Vani Rani Dec 30 - Jan 3 Discussions - Page 2

Posted: 10 years ago
Happy new year folks..

Why is there too many negative characters in VR nowadays..This finger matching Shenvi, Eyes rolling Devi, Screaming Sara, Shouting Swami and Irritating MOM..Habba..the storyline is getting very usual nowdays..Hope they come back to the peak again..Pavam Rani familykku no peace at all..Just now they came up with Hotel idea, a big bang on their head..This Sara why was he screaming at Rajesh and Sura without listening to them..Evar mattum Poo'va thitalam, adikkalam and after all that she should be behind this useless..but Rajesh should not behave the same way with his sister?..Atleast Rajesh has some reason..than this useless idiot..This Swami is a fool of first order..for anything and everything he behaves as though his family is the only one to suffer on the entire earth..Life is all about pros and cons and the essence of life lies in how best we tackle it...Why is this logic not getting into his mind..

Is it the ratings getting to them? They are now catering for the majority of their audience rather than pleasing the audience they picked up at the start who were all very happy with the individuality of Vani Rani...

Even when the plot is terrible, the cast keeps me from watching it but what to do when the characterization is terrible, obviously most of the characters are very well maintained but the ones that have lost their brain are too annoying. 😕

I think it's better that Shenvi (nice name 😆 but I hope that we won't use it for long) stays in Rani's house. Rani's medicinal mind is sure to feature a treatment to chase away the supernatural... 🤣
All I can say that it is nice to see at least Rani and Thenu back to their normal self 😃
Thanks for the updates, Ravi, you saved me from a Shenvi'ful episode.. ðŸ˜† And for once a Shenvi'ful episode didn't annoy me because we now have progress!!  Now, all we need is a conclusion to this Shenvi Pei track and it'll be party time.. ðŸ¥³ 

As for, Sara and Swami.. 😡 *sigh* Why, why, why..  *Shree knocks head on wall in frustration* I agree with Shathir that Swami's pitiful expression can get him forgiven for almost anything but even I, the die hard Swami aficionado, am having a hard time digesting his actions lately.. ðŸ¤¢

But something tells me that I'm still going to stick it out with this asinine Swami for the simple reason that I adore Prithvi and that I loved the simplicity that was Swami in the initial portions of VR..  *Shree puts on a helmet and raincoat and waits for VRYPMS makkals to pelt her with rotten tomato and eggs* ðŸ˜†

Edited by incorrigible - 10 years ago
Whenever I feel frustrated with VR, I remember that one scene that turned me into a a fan of VR..it was in one of the episodes right after Swami destroys the water plant..Swami asks Rani "kotta kotta kuninjikithe irrukenne, yenna partha kasthamma illaya unakku"..Rani's reply to that for me is to date the most poignant moment of VR..the simplicity of her statement, the power behind it, the expression on Swami's face and the background score..simply breathtaking..if I had to pick just one scene in VR to relive over and over again, this scene would be it..and each time I feel like throwing my hands up in despair over Swami lately, I remember that scene and think, the writers cannot and will not let me down..there has to be a beautiful redemption for Swami..there just has to be!!
I was a kid growing up in the 90's when K. Balachander movies were all the rage.. That's where my admiration for Prithvi the actor began, though perhaps I was too young to realise it then.. The turning point for me was this K. Balachander serial in the early 2000's.. Prithvi played the role of a crippled politician / social worker / community leader named Kapilan.. I don't even remember the name of the serial or anything about what the story was or who the actors were who starred in it.. But Prithvi as Kapilan for me stills stands as one of the most memorable characters portrayed by a man in any serial to date.. After that, each time I re-watch any KB movie, my affection for the actor just grows, to the point that each time I watch Vaaranam Aayiram, I make it a point to skip the kidnap portions because I don't want to watch a villainous Prithvi.. Perhaps this affection is childish, because after all, it does colour my opinion of post-separation Swami.. But the combination of Prithvi the actor and pre-separation Swami just makes it sooo hard for me to truly dislike post-separation Swami.. If anything, what I feel is a deep sense of disappointment for the way the character has shaped up.. In some ways, I even feel cheated.. Here is an actor of good calibre who can do justice to any role he plays, come on writers, make the shouting and the lame excuses stop.. Do Prithvi justice and give Swami a decent redemption.. We don't want a senseless, ungrateful, screaming Swami.. Give us back the Swami that was promised to us at the start, give us the intelligent, caring, grateful, down-to-earth, loving, simple, naive, lovable Swami.. We miss him..
Konjam over emotional aiythenno?? ðŸ˜³ ðŸ˜†
Originally posted by incorrigible

naw!! lol..

just sang the prithvi puranam instead of thiruppaavai...!!
Incorrigible, totally agree with you about Swami's characterisation.

Between him and Bhoomi, everyone looked up to him and he looked up to Vani.  Esp the children, everything they go to their father/chitapa for advise etc.  He was with full of sense and intelligence.

But somehow, all these have come to stop.  Yes,he was hurt by Bhoomi but how about he has hurt his own family and Vani's family.  Vani gave him money to start a company, what did he do?  He screwed up the whole deal just because his brother asked him to leave.  Kevalama ille? 

Doesn't this now mean Vani & Rani's family can start screaming at him.  Yesterday, I saw the part where he asks Rani to give time and not to contact Vani.  I went aiyah... humbug.  I mean who is he to make such demands?

Originally posted by incorrigible

Actually any less and a handful of rotten eggs and tomatoes would have came your way 😆