Debate Mansion

Most overrated tv actor/actress (Page 19)

Post Reply New Post

Page 19 of 21

sonur15

IF-Rockerz

sonur15

Posted: 11 March 2009 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
And what about actorsConfused.....u mentioned all the actresses........why?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Most overrated tv actor/actress (Page 19)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

crossroads7

Posted: 11 March 2009 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 11 March 2009 at 11:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by clodpolish

"All these men "
How many have you met ?

Milne ki zaroorat nahi parti. Look at the stats on Murder -- it was at the top of the charts at the box office, if I'm not mistaken? WinkLOL

dunno if it was on top or not,
but i can name you many mallika sherawat flops too ,
anyways ,
you are correct LOL

sonur15

IF-Rockerz

sonur15

Posted: 12 March 2009 at 12:53am | IP Logged
Imran Hashmi is very very..u know very bold...it seems that he is good in only particular type of roles.whatever i have never watched his movies in movie theater....
Kajol was attractive i liked her style
Madhuri ,Sdi devi ,Rani r and wr overrated actresses.

Edited by sonur15 - 12 March 2009 at 3:29am

realitybites

realitybites

Posted: 12 March 2009 at 12:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

We could go on forever with the debate of overrated/underrated. After all it is a matter of personal tastes in the end. While actors should be measured on acting quality, the truth is that theirs is a field where a combination of skills, looks and personality matter.

Most young fans only judge by the looks of the actor and I am afraid had Smita Patil been young and alive today then she wldnt have been liked by the GenXOuch

I am a huge fan of SRK. Many people criticize his acting and typecasting. Despite my adoration for him I will admit that his acting skills are mediocre compared to his contemporaries and he is not that great of a looker. What he lacks in these departments he has made up with his personality, charm, wit and intellect. He knows how to brand and market himself. He knows what appeals to women and masses and conforms to it. His uncanny ability to be in tune with the market he serves makes him completely deserving of the hype he comes with.

I agree mostly but I dont think SRK is mediocre. He is repetitive but so are other actors incld Big B. In Billu SRK is restrained if thats a parameter for good acting. His loyalty to wife and friends is also a winning factor. He can joke abt himself tooTongue

The Kapoor sisters - I guess I should have mentioned branding as a factor too. Its what gives a brand an edge over generic. I actually think in their case the hype over their lineage has underrated their mettle as actors. Karishma was a joke in her first movie. Her portrayal of emotions and drama was joke throughout her career. However, she had an uncanny sense of comic timing and the best repotire of expressions ranging from deadpan to screwball for the humor genre. She even did a commendable and surprising job in DTPH where i thought she was the best in the movie. Kareena to has stand out expressions and even did well with drama in Chameli. However, she has let herself be commercially typecast.

Agree and I liked her in Hero no 1 too, she danced very well matching step for step with Govinda. Kareena has lost it she was good in JWM but her focus on looks is affecting her choice of roles.

Ah Ash where do we start. It's hard to say anything against her where people are willing to drop on the floor and kiss the dirt she walks on.

As a child when she first won Miss World, I was completely awestruck by Aishwariya. She was the perfect amalgation of beauty and brains and a shining star for women. Her first few movies were duds, but along with being a looker she has talent too. SLB has managed to get the best range of portrayals out of her.

What makes me abhor Aishwariya is her personality. She is one of those women who would make a good trophy as long as she shuts up. When she speaks she is absolutely totally pretentious, dull, snobbish and just plain full of herself abrasive. She thinks she is so cool making a mark in Hollywood and all that Jazz. Damn woman - even Simon Pegg is bigger and better than you.

I find Aishwarya the MOST overrated actress and befits the title of ice maiden. SHe is beautiful but lacks the warmth. Her expressions and acting skills are woeful. You are right the moment she speaks there are hardly any words and only gigglesConfused. I still cant forget the dishonor she did to Indian women by appearing on Oprah's show as a guest and all she did was giggle asininely to every quesAngry. Oprah being courteous didnt remark or else the other talk show hosts wld have had a ball.

I'm not sure if you can classify it as jealousy since I have no qualms flipping over for Lena Headey, Kate Beckinsale or Keira Knightley. Bit if Aishwariya is the yardstick measure for all women and my disdain for her is jealousy then so be it.

If its beauty that has to be used as a yardstick then I wld prefer Madhubala.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 12 March 2009 at 6:45am | IP Logged

Originally posted by qwertyesque

that she can act is self-evident whether you have personal opinion or bias for or against it.. that she is good looking and can act is something nobody expected... so thats where the jealousy comes into picture...

Jealous? Oh boy, I have been accused of many things in life, but never of being jealous of Aishwariya Rai. I guess there really is a first for everything. LOL Umm, no I do not think I am jealous of her, oh wait, she is married to AB junior, isn't she? Hmm, let me reconsider that for a second ... nah, never mind ... not jealous. LOL Granted she is good looking, but that does not equate to acting skills. I do not see any skill in the way she portrays herself on screen, she has this high-pitched hyena laugh, when she cries, I want to cringe, her dialogue delivery is so poor. Outside of acting, her personality is so bland and she usually makes a fool out of herself during interviews (especially on 60 minutes and the Tyra Bank show). So, besides the "looking-good" part, I don't see anything attractive about her. I do not know how you can call her acting "self-evident", I do believe that nothing in life is self-evident, and most definitely not Aishwariya's acting. I don't know about self-bias, but it most certainly is a personal opinion. You are welcome to enjoy her movies, I am not asking you to stop watching them. Are you planning on going to see the Pink Panther?yeah jealous not as an individual.. but as a group of women who find this fact that ash is a miss world and hasachieved as much accliam in acting world.....she is good..u say she cant speak.. luckily she has become miss world.. on some other criteria other than vital stats...now lets do this ..give me who amongst the recent actresses you think is a good "actress" then let me tell you how tall aish stands compares to her...please dont take names like vidya balon or something in the tier 4 or tier 5 actresses...  take somebody measuriong up to her stature..i am planning to watch pink panther this weekend... If we as women are jealous of Mallika Sherawat (yeah, the day this world ends), then that implies that all desi men are jealous of SRK, Aamir, John, AB, Shiney, and all those good-looking chiknas out there. And I don't believe that, celebrity good looks are one thing, but its not a realistic aspiration. Just because Aish won the Miss World pageant, does not signify her abilities to act or speak in public. Presently, I think Rani Mukherjee is a fabulous actress. I love her spunk, her average yet mystifying looks, her versatility, and most importantly the fact that she stays true to her desi self. men never have jealousy this emotion is absent in them.. the only time they are jealous is if they have a beautifull looking wife who chats a lot with the some  guys in the neighborhood..and sends over gajar ka halwa once in while...rani is good though she is not better than aish.. or both might be as good....LOL

