Debate Mansion

America - the best place in the world? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

Pradarshak

Goldie

Pradarshak

Posted: 28 August 2006 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
As an Indian I feel I am in the best place in this world after my homeland. It's just that all the time I might not feel that degree of mental comfort which I would have felt in my homeland. But truly speaking, living here has surpassed many of the things(if not all) about living in India.

Every country has it's own social and political problems. When it comes to me, I don't think the problems here affect me or my close ones yet in a huge way. No where in the world is guaranteed to be the safest. At least I don't feel threatened by my neighbouring countries, or get scared to go in a crowded-busy place.(I am not saying that US is not prone to such things, but the system here is far more alert and active, so is dependable). I am not living in fear of getting kicked out of my job or that country like many Indians who live outside India in the middle-east or other south asian countries.

The weather and communication system is the best thing here. You are offered best of the best from all over the world. Meet so many people from all over the world. Live a king-size life, have a job satisfaction. What else can you ask for?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "America - the best place in the world? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 28 August 2006 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Desi Pride

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

Originally posted by Desi Pride

I hate it when my elder relayives talk shit about America, I pnce told ym Uncle, thayt if he hates this country so much, why doesnt he go back to bangladesh? He didnt answer back, I know no matter how much crap they say abput this country, they wont leave, because inside they know this is the best place to live.

Its not just Uncles and Aunties but second gen kids like you who talk ill of the Country they live- especially UK and US. They haven't even lived any where else funnily. If you read old posts you will know what i mean.

Desi pride i must say i am impressed by your maturity, you are proud of Bangladesh( as per your ID) and love the country you live in !

I would say the same to any one who has issues with US or UK and lives there but HATES it so bad," Go back to your home country ! US didn't beg you to live here . Infact it was you or your family who stood in long cues in the American Embassy in your home country and told the Immigration officer why you wanted to migrate to America" . And now all you do is curse it!!Confused

exactly, i mean, i noe so many ppl hu came here illegally, and did so much to cum to America, and now there all like "Oh this country this, this coutry that"...i jus wanna b like, dude no one asked u to live here...LOL lolz thnax, im 100% proud of what I am. I remember when I went to bangladesh this year, someone asked me if I was American or Banglali, I just asked "Why cant I be both?"...its dat simple.

Brilliant !!!! I am so very surprised and happy at the level of maturity you have !!!

You have written word by word of what I feel too.

I too really talk bad about their adopted country, the same way I feel bad when someone talks ill of India. Knowing and discussing the ills of a society is not the same as being mean to the whole country.

momogrl21

IF-Veteran Member

momogrl21

Posted: 28 August 2006 at 3:51pm | IP Logged
Being born and brought up in America, I do not
think it is the best place to live. When I go to India,
I see how much easier it is there. You do not need
to own a car because of the many transportation
methods. Even middle class families have someone to
clean the house, wash dishes, etc. In America, just
thinking of a maid would cost a lot. In India, you have
someone to pick up clothes to be ironed, someone to
deliver your stuff from the market, someone to take your
lunch to you, and soo much more! In American you have to
take care of everything yourself which can lead to a very
stressful life! I know many young people in India have dreams
to move to the US and get a job...but I think they should be
really happy to be livng in their homeland with their own
people Smile

RandomSquared

IF-Sizzlerz

RandomSquared

Teen Bahuraaniyan Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 28 August 2006 at 4:37pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by momogrl21

people Smile

good points, but when I think of it...I love drivingLOLand I honestly think I'd be a lazy bum if I had a maid to do everything for me, I think having to do some house chores keeps you going. But, yes, it is very comfortable when you have a driver and a maid

*Shona*

IF-Veteran Member

*Shona*

Posted: 28 August 2006 at 4:49pm | IP Logged
I somewhat agree with you momogirl Smile ... but I also agree with Desi Pride's point.

When I was in India, we had a maid, a gardener, a driver, a gaurd and what not! And yes life was really easy. I now think that life was 'too' easy. I didnt have to do anything.

But once I moved to Canada, it wasnt the same. We still have a cleaning lady who comes every other week, but its not like India where we have someone 24/7. And I am very grateful to that fact. I have learned to cook, to do my own chores and have become less depandant on others.

