Uncles and Aunties but second gen kids like you who talk ill of the Country they live- especially UK and US. They haven't even lived any where else funnily. If you read old posts you will know what i mean.

Desi pride i must say i am impressed by your maturity, you are proud of Bangladesh( as per your ID) and love the country you live in !

I would say the same to any one who has issues with US or UK and lives there but HATES it so bad," Go back to your home country ! US didn't beg you to live here . Infact it was you or your family who stood in long cues in the American Embassy in your home country and told the Immigration officer why you wanted to migrate to America" . And now all you do is curse it!!Confused

exactly, i mean, i noe so many ppl hu came here illegally, and did so much to cum to America, and now there all like "Oh this country this, this coutry that"...i jus wanna b like, dude no one asked u to live here...LOL lolz thnax, im 100% proud of what I am. I remember when I went to bangladesh this year, someone asked me if I was American or Banglali, I just asked "Why cant I be both?"...its dat simple.

Brilliant !!!! I am so very surprised and happy at the level of maturity you have !!!

You have written word by word of what I feel too.

I too really talk bad about their adopted country, the same way I feel bad when someone talks ill of India. Knowing and discussing the ills of a society is not the same as being mean to the whole country.

I agree!...i do feel that wen ppl come to UK they are like Blair did this n that well ...go back to where ever u came from because frankly sum ppl still hav to live in this country and if ur coming into this contry jsut respect it n abide by the rules...if u get wat i mean!Big smile

Lost_Soul141

IF-Rockerz

Lost_Soul141

Posted: 29 August 2006 at 9:04am | IP Logged
for me the country your born in is the best country for you, to me its the UK-but i dnt think america is the worst country either

Lost_Soul141

IF-Rockerz

Lost_Soul141

Posted: 29 August 2006 at 9:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Krishana Tulsi

Originally posted by Minnie

I hate it when my elder relayives talk shit about America, I pnce told ym Uncle, thayt if he hates this country so much, why doesnt he go back to bangladesh? He didnt answer back, I know no matter how much crap they say abput this country, they wont leave, because inside they know this is the best place to live.

Its not just Uncles and Aunties but second gen kids like you who talk ill of the Country they live- especially UK and US. They haven't even lived any where else funnily. If you read old posts you will know what i mean.

Desi pride i must say i am impressed by your maturity, you are proud of Bangladesh( as per your ID) and love the country you live in !

I would say the same to any one who has issues with US or UK and lives there but HATES it so bad," Go back to your home country ! US didn't beg you to live here . Infact it was you or your family who stood in long cues in the American Embassy in your home country and told the Immigration officer why you wanted to migrate to America" . And now all you do is curse it!!Confused

exactly, i mean, i noe so many ppl hu came here illegally, and did so much to cum to America, and now there all like "Oh this country this, this coutry that"...i jus wanna b like, dude no one asked u to live here...LOL lolz thnax, im 100% proud of what I am. I remember when I went to bangladesh this year, someone asked me if I was American or Banglali, I just asked "Why cant I be both?"...its dat simple.

Brilliant !!!! I am so very surprised and happy at the level of maturity you have !!!

You have written word by word of what I feel too.

I too really talk bad about their adopted country, the same way I feel bad when someone talks ill of India. Knowing and discussing the ills of a society is not the same as being mean to the whole country.

I agree!...i do feel that wen ppl come to UK they are like Blair did this n that well ...go back to where ever u came from because frankly sum ppl still hav to live in this country and if ur coming into this contry jsut respect it n abide by the rules...if u get wat i mean!Big smile

i totally agree with you

-Masakali-

IF-Dazzler

-Masakali-

Posted: 29 August 2006 at 9:39am | IP Logged
Do you think America is the best country in the world. Or the worst?

i think that it is one of the good places...will mention the reasons

Why America is good?

its really accepting of foreigners. does not mean that theres not discrimination, but at least it tries it hardest. unlike in my birth country, people look at other asian immigrants like freaking bad. also u can do and be almost anything that you want if you try hard enough. well rewind that...it gives you the opportunity. to. also they teach you to be independent.  

Why America is not good?

there are a lot of stupid things here like discrimination. it does exist, but then where does it not? another thing is that they think that the world revolves around them, but then most people do think that their country revolves around their own. i know i used to LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top