neither of the ones you mentioned can fight or do comedy...so they lack the versatility of a good actor.. so they dont even get rated.. which is fine.. in their niche roles they might still be good.. but their reach is tiny unlike AB, SRK, HR you cant put them in teh same league as teh super good guys...
Oh I am not criticizing SRK and Aamir or AB and HR, they are all wonderful actors, and have given their share of art to the industry. But I'm just mentioning that Manoj Bajpai and Irfan Khan are actors that I like, I like the roles they play, the personalities that their characters portray. I see perfection in their performances. As for versatility, from the above mentioned actors, I only think Aamir Khan is a versatile actor. It is hard for actors to be versatile in Bollywood, because they usually get stuck in one genre and have a hard time coming out of it. But, if given a chance, I do believe Irfan Khan and Manoj Bajpai could be comedians or fighters. sorry besides what they have done so far...neither of them is capable ot doing anything else..remember the game show by bajpai kam ya jyada..his jokes were like oh so pathetic....but i agree they are good at what they are doing which is all they are capable of doing....
I guess it depends on what you prefer. Why would I want a fabulous actor like Irfan Khan to waste time doing stupid, pointless Bollywood excuse for comedies? Likewise, keep Mallika Sherawat and Rakhi Sawant, and even glam dolls like Aish out of serious heart wrenching movies. I loved the movie Pinjar, Manoj Bajpai and Urmilla did an amazing job in that movie. Irfan Khan, even in a movie like Billu Barber, never loses his touch. His acting seeps through as though giving an insight into his soul. i  believe there is no choice either for you to defend such actors nor they have for anything else... yeah irfan is good so is rajpal yadav but they dont have versatility to be larger than lifeSmile
 QUOTE]

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 12 March 2009 at 6:54am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 12 March 2009 at 7:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sandya_rao7

the point that makes it debatable is some people think otherwise..Smile
now this topic is not one of comman grounds. in this topic i think everyone can have their own likes and dislikes so y i dont like a person is not debatable for me(happy to do it though).if u said Abjr is overrrated cos u dont like him.. i would say ok.. but you are using urdislike to create the aura of reasons for that.. which is what i am debating....Smile only giving reasons y he is over rated.

thats called being practical given what happens to a woman in india once she is married... she didnt want to do a mistake on that one.. oh what happens to a woman?....dont u know if a actor declares her marriage her movie career can go straight south..heroine value plummets..by and large..... and if you tell me you dont know that,,,,, i think u dontknow too many things... on which you are basing your opinion.  oh i thought she is not working in india. yeah until now she wasnt she is a next door gal.. but now she may start getting good offers...

she has a move offer from woody allen, she is on cover of vogue and maxim and will be the ambassador for Este lauder... so much for not being "hot"!!!!!!Confused well you are a guy and meaning of hot for u would be different for me its not wearing skimpy clothes.skimpy is not hot.... i know that... but gals may not know whos a hot gal anyways.. btw she never wore skimpy clothes so far.. atleast i havent seen her doing that  if i think i may not have seen he pictures on maxim and all those magzines u r talking abt u r mistaken and then wht is your defination of hot. and how can u say girls dont know wht being hot is? comeon if girls knew what hot is they would know many other things.. hot doesnt have definition.. it is when a person has sensuous looks and a strong appeal even when they are clothed and are not showing off their physical assets relevant to sexual gratification directly...  come on dont make me write definitions. my last name is not webster..LOL

can you same a few.. as i said earlier e.g. IIFA (due to AB) he gets to play such a long role in dhoom , dhoom 2 even though he was not able to leave any mark also. he is nominated as best actor for dostana when john was more deserving.yeah yeah thats the refrain... everybody is wrong and somebody else was moredeserving.. i think the movie itself was not worth a mention... Confused which movie? dostana!!!

the reason being he didnt get filmfare ot zee award for sarkar, guru...even after giving a stupendous performance  isnt that meaningless!!! 
bcoz there were more deserving peopleagreed AB Sr might influence some ddecisions.. but cant make some non-actor an actor.. i think/
but he can get him good banner movies which others have to struggle for sure since when is RGV a big banner... he refused to case SRK in any of his films cos he doesnt consider him a good actor...guru was another arty film so to say not the typical masala caper people would die for.. so whic movies are you talking about? name a few... dhoom was a second lead and that was clear isnt it?  ya where the lead came after the interval? and its not only dhoom there are so many karan johar movies and more of yash raj movies also apart from them there have been very less hit movies of him.numbers dont matter hrtihik has only 2 or 3 hits doenst make him less of a hit Smile

so for me they both are over over over tated for nothing. i f for u they are not so be it.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top