New Year's Interview of Himanshu Soni aka Buddha

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago

Himanshu Soni is the new Buddha

Himanshu Soni is the new Buddha
Buddha
Young actor from Jaipur Himanshu Soni is playing the character of Gautam Buddha in BK Modi's show Buddha. The actor has earlier done shows like Parvarish, Ramayan, Crime Patrol, Adaalat and a lead in a show called Yeh Zindagi Hai Gulshan.

READ: I want to be remembered as Buddha says Himanshu

When asked about doing such a serious role at such a young age, he says, "I was a line producer and have also done a bit of ramp modelling. My father is a painter and has his own business in which my mother also helps. After finishing my education my father wanted to see me settling down with something stable. When I announced that I want to become an actor they were never against that. After coming to Mumbai I have done shows where I played my age and when I got this role I knew that this is not only a show on Lord Buddha but also a journey of King Siddharth to Buddha. It is very fascinating and the story between Yashodhara and Siddharth is untold. And this is also a dream which BK Modi sir has nurtured for near about 35 years. I am honoured to be a part of B.K. Modi's dream. I was never reluctant to take up this right from my audition to look test to going for Vipasana. I was confident about the outcome. My family is also very happy with me." Himanshu also feels this show will mark a very important chapter in his career. "I got to learn many new things through this role. But for me, I am learning the nine emotions through one character. I feel lucky and fortunate and I hope that the audience will love me and shower their fondness towards me and Buddha."
Posted: 10 years ago
Thanks for the article.