Maybe once I have a full married family life and a job it will become stressful, but as of now I think its better I dont have those maids & helpers around me 24/7. Embarrassed

I dont live in the US .. but I think life in Canada is not much different than it is in America.

Just my points .. no offence. Smile

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 28 August 2006 at 4:51pm | IP Logged
OK i must admit i miss my cook and cleaning lady like hell. I left India just 3 years back, the fist year i would wake up every Sunday and almost bellowed "Madhuri ......plllllzzzzzzzzz ek cup Coffee lay aa"Embarrassed

BUT if its help that attracts you let me tell you of my experience and the experience of millions in India that employ help at home.

(the smallest violin in the world plays in the back ground as a narrate this)

My sweet Madhuri (cook)and Laccho(cleaning lady) would take leave exactly on those days i would tell her i am expecting guests over. Infact i stopped telling her just to surprise her. But she was a hard nut to crack, she would walk in , see the crowd in my living room and immediatelly tell me how ill her son was !!Cry

She always planned a leave when i was ill. Her husband fell ill too. Its like we had some sort of spirtual connection.Cry

My Laccho would break more and clean less. When i would scold her she would " Koi baat nahin .....hota hai ...hota hai !!" Areeeeee shouldn't i be saying it ???!!!???Confused

My most stressfull moments were Diwali, Holi, Eid, Christams and all major holidays. We are especially expected to give them bonus + a gift + some mithai + A new saree. I would spend days stressing on what gift to give - cooker preasure or a room cooler. But what ever i gave was always not even a bit as good as what Mrs.Sharma gave her.Cry

Madhuri suddenly falls ill............my pressure goes up thinking how will i manage !!CryCry

Laccho wants to quit !!! I am suddenly bed ridden as the thought even makes me ill.Cry

Haan ji so the point is having help was great but the stress never made it a great plus point !!

I realised if i learnt to be independant with out help i am 100 times happier !!

Now you spoke of public transport !!!!! Trust me if you are not born and brought up to use a public transport you can't step into one. Dead

I used DTC's( Delhi transportation Authority) in my college days. I often had my perv's rubbing their * gross* on me from behind. This is every girls story.I had to run in and catch the bus before the driver got his bus moving. There is no leg room to stand you are mostly packed like sardines !!  In the section where it says " For women only" You had young men always sitting there. If you asked them to vacate , i had one tapori respond after looking at me in jeans and t- shirt " Tum to Mahila nahin ho......so why should i get up"I was Angry.....now i am LOLLOL !!

I switched to auto's.................my pressure started to rise again fighting with the auto walas because their meter was rigged, because he deliberately took a long route to make money, or said " Madam i have no change " when i gave him a big note !!!!! Once an auto wala threw money at my face because i told him i will only pay by the meter card. He said so Censored off !! Take your money and drove off !! I was happy to have gotten a free ride !!LOLLOL What an idiot auo wallah !!LOL

My point - I LOVE India!!!! If i go back i will go back to be with my family and to be with my own fellow country men !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me neither do servants attract me nor does the sucky public transportation system !!Tongue

Originally posted by momogrl21

people Smile

Edited by Aparna_BD - 28 August 2006 at 4:58pm

*Shona*

IF-Veteran Member

*Shona*

Posted: 28 August 2006 at 4:59pm | IP Logged

LOLLOLLOL is it playing sad music di??LOLLOL

ur madhuri & laccho story wuz soo cute ... meri aankhon mein aansoon aa gaye!Wink

actually thats very true ... handling these maids is a full time job in itselfOuch

i've never travelled in DTC so cant say anything about that .. but i've used autos ... which i think are ok-ish .. they can be a nuisance sometimes though.

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 28 August 2006 at 5:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by J.

LOLLOLLOL is it playing sad music di??LOLLOL Meri past life ki tragedy hai and you are laughing !!Angry

ur madhuri & laccho story wuz soo cute ... meri aankhon mein aansoon aa gaye!Wink My eyes were all blurry with tears when i was typing !!Cry

actually thats very true ... handling these maids is a full time job in itselfOuch

i've never travelled in DTC so cant say anything about that .. but i've used autos ... which i think are ok-ish .. they can be a nuisance sometimes though. They are OK "sometimes". Infact when i visit India and take auto i don't care about paying them Rs 1 or Rs 2 extra. But when you do it on a daily basis ................ you get heart burns and you get irritated about paying extra every time.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top