CID

Article:Delhi actor stands out for his ro

maneet.n.shanak thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Star of the week

Starting his career as a newsreader with Sahara Samay, today Sachin Sharma has created a niche for himself as an actor with serials like Kahaani Ghar Ghar ki, CID, Tumhari Disha and latest Vaidehi. The actor recently made news by signing up for a second fiddle in Sindoor-Tere Naam Ka, in spite of the fact that he was already playing the main lead role in another daily.
Sneha Hazarika had a brief chat with the young actor about Vaidehi, and his hi-profile entry in Sindoor.

Q  Tell us about your role in Sindoor?
It's a positive character. He is a very lovable boy, a perfect guy who every woman will like. I am cast opposite Keerti Gaekwad's character Niharika who is the bad girl in the show. In fact, this is for the first time in Indian television that a positive and a negative character fall for each other and will also be seen being  together for quite sometime.

Q So will your goodness play upon Niharika's character and make her a good girl?
She has all the vital reasons to remain negative. So he won't be changing her. Just that everything about my character reminds her of her dead husband Rudra.

Q  So are you enjoying your time with the Sindoor unit?
As of now I have been shooting only at nights with them. And even though it's been just a couple of days, it's great fun working with the unit.

Q You were already playing the main lead role in Sony's Vaidehi. So how come you signed up for this character in Sindoor which is only second to the main lead?
For me it's not the first or second lead which matters. What I value most is the character and if a character is powerful enough, I don't mind taking it up.

Q Is variety the reason behind joining Sindoor?
Yes, in Vaidehi my character is hardcore negative and here it's out and out positive with whom any woman can fall in love with. It's hard for people to believe that it's the same guy who is playing these two different characters.

Q So variety is the spice of life for you!
Oh yes, surely. I even did a charity show recently called Kudiyan Bemisal. In fact I keep doing shows on and off. Now given a chance, I want to do shows abroad also.

Q  Are films on your agenda?
Of course. I definitely want to do films and sooner or later it should happen.

Q You seem to be quite satisfied with the way your career has shaped up till now?
Yes. I am a Delhi boy and I came to Mumbai around two-and-half years ago. Since then, I have portrayed varied roles in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, Tumhari Disha, CID, and now Vaidehi and Sindoor. So it's been a pretty satisfying journey.

Q Your future plans?
I haven't planned anything in Television now. I will take things as they come. I am looking forward to Navratri as I am hoping to do some good shows. And yes films later on.

(Sampurn)